Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Huggy, you see, the point here, it's not a con and the fact remains if you are as well traveled as you say you are then then you should know that the very same standards that applied in the past apply today when it comes to serving in the US Military. I suppose it's how you gather your life experiences as to how you come to appreciate those who have sacrificed for you to exercise the Freedoms you have enjoyed. I have never once claimed to be better than any other American when it comes to love of country. However, I will say that when it comes to knowing which Americans have sense of purpose, duty, courage, and a deep willingness to serve a cause greater than themselves I clearly know the difference.

Huggy, you see, the point here, it's not a con and the fact remains if you are as well traveled as you say you are then then you should know that the very same standards that applied in the past apply today when it comes to serving in the US Military. I suppose it's how you gather your life experiences as to how you come to appreciate those who have sacrificed for you to exercise the Freedoms you have enjoyed. I have never once claimed to be better than any other American when it comes to love of country. However, I will say that when it comes to knowing which Americans have sense of purpose, duty, courage, and a deep willingness to serve a cause greater than themselves I clearly know the difference.

So do I. WWII was probably the last military action that made a difference. All of the use of our countries might since then has been bullshit and a waste of that sacrifice you mentioned.

My forfathers faught in WWII. I respect that. Everything from Korea on has had no bearing on me.

I have never been afraid of the communists. Why? Because they are idiots. No one was ever going to invade us. Why because it just isn't logistically possible. AND we are armed to the teeth. No invading force Russians..Chineeez whatever would make it 100 yards up the beach. We are not the french. If it came to nukes ...the truth is that we are the only ones to use em and if push came to shove we could and would wipe out any that started anything on that scale.

I do respect true service to country...I just haven't seen any in my lifetime. Service to the powermad and the greedy is not patriotic no matter how red white and blue you paint it.

Flag waivers are pussies.

I live in the Magnolia community of Seattle. I was born here. I will probably die here.
I don't need to be reminded by some jerk off with a stick and some cloth what I have.

The only math that will work against adding 50m to the health care system and lowering its overall cost, is to subtract from what it presently provides.

So do I. WWII was probably the last military action that made a difference. All of the use of our countries might since then has been bullshit and a waste of that sacrifice you mentioned.

My forfathers faught in WWII. I respect that. Everything from Korea on has had no bearing on me.

I have never been afraid of the communists. Why? Because they are idiots. No one was ever going to invade us. Why because it just isn't logistically possible. AND we are armed to the teeth. No invading force Russians..Chineeez whatever would make it 100 yards up the beach. We are not the french. If it came to nukes ...the truth is that we are the only ones to use em and if push came to shove we could and would wipe out any that started anything on that scale.

I do respect true service to country...I just haven't seen any in my lifetime. Service to the powermad and the greedy is not patriotic no matter how red white and blue you paint it.

I live in the Magnolia community of Seattle. I was born here. I will probably die here.
I don't need to be reminded by some jerk off with a stick and some cloth what I have.

Thought we were still on the topic of health care.

Since we have moved to national defense and military honor and vigilance, I would not be so content, or is it smug, about our ability to repel an organized invader and would absolutely not be sure about our ability to thrwart real oranized terrorism within the US or an organized nuclear strike. We would survive both only after taking enormous losses.

As for any war beyond the Revolutionary War, it is not difficult at all to see that most of those, outside of actions associated with our taking all the land which we now possess, were avoidable. Reading Donald Kagan's, The Origins of War, I believe lays war's causality out and shows why we have entered armed conflicts.

Apart from our country's nascent period of military conflict, find me a good one (whatever that means). So as to avoid confusion, my family has continuously served in the military (all branches) since before the Civil War as did I.

you NEO-libs are all alike.....take your head out of Pelosi's Twat asshole...

you NEO-libs are all alike.....take your head out of Pelosi's Twat asshole...
its not there
he missed that target by a couple inches

Obama plan to pay for health reform - Yahoo! News

And the libs are gonna eat this up and believe his ignorant claims.

Obama is claiming he has found a 313 billion savings for his health care plan. of course he can not actually proof it. And even admits it is dependent on actually get drug costs down.

Ohh and I love the " you gotta spend a lot early to save a lot later" routine.

just curious, aren't you on government healthcare?

Obama is claiming he has found a 313 billion savings for his health care plan. of course he can not actually proof it. And even admits it is dependent on actually get drug costs down.

OOPS! Busted! That single payer workin for ya sarge?

Are you trying to compare something earned or something given?

Are you trying to compare something earned or something given?

