Food Trucks

It's very common around here to have brew pubs (This is Oregon -- there are tons) have several food carts stationed around them. The beer pubs do what they do best and don't have to bother doing food, and the food trucks get a steady stream of drunk people who will eat anything.

Not here. I think the one parked up the street is the worst Mexican food truck in the entire universe. However, I do know there are better food trucks in the world.
The central CA town that I retired from had 8 or ten of them that set up downtown for the after-hours bar crowd. One or two of them were VERY good, the majority, not so much, IMHO. However they all were busy, most of the time.

Orlando food trucks for the most part are not that good.But the best ribs with the fixins I have had came from a food truck in orlando not sure if still operates.

Not here. I think the one parked up the street is the worst Mexican food truck in the entire universe. However, I do know there are better food trucks in the world.

Food trucks can be hit or miss depending on lots of things, especially price and cuisine. We have a spectrum of them. The one I know of that uses the decreased cost to keep prices lower does a booming business. I know of one I call the everything is $18.00 food truck associated with a brick and morter restaurant that does very little business as they require you to buy their set of combos that all total the same $18.00 each. There are some restaurants that use them just for special events (like festivals and competitions). Know of one company that runs 3 just to roach coach the local factories during their lunch hours and occassionally camp out at Sam's Club or Walmart parking lots. People don't love their food, but they tolerate it because it is more convenient than bringing lunch from home. There is a Jamaican one that does no business that sets up on weekends. They are trying to lure people into coming to the restaurant that also does no business. That is just not a popular cuisine around here.

It seems like they are already all over my city. One is actually in a red colored school bus named Puerto Rican Smoke.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Have I ever been to any of them? No.

When I lived in Portland, Oregon I happened upon a pretty popular spot called "Cartlandia". There were probably 30 food trucks within the park, and I have to say I never had anything from any of them which wasn't absolutely, insanely good. I used to stop there for dinner on my way home from work...

Cartlandia

Food Trucks used to be called Roach Coaches
Day old sandwiches, rubber Hot Dogs, Cold Grill Cheese Sandwiches.

Now, they have gourmet food and long lines
They were also called “garbage trucks” for obvious reasons, back in the 70s.

It's very common around here to have brew pubs (This is Oregon -- there are tons) have several food carts stationed around them. The beer pubs do what they do best and don't have to bother doing food, and the food trucks get a steady stream of drunk people who will eat anything.
Same here... and the quality of the food is the same as the quality differences between restaurants

Forum List

Back