Food Stamp Use Surges to An All-Time High of 45.8 Million

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
“The total number of U.S. food stamp recipients” recently rose “to an all-time high of 45.8 million people." As the Chicago Tribune noted, that’s “nearly 15 percent of the U.S. population.” “The average food stamp benefit was $133.80 per person” — which is more than I spent on food as a bachelor — “and $283.65 per household” — which is more than my family typically spends on food in a month.

Loopholes in the law have enabled even millionaires to collect food stamps. Food stamp fraud has also exploded. As states try to implement antifraud measures, “The Obama administration is responding by cracking down on state governments’ antifraud measures,”noted James Bovard in the Wall Street Journal. Food stamp amounts are generous enough to make fraud worthwhile for even some non-poor people.

READ MORE Food Stamp Use Surges to An All-Time High of 45.8 Million Recipients; More Fraud - Washington DC SCOTUS | Examiner.com

It used to be people were ASHAMED to have to use food stamps, today they laugh at how they can get over the system and take advantage of the Americans taxpayers.

sad

RW will be right in here to change the economy from "Obama recovery mode" to "Tea Party holds the country hostage and forced people on food stamps!" Mode! It's been about 2 weeks so RW is due to flip flop on if the economy is getting better or worse, but the blame is always the same lol!

“The total number of U.S. food stamp recipients” recently rose “to an all-time high of 45.8 million people." As the Chicago Tribune noted, that’s “nearly 15 percent of the U.S. population.” “The average food stamp benefit was $133.80 per person” — which is more than I spent on food as a bachelor — “and $283.65 per household” — which is more than my family typically spends on food in a month.

Loopholes in the law have enabled even millionaires to collect food stamps. Food stamp fraud has also exploded. As states try to implement antifraud measures, “The Obama administration is responding by cracking down on state governments’ antifraud measures,”noted James Bovard in the Wall Street Journal. Food stamp amounts are generous enough to make fraud worthwhile for even some non-poor people.

READ MORE Food Stamp Use Surges to An All-Time High of 45.8 Million Recipients; More Fraud - Washington DC SCOTUS | Examiner.com
Well hell's bells! Why isn't the economy booming? I mean each dollar in food stamps causes an 87% profit after all to listen to the leftwing kooks!

And they're always right. :razz:

Sad isn't it?

45.8 million Americans whose incomes are not 130% of the official poverty rate.

I was on the SNAP program a couple years ago for about a year until my income came back on line.

That safety net came in mighty handy that year, let me tell you.

Without that, and heating assistence I'd have had to sell my home and then probably become a total ward of the state.

It was an embarrassment at first to use the card, but as so many of my neighbors find themselves ALSO for the first time needing help, I got used to it.

Never thought I'd be needing that kind of help, of course, but I am damned glad it was there when I needed it.

Sad isn't it?

45.8 million Americans whose incomes are not 130% of the official poverty rate.

I was on the SNAP program a couple years ago for about a year until my income came back on line.

That safety net came in mighty handy that year, let me tell you.

Without that, and heating assistence I'd have had to sell my home and then probably become a total ward of the state.

It was an embarrassment at first to use the card, but as so many of my neighbors find themselves ALSO for the first time needing help, I got used to it.

Never thought I'd be needing that kind of help, of course, but I am damned glad it was there when I needed it.

Nothing wrong with a SHORT TERM safety net... run by private charity, supported by donations, not taxes. That's the way it SHOULD be.

You know, That would be one deduction I'd consider having if we put in a flat tax, and that's charitable deductions to these types of programs. Then people would be doing their duty to help their fellow man in the way they see fit, and we don't then have to suffer under onerous taxation to support causes we find immoral or just plain don't support.

Private charity is not sufficient, because too many Americans have done well by the system but do not want to support the social compact. Fuck em. They will support the compact. Nuff said.

Private charity is not sufficient, because too many Americans have done well by the system but do not want to support the social compact. Fuck em. They will support the compact. Nuff said.

Conservatives donate more to charity than liberals, but thanks for the marxist inspired words, comrade......

Most of us either have been, or will be on some sort of government program

might be unemployment, food stamps, or SS , medicare, medicade, pensions ,etc

now i know you self made libertopians out there eshew this

so here's my Q to you

given the CHOICE, would you rather see your tax $$$$'s spent on these programs for AMERICANS, or would you rather be spending it on foriegn nationals?

~S~

I was behind this white-trash woman in the Food Lion the other night - tattoo's all over her - four mixed-raced obnoxious children running and screaming all over the place - extremely misbehaved - she's buying steak, shrimp, top of the line stuff - signs her "govmint" check while on the cell phone, steps into her SUV with the heathen children and her 20 bags of chow - paid for by me (and you, the taxpayer). BTW - she had an Obama/Biden sticker on the SUV.

so here's my Q to you

given the CHOICE, would you rather see your tax $$$$'s spent on these programs for AMERICANS, or would you rather be spending it on foriegn nationals?

~S~
False choice. You assume there are only 2 options.

so here's my Q to you

~S~

Give it to Americans who are making a legit effort to get out of the hole.

Not 10 generations of drug addicts and inner-city thugs who are living off the system and have no desire to even look for work

I was behind this white-trash woman in the Food Lion the other night - tattoo's all over her - four mixed-raced obnoxious children running and screaming all over the place - extremely misbehaved - she's buying steak, shrimp, top of the line stuff - signs her "govmint" check while on the cell phone, steps into her SUV with the heathen children and her 20 bags of chow - paid for by me (and you, the taxpayer). BTW - she had an Obama/Biden sticker on the SUV.
Talk about the poster family for orphanages and forced removal. I've seen em too often as well.

so here's my Q to you

~S~

Give it to Americans who are making a legit effort to get out of the hole.

Not 10 generations of drug addicts and inner-city thugs who are living off the system and have no desire to even look for work
Dude, I repped you for the wrong post! LOL... there's the dagger.

Talk about the poster family for orphanages and forced removal. I've seen em too often as well.

Poster child for birth control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

And here I was under the impression from nancy that food stamps were good for the economy and the more people on them the better the country will be.

Ive done my fair share of being the person behind people like these in line. Pisses me off to no end.

Ive done my fair share of being the person behind people like these in line. Pisses me off to no end.

Totally.
Thanks for the Rep dear. I am out - but will get ya later !

Conservatives donate more to charity than liberals, but thanks for the marxist inspired words, comrade......

Silly goof: :lol: "marxist inspired"? Silly goof. :lol:

All Americans benefit from good government, and sometimes we get to help others, which helps ourselves as well. You will get your chance to help when you grow up and go to work, driveby.

Forum List

Back