For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

-Cp said:
If Terri was a homo, black, hispanic or any other minority, the ACLU would be all over this case

They are, but they are backing Michael Schaivo, basing their involvement on his claim about her "wish" 20 years ago. I guess the fact that he's already contradicted himself on that doesn't matter.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Essentially what is going to happen is she will die of kidney failure. I've seen someone die of kidney failure, and it's anything but gentle.

Fortunately (in this way only), due to her brain damage and the effects of drugs to prevent pain in her situation, she in all likelihood will not feel any pain.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Oh please. First, don't you think Alan Colmes would throw a fit if Sean Hannity started bringing in doctors. Second, it wasn't the doctors that were even on, at least not the Hannity and Colmes I was watching, it was Terri's brother and sister talking about the doctors.

I don't know where you're reading the trial records, but these doctors are well recorded.

Being a progressive , he is reading the independent guardian , great reading for truth if Mad magazine or Star isn't avaiable . I would imagine for audio /visual news he depends on Jon Stewart of Comedy Central fame . I respectfully think he is an ass in the truest senze of the word . . . . respectfully.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Oh please. First, don't you think Alan Colmes would throw a fit if Sean Hannity started bringing in doctors. Second, it wasn't the doctors that were even on, at least not the Hannity and Colmes I was watching, it was Terri's brother and sister talking about the doctors.

I don't know where you're reading the trial records, but these doctors are well recorded.

Almost the complete trial record, including appellate proceedings, can be found at: http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Please feel free to peruse the record and name for me the 33 doctors that have examined her and disagree that she is in a PVS.

ReillyT said:
Fortunately (in this way only), due to her brain damage and the effects of drugs to prevent pain in her situation, she in all likelihood will not feel any pain.

If you want to assume that, and that makes you feel better about the whole thing, more power to you.

ReillyT said:
I won't go over the case again. I have done that enough the last couple of days. If you want my opinions (which I doubt), read the rest of the threads. Otherwise, thank you for your thoughtful and respectful posts.
I have read your posts , that is why I have to respectfully call you a pompous ass. . . .respectfully.

Jimmyeatworld said:
If you want to assume that, and that makes you feel better about the whole thing, more power to you.

That is what I have read in the newspapers and was the opinion of the doctor on the O'Reilly Factor last night. I am only relaying to you what I believe most doctors have said about this matter.

ReillyT said:
Almost the complete trial record, including appellate proceedings, can be found at: http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Please feel free to peruse the record and name for me the 33 doctors that have examined her and disagree that she is in a PVS.

First, I don't know the exact number of doctors there were, I just know there have been several. The site you give here is hardly a complete example of everything that has gone through the courts, it's more like highlights. Apparently you did miss the part saying the Schindlers did indeed have doctors that testified in court. How the other doctors were involved and exactly how their findings were presented in court, I don't know, but I don't think Terri's family or all the others have been making them up.

Jimmyeatworld said:
They are, but they are backing Michael Schaivo, basing their involvement on his claim about her "wish" 20 years ago. I guess the fact that he's already contradicted himself on that doesn't matter.

Again , it isn't about Terri Schaivo's life . The Democrats are only concerned with the fact that Republicans are trying to prevent the death of an innocent woman , she is nothing but a " retard " to be used for political gain by the" progressive "right to die dems . They would side with Charlie Manson to further their political agendas . . . . I mean that respectfully of course .

Jimmyeatworld said:
First, I don't know the exact number of doctors there were, I just know there have been several. The site you give here is hardly a complete example of everything that has gone through the courts, it's more like highlights. Apparently you did miss the part saying the Schindlers did indeed have doctors that testified in court. How the other doctors were involved and exactly how their findings were presented in court, I don't know, but I don't think Terri's family or all the others have been making them up.

What do you mean that you don't know? Didn't you just say there were 33 of them?

The site I gave you contained trial and appellate opinions dealing with the witnesses presented at trial. It is far more than just the highlights. It contains links to the major opinions in the case. I read the opinions that discuss the testimony of those doctors brought forth by the Schindlers. Have you read those opinions?

If you are unwilling to read the trial record and can't point out to me what doctors it is that you are talking about, how can I respond?

sitarro said:
Again , it isn't about Terri Schaivo's life . The Democrats are only concerned with the fact that Republicans are trying to prevent the death of an innocent woman , she is nothing but a " retard " to be used for political gain by the" progressive "right to die dems . They would side with Charlie Manson to further their political agendas . . . . I mean that respectfully of course .

