Foreign students not a threat, but an advantage

Record 900,000 international students in US: the top countries they hail from

Record 900 000 international students in US the top countries they hail from - CSMonitor.com

This was the only thing in there that dealt with what was good about this.

"International students contributed some $27 billion to the US economy last year, an increase of $3 billion from the prior year."

•27 billion.

Whoopee dee freaking do.
They also contribute simply by coming from diverse cultures. They add to the richness of the university experience: different cultures, different outlooks, etc. This is something universities all over the world seek: to have diverse student populations. It is a win, win situation for everyone.

whatever..we don't have ENOUGH jobs for American citizens so import a bunch of Foreigners.

That's un-American in my book.

I guess you don't have anyone you know who is unemployed.
LMAO

Foreign students are students who come here to study. Once they earn their degrees, they go home. They come to the US to study because we have excellent universities, and when they apply for jobs in their home country, having a degree from a US university is very useful. It puts them ahead of applicants who stayed at home to study. A US degree is highly prized in foreign countries.

You really don't know much about the wider world, do you? Poor thing.

You still haven't told me the title of your book. :)

Not all of them leave, and you have not dealt with the concern that they are depriving American students of admission slots.

THe sole "advantage" offered has been a vague claim that the relationships formed by the students will enable the future world to work together better.

Yes, foreign student means students who come here to study and then they go home. The vast majority of them go home. This is something I know about through my profession. I know what I'm talking about: you don't, you're just guessing.

whatever..we don't have ENOUGH jobs for American citizens so import a bunch of Foreigners.

LMAO

Foreign students are students who come here to study. Once they earn their degrees, they go home. They come to the US to study because we have excellent universities, and when they apply for jobs in their home country, having a degree from a US university is very useful. It puts them ahead of applicants who stayed at home to study. A US degree is highly prized in foreign countries.

Not all of them leave, and you have not dealt with the concern that they are depriving American students of admission slots.

THe sole "advantage" offered has been a vague claim that the relationships formed by the students will enable the future world to work together better.
It is not a 'vague claim.' It is a reality. Very much so.

“International education is crucial to building relationships between people and communities in the United States and around the world,” Evan M. Ryan, assistant secretary of state for educational and cultural affairs, said in a statement. “It is through these relationships that together we can solve global challenges like climate change, the spread of pandemic disease, and combating violent extremism.”
...t

A vague and unsupported opinion.

I think you already gave your real reason.

THis flood is reducing diversity of thought, by reducing seats available to conservative Americans who you don't want to see or hear.
It is extremely clear that you don't know anything about this subject, and that you object to the idea of foreign students simply out of racism and bigotry. Sad, sad you.

OMG You think that having a large population of foreign students in the US reduces diversity of thought? How ignorant you are. How sadly ignorant indeed. It is absolutely, without question, just the opposite.

Last edited:
Record 900,000 international students in US: the top countries they hail from

Record 900 000 international students in US the top countries they hail from - CSMonitor.com

This was the only thing in there that dealt with what was good about this.

"International students contributed some $27 billion to the US economy last year, an increase of $3 billion from the prior year."

•27 billion.

Whoopee dee freaking do.
They also contribute simply by coming from diverse cultures. They add to the richness of the university experience: different cultures, different outlooks, etc. This is something universities all over the world seek: to have diverse student populations. It is a win, win situation for everyone.

AN article of faith for you. Can you support it?

LMAO

Yes, foreign student means students who come here to study and then they go home. The vast majority of them go home. This is something I know about through my profession. I know what I'm talking about: you don't, you're just guessing.

I am a college graduate. I went though a small program that never the less had a Foreign student. She married and stayed. She did not go home.

LMAO

Can you support that? Or is it simply a matter of faith with you?

“International education is crucial to building relationships between people and communities in the United States and around the world,” Evan M. Ryan, assistant secretary of state for educational and cultural affairs, said in a statement. “It is through these relationships that together we can solve global challenges like climate change, the spread of pandemic disease, and combating violent extremism.”
...t

THis flood is reducing diversity of thought, by reducing seats available to conservative Americans who you don't want to see or hear.
It is extremely clear that you don't know anything about this subject, and that you object to the idea of foreign students simply out of racism and bigotry. Sad, sad you.

OMG You think that having a large population of foreign students in the US reduces diversity of thought? How ignorant you are. How sadly ignorant indeed. It is absolutely, without question, just the opposite.

How many of these foreign students challenge your core beliefs as I have just done?

LMAO

First hand observation. I live a foreign country now. I have lived is several foreign countries for over 12 years. I work with people from all over the world: an international community. They get along because they have a shared experience of studying in foreign universities. It isn't faith and it isn't guessing: you are just guessing. You do not know anything about this topic and probably should not be posting on it.

...t

How many of these foreign students challenge your core beliefs as I have just done?
LOL You haven't challenged anything. You are fucking stupid and ignorant. You just don't realize it. You are trying to debate an issue on which you are completely ignorant. Get a clue bozo. In fact, I'm done responding to you. You're simply too stupid.