Lots of people "earned" retirement benefits that have been renigged upon. WEhat make military so special. Cutting costs is cutting costs. Maybe it was a stupid choice to trust that bush wouldn't wreck our economy.

moron....do you know what a contract is? do you know the difference between giving something out for doing nothing vs giving something in return for something or in this case service?

nah, you're too stupid

moron....do you know what a contract is? do you know the difference between giving something out for doing nothing vs giving something in return for something or in this case service?

nah, you're too stupid

Lefties will throw anyone under the bus for a buck. See medicare if any doubt exists

They seem quite content with this senario

Obama's Health Care Speech... | Freedom Democrats

Huggy, let me expain what service to country is then. First it's not some person that rides around in a Pickup wti ha bumper sticker that says "kill the commie bastards" or waves the flag in everyone's face. However, I wont question that persons love of country any more than I would question yours. I will give you an example I'm very familier with though. Thats each day in this nation a family somewhere, a son,daughter, mother,father, etc, spends another night away from their loved one because the person they love are service a cause greater than themselves and those they love. Each time the sailor goes on a flightdeck and risk their lives they are not doing it for some flag waving glory, they are doing because they have a deep sense of purpose. The Aviator that straps his or her ass in an aricraft and lets a steam CAT. shoot them off a rolling pitching carrier deck or perhaps the same Aviator bringing that Aircraft in in the pitch dark of night in rolling sea's all while you sleep soundly. They do this not to wave the flag in your face, and not for glory, they do it because they are ALL serving a cause greater than themselves, even if that cause is their fellow sailors, marines. soldiers, etc. It's still noble and worthy and deserve honor and respect. The bottom line Huggy these people daily put their asses on the line because they love their country,those that serve with them, and their families, and for many other reason, and it all adds up to one thing serving a cause greater than themselves. This is no different than the Cold War, Peacetime, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, WW1 and all the wars that men and women have done the very same thing over and over and continue to do to this day.

Huggy, let me expain what service to country is then. First it's not some person that rides around in a Pickup wti ha bumper sticker that says "kill the commie bastards" or waves the flag in everyone's face. However, I wont question that persons love of country any more than I would question yours. I will give you an example I'm very familier with though. Thats each day in this nation a family somewhere, a son,daughter, mother,father, etc, spends another night away from their loved one because the person they love are service a cause greater than themselves and those they love. Each time the sailor goes on a flightdeck and risk their lives they are not doing it for some flag waving glory, they are doing because they have a deep sense of purpose. The Aviator that straps his or her ass in an aricraft and lets a steam CAT. shoot them off a rolling pitching carrier deck or perhaps the same Aviator bringing that Aircraft in in the pitch dark of night in rolling sea's all while you sleep soundly. They do this not to wave the flag in your face, and not for glory, they do it because they are ALL serving a cause greater than themselves, even if that cause is their fellow sailors, marines. soldiers, etc. It's still noble and worthy and deserve honor and respect. The bottom line Huggy these people daily put their asses on the line because they love their country,those that serve with them, and their families, and for many other reason, and it all adds up to one thing serving a cause greater than themselves. This is no different than the Cold War, Peacetime, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, WW1 and all the wars that men and women have done the very same thing over and over and continue to do to this day.

Woah there pilgrim..... I got all that. I'm playin a two or three thread exacta...trifecta.. on health care. I'm goin after the military on the principle of single payer. Some of the biggest complainers about trying single payer for everyone already enjoy it for themselves.

Only about one out of ten in the military really "fight" . So they can stow all that hero crap.

Or lets just give bennies to those that actually personaly engaged in combat. All those clerks and werhousers can fend for themselves.

Most of em went in because they needed discipline or chose it as the sure employment gig with the possibility of training.

A few also joined being duped into the "war on terror".

Still they deserve respect. Thats no free pass though. If they don't want the single payer for everybody ..then lets have it for nobody. We can hang together or hang seperately.

Woah there pilgrim..... I got all that. I'm playin a two or three thread exacta...trifecta.. on health care. I'm goin after the military on the principle of single payer. Some of the biggest complainers about trying single payer for everyone already enjoy it for themselves.

Only about one out of ten in the military really "fight" . So they can stow all that hero crap.

Or lets just give bennies to those that actually personaly engaged in combat. All those clerks and werhousers can fend for themselves.

Most of em went in because they needed discipline or chose it as the sure employment gig with the possibility of training.

Still they deserve respect. Thats no free pass though. If they don't want the single payer for everybody ..then lets have it for nobody. We can hang together or hang seperately.

Go take your pills, you fucking invalid.

Go take your pills, you fucking invalid.

Why I gotta be the invalid?

Hey you two can nose dive under that skirt...for all I know she's a she/male sportin a penis or something. All I said was she had a nice set o titties.

Forum List

Back