For trendy Iran youths, 'Death to USA' is so 1979

Regardless of what you are, it is quite obvious that you don't feel for those youths in Iran. Imagine if you had to live under those conditions here in the U.S. when you were a youth and certainly before you became a hardline Muslim in your adult years. You make excuses in favor of the hardliners. Really, you should talk to some older ex-Iranians in the U.S. and ask them what they think with regard to these hardliners in Iran. Be sure to ask these people why they left instead of living in the Glorious Islamic Republic of Iran. They are very hospitable and will invite you into their homes for refreshments, and you can have a good gab-fest with them.
Sally, you seem to be obsessed with everything I think, say, or do.

Being infatuated with another person over the internet can't be mentally healthy or good for a marriage.

Just saying........ :cool:

Now isn't that strange? I posted this article, and you had to put your two cents in. I posted articles elsewhere, and you also had to put your two cents in. So before you say anyone is infatuated with you, think about yourself where you can't restrain yourself from saying some type of nonsense. The bottom line is that I don't think you are too smart.

The basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world. And all of us against the infidel.
Iranians aren't arabs.

Just saying.......... :cool:

Neither are the Egyptians:

Nevertheless, a year after the establishment of the League of Arab States in 1945, to be headquartered in Cairo, Oxford University historian H. S. Deighton was still writing:

“ The Egyptians are not Arabs, and both they and the Arabs are aware of this fact. They are Arabic-speaking, and they are Muslim indeed religion plays a greater part in their lives than it does in those either of the Syrians or the Iraqi. But the Egyptian, during the first thirty years of the [twentieth] century, was not aware of any particular bond with the Arab East... Egypt sees in the Arab cause a worthy object of real and active sympathy and, at the same time, a great and proper opportunity for the exercise of leadership, as well as for the enjoyment of its fruits. But she is still Egyptian first and Arab only in consequence, and her main interests are still domestic.[32]

Egyptians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many of them are muslim, however. So, when I was there, I dressed modestly in loose fitting modest clothing, did not make eye contact with the men, and wore a scarf in the mosques.

Last edited:
One would think that someone who was brought up here in America as Sunni Man was, he would have some sympathy for these youths.
Why should I have 'sympathy' for a bunch of snot nosed misfit youths?? . :cool:

Maybe that is your opinion of them, but others feel sympathy for them. I think the readers can figure out by now that Sunni Man just loves the hardliners no matter where they are.

Unlike with some on here, Sunni have been friends from my early days of posting at USMB. We differ drastically on several things, and we have had some BITTER disagreements. But we have been able to remain friends. You should take a lesson, here.

Now isn't that strange? I posted this article, and you had to put your two cents in. I posted articles elsewhere, and you also had to put your two cents in.
The difference is: I post about the topic of the OP

But your posts always focus on me and rarely address the subject being discussed. . :eusa_hand:

The basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world. And all of us against the infidel.

So true, even if they happen to be converts to Islam like Sunni Man is. One would think that someone who was brought up here in America as Sunni Man was, he would have some sympathy for these youths. Perhaps Sunni Man should question the older Iranian Muslims in his area and ask them why they left Iran.

Perhaps instead of chiding Sunni Man, who is Muslim, unlike most commenting here - you can instruct KatznDogz on the fact that Iranians are Persians, not Arabs :)

They make some damned good rugs~!

Now isn't that strange? I posted this article, and you had to put your two cents in. I posted articles elsewhere, and you also had to put your two cents in.
The difference is: I post about the topic of the OP

But your posts always focus on me and rarely address the subject being discussed. . :eusa_hand:

Are you seeing things and hearing voices, Sunnis Man? Are you claiming that when I posted three different articles today, you kept quiet and didn't put your ridiculous two cents in??

Iranians aren't arabs.

Are you trying to tell us that the Arabs never invaded Iran and mixed with the Persian population?

Iran's Zoroastrians remember Arab conquest of Persia

Iranians aren't arabs.

Are you trying to tell us that the Arabs never invaded Iran and mixed with the Persian population?
Nope.

I am just saying that the people of Iran are predominately Persian.

Question: Are you really this dense or just pretending?? . :cool:

Iranians aren't arabs.

Nope.

I am just saying that the people of Iran are predominately Persian.

Question: Are you really this dense or just pretending?? . :cool:

Are you the one who is so dense that you can make the blanket statement "Iranians aren't Arabs?"

Forum List

Back