I don't think this is a Republican/ Democratic issue. The polls show that most republicans disagree with the decision of Congress to get involved, and most republicans even believe that at this point, the feeding tube should be removed.

no1tovote4 said:
I don't get Morphine like she does. It seems like her passing will be peaceful and gentle.

From what I understood, she's not on morphine, or anything else for that matter...

Did I miss something?

Shattered said:
From what I understood, she's not on morphine, or anything else for that matter...

Did I miss something?

AS much as I have kept up with this case,I haven't heard anything about her having morphine either. I have heard docs talking about it ,but when her brother was asked on t.v.,I don't beleive he said she was....I could be wrong tho.

San Diego
UNION-TRIBUNE EDITORIAL
March 25, 2005

Disgraceful DeLay
Politician twists Schiavo case for own ends

Congressional Democrats probably would love to divide the GOP, undermine the conservative agenda, and turn Americans against the Republican majority. But, frankly, they don't have that kind of power. A job that big calls for the handiwork of Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas.

.... what took the prize was what DeLay said when he let his guard down at what he obviously thought was a private meeting of like-minded social conservatives. After insisting that Congress' intervention in the Schiavo case had nothing to do with politics, DeLay used the issue to rally the faithful at a meeting of the Family Research Council. DeLay went so far as to describe the anguishing plight of this 41-year-old woman as a gift from God and a boost to the cause of Christian conservatives.

How distasteful that DeLay would try to use the heart-wrenching Schiavo story to try to explain away the ethical cloud that now follows him. It's no wonder so many conservatives around the country feel so uneasy with how congressional Republicans have conducted themselves in the Schiavo case. They should.

That conduct was an affront to conservatism. What happened to the preference for a smaller and less intrusive government? What happened to the right of the individual simply to be left alone without the interference of government? And what about moral consistency? These are the same conservatives who usually espouse the virtues of federalism and leaving most matters to the state, and here they can't wait to involve the federal government. These are the same people who boast about the sanctity of the bonds of marriage when it comes to denying same-sex couples the right to enter into the union, but now they're arguing that a husband shouldn't have the right to make the decision as to whether a spouse in a vegetative state should be taken off a feeding tube.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050325/news_lz1ed25top.html

Itsthetruth said:
San Diego
UNION-TRIBUNE EDITORIAL
March 25, 2005

Disgraceful DeLay
Politician twists Schiavo case for own ends

Congressional Democrats probably would love to divide the GOP, undermine the conservative agenda, and turn Americans against the Republican majority. But, frankly, they don't have that kind of power. A job that big calls for the handiwork of Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas.

.... what took the prize was what DeLay said when he let his guard down at what he obviously thought was a private meeting of like-minded social conservatives. After insisting that Congress' intervention in the Schiavo case had nothing to do with politics, DeLay used the issue to rally the faithful at a meeting of the Family Research Council. DeLay went so far as to describe the anguishing plight of this 41-year-old woman as a gift from God and a boost to the cause of Christian conservatives.

How distasteful that DeLay would try to use the heart-wrenching Schiavo story to try to explain away the ethical cloud that now follows him. It's no wonder so many conservatives around the country feel so uneasy with how congressional Republicans have conducted themselves in the Schiavo case. They should.

That conduct was an affront to conservatism. What happened to the preference for a smaller and less intrusive government? What happened to the right of the individual simply to be left alone without the interference of government? And what about moral consistency? These are the same conservatives who usually espouse the virtues of federalism and leaving most matters to the state, and here they can't wait to involve the federal government. These are the same people who boast about the sanctity of the bonds of marriage when it comes to denying same-sex couples the right to enter into the union, but now they're arguing that a husband shouldn't have the right to make the decision as to whether a spouse in a vegetative state should be taken off a feeding tube.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050325/news_lz1ed25top.html

How much did ya leave outta this one ?? :dev3:

The federal version of florida's "Terri's Law" is, in essence a bill of attainder, which is unconstitutional. The people who introduced this bill in both the House and Senate should have realized this...The people who voted for this bill should have realized this...The POTUS should have realized this. But no, they had an agenda to pursue and the Constitution is irrelevant in light of that agenda.

Forum List

Back