For Once

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the christian allowances for slavery are not making it clear how I should proceed.

Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46 (Christians are aware, are they not, of the theft of Hebrew scripture used for the invention of christianity)
"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year neighborhood children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically the child is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway.

Can any good christian enlighten me on how the bibles resolve such a conflict?

Thanks
I am sorry you carry so much hate around with you.

I have read It, many time
So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the christian allowances for slavery are not making it clear how I should proceed.

Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46 (Christians are aware, are they not, of the theft of Hebrew scripture used for the invention of christianity)
"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year neighborhood children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically the child is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway.

Thanks

Maybe you should try reading that book you carry around.
I have read It, many times, and I don't carry hate around with me(except maybe for child molesters and those who just hurt children). Unlike you and Hollie and many others on here, who show your unhealthy hatred to anyone who professes to be a Christian.

Are you okay with child sacrificing? There's all sorts of people in the Bible willing to sacrifice their children.

Genocide? You know there had to be women, children, and even unborn children in the flood.

Thanks

I am sorry you can't defend your position. Maybe you can hurl a bible quote at me threatening eternal damnation.
What position do I have to defend? I am confident in my faith, it's other people's faith that uses threats and intimidation to encourage others to believe as they do. I just offer The Word.

As far as Hell goes, Carla already dove into that area, with the story from Luke 12:
42 The Lord said, “Who is the wise and trusted servant? The master trusts one servant to give the other servants their food at the right time. Who is the servant that the master trusts to do that work? 43 When the master comes and finds him doing the work he gave him, it will be a day of blessing for that servant! 44 I can tell you without a doubt, the master will choose that servant to take care of everything he owns.

45 “But what will happen if that servant is evil and thinks his master will not come back soon? He will begin to beat the other servants, men and women. He will eat and drink until he has had too much. 46 Then the master will come when the servant is not ready, at a time when the servant is not expecting him. Then the master will punish that servant and send him away to be with the other people who don’t obey.

47 “That servant knew what his master wanted him to do. But he did not make himself ready or try to do what his master wanted. So that servant will be punished very much!48 But what about the servant who does not know what his master wants? He also does things that deserve punishment. But he will get less punishment than the servant who knew what he should do. Whoever has been given much will be responsible for much. Much more will be expected from the one who has been given more.”

We are the trusted servants, at least I consider myself one, and much has been given to me, thus much will be expected of me. And I believe eternal damnation is reserved for a select few. The only one I believe for sure will be eternally damned is Lucifer.

Thanks

Thanks

I have read It, many times, and I don't carry hate around with me(except maybe for child molesters and those who just hurt children). Unlike you and Hollie and many others on here, who show your unhealthy hatred to anyone who professes to be a Christian.

Are you okay with child sacrificing? There's all sorts of people in the Bible willing to sacrifice their children.

Genocide? You know there had to be women, children, and even unborn children in the flood.
There are people in the world today who sacrifice their children, and they are in no way Christian, do these people get a pass? According to your way of thinking, Christians should give them a pass because we are not to judge, at least, that is what you think the Bible says.

Yes, men, women, children, unborn were all killed in the flood, I have no douts that the unborn and children were saved and have been in glory for thousands of year now, for they had no choice. Much like the world of today, people have choices, if you choose to drink and drive and run over someone you should be charged with murder and put away forever, but it was your choice, God did not force you to do it.

And genocide? It seems to me that Noah and his family survived that flood, thus, there was no genocide there.

And we see the same in China now. Capitalism shows up, slavery follows.

And religion or atheism has little to do with it, pro or con.

I agree with that, to an extent. Of course, Capitalism didn't exist 10,000 years ago. Slavery is a product of utilitarianism. It became practical when man became agrarian and society became stratified as a result.

So now we see the Carlas and the Hollies and the Derideos come out with a slightly more advanced game. Sort of a 2nd level game on par with Candyland. These are people I classify as Serial Religion Bashers, or SRBs. They can Google "pro-slavery Bible quotes" and paste them to a message board.

