food refrigeration ?

sam111

Jan 26, 2012
I am wondering what types of foods I shouldn't refrigerate and ones I should?

I am also curious what ones last longer refrigerated or not refrigerated?

I know tomatoes are one exception to the rule but other then them do all things last longer refrigerated .

Just curious if anybody knows for sure.... I have googled alot but I cann't seem to find a site that gives the whole story.

I am wondering what types of foods I shouldn't refrigerate and ones I should?

I am also curious what ones last longer refrigerated or not refrigerated?

I know tomatoes are one exception to the rule but other then them do all things last longer refrigerated .

Just curious if anybody knows for sure.... I have googled alot but I cann't seem to find a site that gives the whole story.
We refrigerate virtually everything in the Summer here in Perth,WA.......most of all OUR BEER AND WINE:lol::lol:steve

I see , but I was kind of wondering what foods last longer in or out of the refrigerator ?

Because I have noticed tomatoes last much longer out.
And I was wondering if their is any other types of food that would be prolonged/last longer if I didn't refrigerate them.

I am pretty sure you are not a total fool and know what needs refrigeration.When in doubt read the labels....it will say if it needs refrigeration or not.

Well , I am an idiot lol.

Problem is the label only tells you if you should refrigerate a jar after open or other stuff.
Their is no label on fruits and vegetables telling you if they would last longer outside or inside the refrigerator?

Or how many days they will last....etc
Basically looking for a standard or list that tells you what should be refrigerated what shouldn't... and how long something will last on average...etc

This is very important for me since I think I tend to throw out still good food because I am OCD :) about my health.

Provided I don't freeze it first and I just but it in the refrigerator
fish I after cooked I give it 2/3 days at max (mostly 2 some rare case 3)
chicken (5 to 7 , 7 is pushing it usually only 5 )
red meat ( same as fish )
Fruits / vegetables ( usually eye them and throw them out way to soon probably)

Last edited:
"Bananas like the climate of a very very tropical equator so you should never put bananas...in the refrigerator". ....Chiquita Banana

Forum List

Back