For some of the Muslim members

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I'm curious why you believe Islam is correct. I was wondering if youd share alittle of how you become muslim and why.

Id prefer if this didnt turn to a muslim bashing thread. Course, I have no control over what people say after this.

this isn't already a muslim bashing thread?

Why did you have to ask... not sure?

I think the thread is a good idea. Personally, I'd love to hear a muslim rationalize to me why they think killing people in cold blood is their duty. Why burying a woman up to her waste and then stoning her to death is their way. Why fathers kill their daughters because they date a non muslim. And then I'd like to hear them tell me again about islam being a religion of peace.

I think the thread is a good idea. Personally, I'd love to hear a muslim rationalize to me why they think killing people in cold blood is their duty. Why burying a woman up to her waste and then stoning her to death is their way. Why fathers kill their daughters because they date a non muslim. And then I'd like to hear them tell me again about islam being a religion of peace.
So much for the thread not turning into a muslim bashing thread. :doubt:

This is was this thread was doomed to devolve into, and it didn't take long at all. Sorry, but discussing something like this is impossible when so many idiots will enter the discussion under the assumption that they already have all the answers.

This is was this thread was doomed to devolve into, and it didn't take long at all. Sorry, but discussing something like this is impossible when so many idiots will enter the discussion under the assumption that they already have all the answers.

I was worried that it might be. But i really wish it wasnt. I think we can all be greatly edified by it.

I'd rather ask the question

"Why do any of you believe in God and blindly follow the dogma of some arcane religious belief especially since religion is responsible for so much death and suffering?"

IMO all you religious people are extremely selfish. You are motivated by your desire for some eternal reward and will follow any religious dogma that you believe will promise you the greatest reward.

Here's another question:

Who is the man of better character; one who lives a good life out of fear of divine punishment and loss of his eternal reward or the man who lives a good life not out of fear but out of a sense of innate right and wrong with no expectation or desire for some eternal reward?

I have asked the muslims I know personally to tell me about their religion. And this was well before 9-11. Without fail, there is no answer, just huffiness. The most memorable was an Iranian that a classmate married. His response to me was, 'you ask me about my religion when you don't even understand your own.' Talk about judgmental! So, I am no longer interested in any questions or answers to promote understanding. I have found over the many years of my life that neither answers nor understanding will not be forthcoming.

Last edited:
I'm curious why you believe Islam is correct. I was wondering if youd share alittle of how you become muslim and why.

Id prefer if this didnt turn to a muslim bashing thread. Course, I have no control over what people say after this.

They seem a little prematurity petulant ?

I have asked the muslims I know personally to tell me about their religion. And this was well before 9-11. Without fail, there is no answer, just huffiness. The most memorable was an Iranian that a classmate married. His response to me was, 'you ask me about my religion when you don't even understand your own.' Talk about judgmental! So, I am no longer interested in any questions or answers to promote understanding. I have found over the many years of my life that neither answers nor understanding will not be forthcoming.

Normally, mosques have "open door"-days several times a year. Even without those days, you can everytime walk into a mosque and speak with an Imam who has an educational background regarding religion. There is no reason, why they would not answer your questions if you do show respect.
You also do not go into a church to have a discourse with a Priest over Monthy Python.

Normally, mosques have "open door"-days several times a year. Even without those days, you can everytime walk into a mosque and speak with an Imam who has an educational background regarding religion. There is no reason, why they would not answer your questions if you do show respect.
You also do not go into a church to have a discourse with a Priest over Monthy Python.

:rolleyes: I did not ask them 'Monty Python" questions. They either don't know what they believe, or they had a value judgment about me. Now, however, I am not particularly interested in their answers. I believe I pretty much learned everything I need to know about islam on 9-11.

:rolleyes: I did not ask them 'Monty Python" questions. They either don't know what they believe, or they had a value judgment about me. Now, however, I am not particularly interested in their answers. I believe I pretty much learned everything I need to know about islam on 9-11.

So why are you wasting your time posting in this thread?

I personally read them in the hope that I will read that you have earned your 72 virgins.

I personally read them in the hope that I will read that you have earned your 72 virgins.

I'm flattered that your pitiful existence centers around my wellbeing, CornDog. :)

Forum List

Back