CDZ For what reason are kids having to learn about slavery ??

People are inherently cheap and want to get the most out of labor for the absolute least pay. Call it a sin....

To avoid repeating it.
`
While my response was cynical, if not flippant, my point is that it is part of US history and should be taught. However, if it's taught in a manner that assesses cultural or racial blame, then I personally have a problem with it.

Yes, history should be taught without blame or moral implication IMO. If we trust our kids to be moral then, the moral facts will speak for themselves.

People are inherently cheap and want to get the most out of labor for the absolute least pay. Call it a sin....

Nothing wrong with that, one wants the cheapest expenses when running a business because the viability of the business is dependent upon income vs. expenses. Money is not moral.

Productivity today is tied to wages. Pay more a worker works harder, pay less a worker works less hard, as it should be. Working hard for low wages is a sign of a simpleton. Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Productivity today is tied to wages. Pay more a worker works harder, pay less a worker works less hard, as it should be. Working hard for low wages is a sign of a simpleton. Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Some kids today have really missed the boat on character building. No wonder why the younger generation has a bad name.

I haven’t given up hope for them.

Their leaders justify it in some manner which is palatable...

Lincoln didn't justify it. Even though he owned slaves. Understanding why people may do the things they do is not tantamount to you being brainwashed by them....Unless, of course, you are prone to brainwashing.

Lincoln didn’t own slaves.

You are correct. I stand corrected.

Lincoln WAS a slave at one point.

Huh! Excellent thread topic. Why indeed do they hammer on and on and on about something that after all --- isn't happening? Black slavery.

I would think they might educate children about all the slavery that IS going on --- Arabs taking thousands of black slaves and treating Bangladeshis as slaves when they bring them over to Saudi Arabia.

Or more importantly, the huge number of sex slaves trafficked in the millions, mostly women and children, all over the world, bought and sold, addicted to drugs quickly so they won't escape.

Instead they focus obsessively on something that isn't happening anymore. It's to saddle whites with guilt and blame and keep us constantly accused, of course. I'd say we should put a stop to this and teach our children to ignore it and to understand the malign purposes going on.
How do current events qualify as history ?
How can you teach the Civil War without teaching about slavery ?
How can you understand the US without teaching about slavery ?

The only reasons against it appear to be political and based in ignorance as nobody has taken the trouble to find out what is being taught.
Surely you dont want to brush it under the carpet ?
. We are talking about age appropriate, and how to teach history without it causing damage or fomenting white guilt, black hatred etc.

It can be done, and it would be the next step in the healing process in which should have been healed already, but here this country still is being stupid about how to have history, but not to further the ill affects of it upon the children. Why is it right to burden every generation with the guilt of the past, otherwise as if it can't ever be healed never ??

Children have learned about slavery for 150 years

Why are today's children so sensitive ?
. It's the way in which it is being taught, and who benefits from it today once the results have been engrained into the very being of the next set of guinea pig's (generations saddled with the guilt), who had to drink from the poisonous hands in which were feeding them these things at to young an age for a desired effect to take place in the future. It is that these chains will not be held around the necks of our children forever, and it will be that future generations of black youth won't think that they have got to work their way out from under the weight of it all forever.

Sounds like a serious guilt issue
. Care to add something of worth or you got nothing but ignorance to add to this thread ?

Their leaders justify it in some manner which is palatable...

Lincoln didn't justify it. Even though he owned slaves. Understanding why people may do the things they do is not tantamount to you being brainwashed by them....Unless, of course, you are prone to brainwashing.

Lincoln didn’t own slaves.

You are correct. I stand corrected.

Lincoln WAS a slave at one point.
. How so ?

If they needed labor fine...then pay for it. And if nobody applies raise your wages or do it yourself. Lazy folk they were.
. This stuff happens to this very day, only not in the illegal form of slavery, but almost the same in some cases.

Nothing wrong with that, one wants the cheapest expenses when running a business because the viability of the business is dependent upon income vs. expenses. Money is not moral.
Peddling cheap products is one thing, but peddling cheap labor or abusing humans is something altogether different. It is sin.

To avoid repeating it.
`
While my response was cynical, if not flippant, my point is that it is part of US history and should be taught. However, if it's taught in a manner that assesses cultural or racial blame, then I personally have a problem with it.

Yes, history should be taught without blame or moral implication IMO. If we trust our kids to be moral then, the moral facts will speak for themselves.
. What moral facts ? The time period was teaming with immorality. Not a whole lot for the kids to grab on to, other than maybe the humanity that was shown in it all, but today that humanity is being denide, and the blame game is the problem.

To avoid repeating it.
`

. What moral facts ? The time period was teaming with immorality. Not a whole lot for the kids to grab on to, other than maybe the humanity that was shown in it all, but today that humanity is being denide, and the blame game is the problem.

The moral facts taught to them by their parents

Forum List

Back