LMAO

First hand observation. I live a foreign country now. I have lived is several foreign countries for over 12 years. I work with people from all over the world: an international community. They get along because they have a shared experience of studying in foreign universities. It isn't faith and it isn't guessing: you are just guessing. You do not know anything about this topic and probably should not be posting on it.

And what is the biggest world problem that your community has solved, that it could NOT have solved if you had not all had the experience of studying in foreign schools?

...t

LOL You haven't challenged anything. You are fucking stupid and ignorant. You just don't realize it. You are trying to debate an issue on which you are completely ignorant. Get a clue bozo. In fact, I'm done responding to you. You're simply too stupid.

Weak dodge.

You know they do not.

I have, and look how you respond.

WIth vulgarity and running away.

LOL. College is about preparing yourself for a career. That is the ONLY useful experience on a college campus so far as I'm concerned. If I'd told my parents I was going to college to "broaden my horizons", "find myself", or "experience new cultures and outlooks" I would not have gotten a single penny for my college expenses from them.

LOL. College is about preparing yourself for a career. That is the ONLY useful experience on a college campus so far as I'm concerned. If I'd told my parents I was going to college to "broaden my horizons", "find myself", or "experience new cultures and outlooks" I would not have gotten a single penny for my college expenses from them.
You are arguing against values that are held in universities around the developed world. Contact any good university admissions office and ask them their policy on international students. Go ahead. You'll find that I know what I'm talking about. And, btw, university is not only about learning a trade. In today's world, where the economy is global, having studied in a foreign university helps you to do better in your career, unless all you want to be is a ditch digger.

You are arguing against values that are held in universities around the developed world. Contact any good university admissions office and ask them their policy on international students. Go ahead. You'll find that I know what I'm talking about. And, btw, university is not only about learning a trade. In today's world, where the economy is global, having studied in a foreign university helps you to do better in your career, unless all you want to be is a ditch digger.

Logical fallacy of Appeal to the People, "that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

Any studies supporting your claim that studying in a foreign university helps your career?

Considering my prior comments, why would you believe that I would give ANY weight to the bureaucrats who are IN the university system? Especially ones who are promoting the allowance of sub-humans (aka foreigners) into US Colleges and Universities.

I do not live in a Global economy. If we don't make it here in the US, I go out of my way not to buy it unless it is absolutely vital I have the product. I do not travel outside the US. I do not engage in business or personal relationships with people from other countries. There is nothing from outside the US that I NEED that badly, thank you very much.

Teabaggers = bitter old racist uneducated hicks.

I'll accept the Old and Bitter monikers. Those I wear with pride.

However, I am not uneducated. I have a college degree. The difference between me and those you laud is that mine is a two-year degree, that was focused on preparing me for a career, not looting my bank account without providing me with meaningful career skills. I've taken that roughly $20,000 investment and over the last 20 years turned it into a career that now makes me roughly four times my initial investment EVERY YEAR. It also required less than 3 years for me to pay off the grand total of $2,000 I had to borrow to get the degree in the first place. I'm not uneducated; I just chose not to be OVEReducated (and overburdened with an insane amount of loan debt).

As for being a hick. Yes, my family has its share of farmers, craftsmen, clergy, and stay-at-home mothers in it. Probably more than most families do these days. We also have teachers, investment bankers, small businessmen, and two PhD's in some form of genetic microbiology that's so far over my head I don't even try to understand it. My brother and his wife are both employed by Florida State University's Biology Department as researchers and professors. If that makes us hicks, I'll wear the title with pride.

You're wasting your breath on that hater. He has nothing but name calling and hate for anyone who doesn't fall on their knees for his dumb ways of thinking. I don't have time for stupid people like that. and I'd rather be a hick, than some dumb worthless human being who sits on a message board showing nothing but their dumb ass

Last edited:
Teabaggers = bitter old racist uneducated hicks.

I'll accept the Old and Bitter monikers. Those I wear with pride.

However, I am not uneducated. I have a college degree. The difference between me and those you laud is that mine is a two-year degree, that was focused on preparing me for a career, not looting my bank account without providing me with meaningful career skills. I've taken that roughly $20,000 investment and over the last 20 years turned it into a career that now makes me roughly four times my initial investment EVERY YEAR. It also required less than 3 years for me to pay off the grand total of $2,000 I had to borrow to get the degree in the first place. I'm not uneducated; I just chose not to be OVEReducated (and overburdened with an insane amount of loan debt).

As for being a hick. Yes, my family has its share of farmers, craftsmen, clergy, and stay-at-home mothers in it. Probably more than most families do these days. We also have teachers, investment bankers, small businessmen, and two PhD's in some form of genetic microbiology that's so far over my head I don't even try to understand it. My brother and his wife are both employed by Florida State University's Biology Department as researchers and professors. If that makes us hicks, I'll wear the title with pride.

You're wasting your breath on that hater. He has nothing but name calling and hate for anyone who doesn't fall on their knees for his dumb ways of thinking. I don't have time for stupid people like that. and I'd rather be a hick, than some dumb worthless human being who sits on a message board showing nothing but their dumb ass

You are a perfect example of someone with very little education and exposure to people from other cultures and experiences. You are culturally and educationally inbred. Thankfully no so with the younger generation I have met.

Forum List

Back