For those of you who want to rely on the cops

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

And you want to tell me and millions of other we should't be able to carry a gun

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

And you want to tell me and millions of other we should't be able to carry a gun
I always bring this up but it means nothing, apparently.
You cant look at a utopia and invoke reality at the same time...

The police seldom prevent crimes.

They only come in afterward and sometimes (depending on who you are and how much media publicity there is) catch the culprit.

It's too bad that cops don't walk a beat anymore.

If they did, maybe some horrible murders and assaults could be prevented.

If a person wants to carry a gun, s/he should be able to -- IMHO.

In Texas, I hear, university students can carry guns on campus.

If some individual tries to cause trouble, a student can legally whip out a gun and dispatch that individual to Hell.

Bravo to Texas!

I always bring this up but it means nothing, apparently.
You cant look at a utopia and invoke reality at the same time...

The anti gun people routinely ignore facts

so much for people being paid to serve and protect?
when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n1.jpg

so much for people being paid to serve and protect?
View attachment 186540

In some places it hours, days or not at all

The only reason I can think of that the supreme court made this ridiculous decision is to save the cost of multi-million dollar lawsuits that state and possibly the federal government would incur.

So now we all know just how much the government thinks your life is worth

The only reason I can think of that the supreme court made this ridiculous decision is to save the cost of multi-million dollar lawsuits that state and possibly the federal government would incur.

If you want a cop to sit outside your door to protect you good luck. This is why they don't have the ability to protect you. You only have yourself to protect yourself. Get a gun and know how to use it.

If you want a cop to sit outside your door to protect you good luck. This is why they don't have the ability to protect you. You only have yourself to protect yourself. Get a gun and know how to use it.

My point exactly

Forum List

Back