CDZ Food Shortages

LindaVance826

Jan 6, 2015
A member of USMB posted his opinion about coming food shortages earlier today. I want to respond here because people are civil on CDZ. I don't remember where his post is, but those who responded were incredibly hateful, with nothing pertinent to say.
Food shortages aren't coming - they are here. Anyone who thinks they are not, is deluded. Perhaps the food is available, but those who have no way of buying or growing it, are going hungry. This isn't news to those who do not have enough to eat.
It is obscene for children to starve. There is enough food on this planet to feed everyone all they want. The problem is getting to it. We send protein powder to a third world country by the airplane load, and the local war lords keep it because they want those who are starving to die.
Then there are government controls. I can only speak about my personal experience here. I don't know how the governments of other countries control the food. I was allowed food stamps while my disability case was in limbo. I received $13.00 a month. The allotment can be carried over from one month to the next. I would wait, if I could, until I had 3 months worth, and then I would purchase meat.
We have a food bank here. I do not go there even though I am qualified now, just for the food bank, not food stamps. I live alone, and received way too much food from the food bank because they think of families. You leave there with a grocery cart full of food. It will never be the same thing twice. They share what is contributed. If they got a load of apples, you get a 10# bag. There might be milk, sometimes meat - hot dogs, maybe frozen chicken. It will not generally be brand name items, and sometimes the expiration date was 2 days before you brought it home. People come on a first come first served basis.
There are shelters and soup kitchens around town, mostly run by the churches. Restaurants are good about donating excess foods to theses places.
Those businesses who depend on donations of money or food to help out the poor are going to close down as those with money no longer have enough for charity. Those who have part-time work and have a family will need to learn about the food bank. Government generates problems where there aren't any. Poor people have as much right to eat as wealthy people.

The famine that is coming is predicted in the bible. The world shall know hunger - even America - and those who belong to the LORD shall know the power and provision of God. It's coming. Trust in Jesus and ask Him to be your provider in the days ahead.

I will read up on "land grab." I've never heard the term. If the land is bought, then the wars between tribes is yet another obstacle?
I believe there is a famine coming as I believe in Jesus. I think we will not see the rapture, but I can't help but think it is getting closer. Jesus is patient.

I will read up on "land grab." I've never heard the term. If the land is bought, then the wars between tribes is yet another obstacle?
I believe there is a famine coming as I believe in Jesus. I think we will not see the rapture, but I can't help but think it is getting closer. Jesus is patient.

The most notorious are the African Land Grab: The Anuaks in Gambela
Crisis GambelaToday.com

Anywaa Survival

Land grabbing fuelling violent conflict in Gambela region - NEWS

http://www.future-agricultures.org/...g-in-africa-and-the-new-politics-of-food/file

I don't think Jesus has anything to do with this.

10453096_388467291278312_3600958170634870356_o.jpg

The key to controlling people is control over the necessities. Education, medical -- food is surely next.

Comment to "TheOldSchool". Wouldn't that make life interesting to have America listed in the Bible? Over the years I have read where Bible scholars have figured out different parts of the world that are hidden in the Book of Revelations. Russia and China are considered the enemies who will overcome the free countries. Speculation of course.

Beer is food. Stock up on beer. You will live forever!
:beer:
I know of a man who has stockpiled whiskey, scotch, and cigars to use for barter when our banks fail and the world as we know it changes for the worst. Food, clothing, and shelter are what is needed to live, but the "vices" will always be available. Someone will see to that.

Beer is food. Stock up on beer. You will live forever!
:beer:
I know of a man who has stockpiled whiskey, scotch, and cigars to use for barter when our banks fail and the world as we know it changes for the worst. Food, clothing, and shelter are what is needed to live, but the "vices" will always be available. Someone will see to that.
There was a time when salt was as good as money. I can understand alcohol and good cigars being valued enough to trade. I would still value beer ahead of whiskey. Beer is food....can be given to children if need be. Whiskey won't work for them.

Last edited:
The famine that is coming is predicted in the bible. The world shall know hunger - even America - and those who belong to the LORD shall know the power and provision of God. It's coming. Trust in Jesus and ask Him to be your provider in the days ahead.
SURPRISE: America has already know hunger, and known it well. Prior to Roosevelt's social programs of the 1930's, large masses of displaced farmers from the Midwest (mainly Okies) fled to California with the promise of jobs. They numbered in the hundreds of thousands, though, so the land owners in California took advantage by hiring a small fraction of them at wages that were insufficient to even buy food; these migrant Okies lived in tents, shacks, and on the ground. The workers could not organize labor unions because of local strong-arm tactics of law enforcement, land owners, and bankers.

Only federal labor laws and relief efforts saved lives--not ALL of the lives (many, many died of starvation), but some of them.

This is why it is a misnomer to assume that California is left of center. It may be liberal, but the politics and beliefs of the California power structure is right wing. That's why Reagan was elected governor there.

A member of USMB posted his opinion about coming food shortages earlier today. I want to respond here because people are civil on CDZ. I don't remember where his post is, but those who responded were incredibly hateful, with nothing pertinent to say.
Food shortages aren't coming - they are here. Anyone who thinks they are not, is deluded. Perhaps the food is available, but those who have no way of buying or growing it, are going hungry. This isn't news to those who do not have enough to eat.
It is obscene for children to starve. There is enough food on this planet to feed everyone all they want. The problem is getting to it. We send protein powder to a third world country by the airplane load, and the local war lords keep it because they want those who are starving to die.
Then there are government controls. I can only speak about my personal experience here. I don't know how the governments of other countries control the food. I was allowed food stamps while my disability case was in limbo. I received $13.00 a month. The allotment can be carried over from one month to the next. I would wait, if I could, until I had 3 months worth, and then I would purchase meat.
We have a food bank here. I do not go there even though I am qualified now, just for the food bank, not food stamps. I live alone, and received way too much food from the food bank because they think of families. You leave there with a grocery cart full of food. It will never be the same thing twice. They share what is contributed. If they got a load of apples, you get a 10# bag. There might be milk, sometimes meat - hot dogs, maybe frozen chicken. It will not generally be brand name items, and sometimes the expiration date was 2 days before you brought it home. People come on a first come first served basis.
There are shelters and soup kitchens around town, mostly run by the churches. Restaurants are good about donating excess foods to theses places.
Those businesses who depend on donations of money or food to help out the poor are going to close down as those with money no longer have enough for charity. Those who have part-time work and have a family will need to learn about the food bank. Government generates problems where there aren't any. Poor people have as much right to eat as wealthy people.

No one's going hungry in the US. Can get emergency food stamps day you apply (was homeless once upon a time.) If you still don't have enough it's only because you don't know how to budget your finite resource. Plus we throw so much away that if you're looking starvation in the face there's always dumper diving to say nothing of various places which will give you food to keep you alive. Any claims therefore of starvation in the US are overstated nonsense. Poorest American is still orders of megnitude better off than some places in the world where people really are dying of starvation.

Comment to "TheOldSchool". Wouldn't that make life interesting to have America listed in the Bible? Over the years I have read where Bible scholars have figured out different parts of the world that are hidden in the Book of Revelations. Russia and China are considered the enemies who will overcome the free countries. Speculation of course.
I think you and I have very different opinions of what classifies something as "interesting."

Forum List

Back