Slavery is recorded as a regulated institution in the Code of Hammurabi (1754 BC) and in Homer and in the most ancient inscriptions of the Egyptians. How shocking to find it also practiced in the earliest texts of Buddhist, Christian and Hindu scripture! I am flabbergasted.

Thanks

Thanks

There was a time when christian martyrdom meant being thrown to the lions. Ah, those were the days when Christians knew what it meant to be christian. Nowadays, christian martyrdom is defined as having to suffer the indignity of your specious opinions being challenged on a public discussion board.

For a touch of melodrama, why not write your comments while waving a bloody tee shirt and screaming "hey, look at me. I'm suffering for my religion"

I agree with that, to an extent. Of course, Capitalism didn't exist 10,000 years ago. Slavery is a product of utilitarianism. It became practical when man became agrarian and society became stratified as a result.

So now we see the Carlas and the Hollies and the Derideos come out with a slightly more advanced game. Sort of a 2nd level game on par with Candyland. These are people I classify as Serial Religion Bashers, or SRBs. They can Google "pro-slavery Bible quotes" and paste them to a message board.

Slavery is recorded as a regulated institution in the Code of Hammurabi (1754 BC) and in Homer and in the most ancient inscriptions of the Egyptians. How shocking to find it also practiced in the earliest texts of Buddhist, Christian and Hindu scripture! I am flabbergasted.
Well hell, man. I can certainly grant Christians the moral and ethical high ground when, as we know, Buddhists and Hindus made allowances for slavery, too.

Thanks

Thanks

There was a time when christian martyrdom meant being thrown to the lions. Ah, those were the days when Christians knew what it meant to be christian. Nowadays, christian martyrdom is defined as having to suffer the indignity of your specious opinions being challenged on a public discussion board.

For a touch of melodrama, why not write your comments while waving a bloody tee shirt and screaming "hey, look at me. I'm suffering for my religion"
:disagree: I, in no way, count this as suffering, I am plenty strong in my faith to go back and forth with you and yours on various topics, even when all you can do, is hurl insults and deflect.

The Christians who are suffering right now are in the hands of isis, they are suffering, and I pray them the strength to die admirable, for we all know, they will never be seen alive, in this life, again.

Thanks

Thanks

There are people in the world today who sacrifice their children, and they are in no way Christian, do these people get a pass? According to your way of thinking, Christians should give them a pass because we are not to judge, at least, that is what you think the Bible says.

Yes, men, women, children, unborn were all killed in the flood, I have no douts that the unborn and children were saved and have been in glory for thousands of year now, for they had no choice. Much like the world of today, people have choices, if you choose to drink and drive and run over someone you should be charged with murder and put away forever, but it was your choice, God did not force you to do it.

And genocide? It seems to me that Noah and his family survived that flood, thus, there was no genocide there.
So, when the gawds wiped humanity from the planet (excepting Noah and his immediate family), because they were a disappointment, we can ignore the "genocide" term?

Do we ignore the "incestuous relations" term when, as the fable goes, olny Noah and his immediate family were left to repopulate the planet?

I'm reminded of the term, "gives me the creeps".

Well hell, man. I can certainly grant Christians the moral and ethical high ground when, as we know, Buddhists and Hindus made allowances for slavery, too.
I'm still waiting for your response on Atheist Professor Converts to Christianity. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Or, do you have nothing else to say over there?

Thanks

Thanks

:disagree: I, in no way, count this as suffering, I am plenty strong in my faith to go back and forth with you and yours on various topics, even when all you can do, is hurl insults and deflect.

The Christians who are suffering right now are in the hands of isis, they are suffering, and I pray them the strength to die admirable, for we all know, they will never be seen alive, in this life, again.
The gawds work in strange and mysterious ways.

How can you, as a good christian, use the suffering of others to your advantage?

