Foreign films that don't suck... (it's worth having to read the subtitles)

Do you know if it's available on Youtube?

When doing some amateur movie making, I experimented with with day for night. There are a lots of problems with this. Shadows are off. Color looks terrible. And it creates unrealistic images. In old B&W movies they would just shoot them in daylight and but a filter on the lens which makes everything look grey or shoot at night with their fastest film which makes everything look black except for lights.
I dont think so. I last saw ut in the late 70s on TV. The BBC used to play foreign films every week then. We always used to watch because there was always a hance of seeing female tits in foreign films. Sad but true.

I dont think so. I last saw ut in the late 70s on TV. The BBC used to play foreign films every week then. We always used to watch because there was always a hance of seeing female tits in foreign films. Sad but true.
Yes, I remember those at some "art" movie houses of the 40's, 50's and 60s. Although kids would go to see some ass and tits, we were exposed to lots of good foreign films that we remember to this day. That where's I saw some of the early movies, of Alex Guinness and François Truffaut 400 Blows and Jules and Jim.

Last edited:
I think the entire movie industry around the world is moving toward international films. In ten years just about all major movies regardless of where they are made will be dubbed and subtitled in a half dozen languages and will be internationalized so they will have worldwide appeal. I hate to see that but I know it's coming because it dramatically reduces the cost of making movies and shows.

There is no academy award now for Best Foreign Film but rather Best Foreign Language Film.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember those at some "art" movie houses of the 40's, 50's and 60s. Although kids would go to see some ass and tits, we were exposed to lots of good foreign films that we remember to this day. That where's I saw some of the early movies, of Alex Guinness and François Truffaut 400 Blows and Jules and Jim.
I think Day for Night is available on VUDU but not sure

Forum List

Back