For those who like to shoot, try this.

I enjoyed the video, thought I'd pass it along. Target drones.

Dropbox - Gnat Warfare 2-HD 1080p.mov

Now that is KICK ASS!!!

I'm really surprised that this hasn't got more hits, I think it would be a blast to do this, it would definitely test your skill.

I was thinking the same thing.
It'd be a hell of a lot more fun if you had your own plane to shoot at though.
And the total destruction plane at the end was SWEET!!
When you stop and think about it you could probably do the same thing with a towed target and you wouldnt have to replace the plane body only a glider with the exploding target.
Hmmmmm.......might have to look in to that.

Now that is KICK ASS!!!

I'm really surprised that this hasn't got more hits, I think it would be a blast to do this, it would definitely test your skill.

When you stop and think about it you could probably do the same thing with a towed target and you wouldnt have to replace the plane body only a glider with the exploding target.

I don't think you could get the speed and maneuverability with a towed target, plus you would need a more powerful tow plane. As far as owning one, I think they would be like a boat, it's a lot cheaper to know someone who has one than to buy one yourself. Plus would you want even small explosives around the house that could be set off by an impact? No, I think I would prefer to shoot one that belongs to someone else.

Now that is KICK ASS!!!

I don't think you could get the speed and maneuverability with a towed target, plus you would need a more powerful tow plane. As far as owning one, I think they would be like a boat, it's a lot cheaper to know someone who has one than to buy one yourself. Plus would you want even small explosives around the house that could be set off by an impact? No, I think I would prefer to shoot one that belongs to someone else.

Not sure what they're using as far as the explosive goes. Tannerite is the most common and it's totally safe even after mixing although it's against the law to transport it mixed.
It would also have to be the low velocity version of tannerite in order for a shotgun to set it off.
Like I said though the stuff is totally safe. You could hit it with a sledge hammer and it wont go off.

Now that is KICK ASS!!!

Not sure what they're using as far as the explosive goes. Tannerite is the most common and it's totally safe even after mixing although it's against the law to transport it mixed.
It would also have to be the low velocity version of tannerite in order for a shotgun to set it off.
Like I said though the stuff is totally safe. You could hit it with a sledge hammer and it wont go off.

Never dealt with tannerite, all my experience is with C-4, det cord and ammonium nitrate.

Now that is KICK ASS!!!

Never dealt with tannerite, all my experience is with C-4, det cord and ammonium nitrate.

You lucky bastard!
Tannerites a whole lotta fun and legal for the common pukes such as myself.:biggrin:
And if you use enough of it......

You lucky bastard!
Tannerites a whole lotta fun and legal for the common pukes such as myself.:biggrin:
And if you use enough of it......

It's effective, got to give ya that. I think I saw that used in seismic testing back in the 70's, they were using a liquid that had to be mixed, they were checking out the geological formations in an area where a nuclear power plant was proposed. They only used just a little per hole, I think they used a bit more on that barn. LOL Thanks for the video.

Forum List

Back