You would think a perfect Gawd would find slavery repulsive, at any date and time. Man's morals are much more loving and humane than the wishy-washy laws of the Bible.

Thanks

So, when the gawds wiped humanity from the planet (excepting Noah and his immediate family), because they were a disappointment, we can ignore the "genocide" term?

Do we ignore the "incestuous relations" term when, as the fable goes, olny Noah and his immediate family were left to repopulate the planet?

I'm reminded of the term, "gives me the creeps".
Even if you believe in evolution, we all come from one single celled ameba.

There was a time when christian martyrdom meant being thrown to the lions.

Indeed. Serial Religion Bashers (SRBs) like to say that Christianity was a human invention. If that is true, it was a highly impractical one. Early Christians were persecuted, marginalized and forced underground. Nevertheless, the teachings spread to the Greco-Roman world (not by sword or edict).

Christianity was illegal in the Empire until the Edict of Milan in 313. It was still only present in small pockets around the Med. Even though it was a minority religion in 380 AD, it became the Roman state religion. Now, SRBs will have heads full of visions of a religion being imposed on a people at this point. But, it's more accurate to say that Rome turned to Christianity as a Hail Mary pass, pardon the pun. The Empire had been rotting from the inside due to moral decay since the days of Caligula and Nero.

It was a case of too little, too late. Rome's army was defeated by the Gauls in 390. Rome was sacked by the Visgoths in 410 and by the Vandals in 455. Political order was eviscerated. Roads succumbed to erosion. Cities became towns. Towns became hovels of squalor. There was no official currency for trade. Chaos ensued. Western man was faced collectively with a question. Where do we turn to restore order? Who is standing up for civilized society?

I'm still waiting for your response on Atheist Professor Converts to Christianity. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Or, do you have nothing else to say over there?
Are you still waiting for my response?

Thanks

How can you, as a good christian, use the suffering of others to your advantage?
I was stating that those Christians are suffering, and again you deflect, you are a good liberal.

Indeed. Serial Religion Bashers (SRBs) like to say that Christianity was a human invention. If that is true, it was a highly impractical one. Early Christians were persecuted, marginalized and forced underground. Nevertheless, the teachings spread to the Greco-Roman world (not by sword or edict).

Christianity was illegal in the Empire until the Edict of Milan in 313. It was still only present in small pockets around the Med. Even though it was a minority religion in 380 AD, it became the Roman state religion. Now, SRBs will have heads full of visions of a religion being imposed on a people at this point. But, it's more accurate to say that Rome turned to Christianity as a Hail Mary pass, pardon the pun. The Empire had been rotting from the inside due to moral decay since the days of Caligula and Nero.

It was a case of too little, too late. Rome's army was defeated by the Gauls in 390. Rome was sacked by the Visgoths in 410 and by the Vandals in 455. Political order was eviscerated. Roads succumbed to erosion. Cities became towns. Towns became hovels of squalor. There was no official currency for trade. Chaos ensued. Western man was faced collectively with a question. Where do we turn to restore order? Who is standing up for civilized society?
The christian church addressed the questions: Where do we turn to restore order? Who is standing up for civilized society? with the Dark Ages, Witch Hunts, Inquisitions, suppression of science and knowledge and the maintenance of suffering and misery.

Thanks

I was stating that those Christians are suffering, and again you deflect, you are a good liberal.
And you're sitting in front of a computer keyboard doing nothing. You're a good Christian.

The christian church addressed the questions: Where do we turn to restore order? Who is standing up for civilized society? with the Dark Ages, Witch Hunts, Inquisitions, suppression of science and knowledge and the maintenance of suffering and misery.
So where do I find this question being addressed at? I would like to read the sermon. Or are you not going to answer that question also?

So where do I find this question being addressed at? I would like to read the sermon. Or are you not going to answer that question also?
So why do you dodge, sidestep and deflect when your comments are addressed?

Your application for martyrdom is denied.

Forum List

Back