For Tudors Fans..

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
As everyone knows, The Tudors has been picked up for a fourth and last season which will air around April of next year with 10 episodes.

I learned recently that the creators of The Tudors are making a series about Camelot which will air it's first season around the same time next year.

I don't know about everyone else but I thought The Tudors was great even though they didn't age Jonathan Rhys Meyers and took some small liberties with historical content. I also hated the many references to his syphillis and how the sores on his leg seeped and stunk (puke).

I generally enjoyed it, I found myself researching answers to questions that came up after each episode. Interesting series.

Last edited:
I have been watching it since it came on, lots of fun in merry olde England.

Henry sure loved to chop heads.

Camelot should be good too. After I started watching the Tudors, I also caught Elizabeth (the movie) which was so interesting as well. She turned out to be quite a different person from her mother.

Is it fiction or fictionalised history or history (the Tudors I mean)?

Yes.

Please refer to the thread which, inter alia, discusses firefighters failing their supervisory exams - :lol:

Objective test item:

"The Tudors" is a television series set in late mediaeval England. Is "The Tudors"

(a) Fiction
(b) Fictionalised history
(c) History

Please tick the correct response. Please note there is no "all of the above" option in this item :D

As everyone knows, The Tudors has been picked up for a fourth and last season which will air around April of next year with 10 episodes.

I learned recently that the creators of The Tudors are making a series about Camelot which will air it's first season around the same time next year.

I don't know about everyone else but I thought The Tudors was great even though they didn't age Jonathan Rhys Meyers and took some small liberties with historical content. I also hated the many references to his syphillis and how the sores on his leg seeped and stunk (puke).

I generally enjoyed it, I found myself researching answers to questions that came up after each episode. Interesting series.

Sorry to distract everyone from comparing the sizes of their penis, or their poll numbers, but I had to resurrect this because I just watched the entire 38 episodes of Tudors, 4 seasons on Netflix, and read Great Henry by Carolly Erickson.

Everything Sarah says in her OP is accurate: Great acting, and IMHO surprisingly accurate from a historical perspective. There are some fictional liberties taken, and I wish Showtime had made Henry older and fatter in the 4th season (although to be accurate, he would have been old and fat when he met Anne Bolyn much more Catherine Parr).

I LOVE NATALIE DORMER as Anne Bolyn!

natalie-dormer-9582.jpg

:) She did some crappy things to people in the movie but I was honestly upset when Ann was killed. I really feel she was railroaded. Of course he was a basket case by then but I thought I would like it when she went away.

:) She did some crappy things to people in the movie but I was honestly upset when Ann was killed. I really feel she was railroaded. Of course he was a basket case by then but I thought I would like it when she went away.

Well, she did not produce a male child like she said she would. Most of the crappier things were accomplished by her father and brother.

I liked the way the French executioner took her head off before she knew what was happening.

I was amazed to learn she was Elizabeth I's mother...somehow this historical factoid had escaped me during my public school world history class.

I watched them all. They were really good. Now its time for something new.

They need to do something on colonial America. A cross between Last of the Mohicans and Deadwood, perhaps.

They show John Adams on HBO around the 4th of July. It's 12 episodes and very good. It seems they did have one on colonial America some time back.

Forum List

Back