Food Pantry Snobs.

Planters just put out peanut butter and it's very good. No, not organic but very good peanut flavor.

Did you ever try Smucker's natural peanut butter with honey? Oh yum.

The dirty little secret is that the generic peanut butter and foods with other generic labels are often manufactured by companies with trendy names that libs love. What do you think you get with the bulk stuff sold in Costco under the Kirkland label? You get quality food at a decent price. You almost gotta laugh that libs want trendy labels on food pantry stuff so they can feel warm and fuzzy about poverty.

Is peanut butter truly a partisan issue? Really, has it come to this?

I am afraid it has, yes. :D

Organic is bullshit.

I don't believe that it is more healthy than non-organic, especially for the price. Who gives a fuck if there are emulsifiers or guar gum in your non-organic Skippy compared to the organic stuff...it's not going to hurt you.

If someone want's to donate organic, that's fine. But if the food pantry is telling you what they do and do not want you to donate, then they should be firebombed.

BEGGARS CANNOT BE CHOOSERS.

The dirty little secret is that the generic peanut butter and foods with other generic labels are often manufactured by companies with trendy names that libs love. What do you think you get with the bulk stuff sold in Costco under the Kirkland label? You get quality food at a decent price. You almost gotta laugh that libs want trendy labels on food pantry stuff so they can feel warm and fuzzy about poverty.

Last week on The Office, the ditzy secretary (Erin), was asked what she would like to drink at a holiday party. She said "Cola...Kirkland if you have it."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so only the rich should have organic healthy foods? is that what you are implying?

myself....i think the basic food groups should be free.....milk, beans, rice, corn.....you can live all that forever....if you want more ...then you work for it

Milk rice beans and corn?

My god that is the worst diet one could eat.

so only the rich should have organic healthy foods? is that what you are implying?

myself....i think the basic food groups should be free.....milk, beans, rice, corn.....you can live all that forever....if you want more ...then you work for it

That diet would be rather flatulant.

Organic is bullshit.

I don't believe that it is more healthy than non-organic, especially for the price. Who gives a fuck if there are emulsifiers or guar gum in your non-organic Skippy compared to the organic stuff...it's not going to hurt you.

If someone want's to donate organic, that's fine. But if the food pantry is telling you what they do and do not want you to donate, then they should be firebombed.

I think the whole thing is also a shill to get the donations out. All part and parcel of the "season of giving" But as far as i am concerned its a backfire. I wont be giving cash to them anymore knowing they are wasting it.

What they are saying is that they usually purchase organic peanut butter, and becasue of the lack of money....oh woe is them ...they are reduced to purchasing Skippy. As far as i am concerned they should be purchasing what they can to go as far as they can make it go. Not providing sheshe snob bags of high end high priced food stuffs.

Ever see how peanut butter comes in a military MRE?

Organic is bullshit.

I think the whole thing is also a shill to get the donations out. All part and parcel of the "season of giving" But as far as i am concerned its a backfire. I wont be giving cash to them anymore knowing they are wasting it.

What they are saying is that they usually purchase organic peanut butter, and becasue of the lack of money....oh woe is them ...they are reduced to purchasing Skippy. As far as i am concerned they should be purchasing what they can to go as far as they can make it go. Not providing sheshe snob bags of high end high priced food stuffs.

Ever see how peanut butter comes in a military MRE?
since the vast majority of food donation services get their money from donations from conservative Christians [churches] the left should keep their opinions to themselves on the matter food banks !!...and thats the damn truth !!

I don't believe that it is more healthy than non-organic

It is healthier. No pesiticides or petroleum based fertilizers are used. Living soil = superior nutrition and taste and industrial monoculture is grown on dead soil with chemicals. It has been proven in study after study that organics have vastly more nutrients than non-organic. Maybe we should take control of our food subsidies from Monsanto and Cargill and have the US government subsidize sustainably grown crops instead of corn and soybeans.

Who gives a fuck if there are emulsifiers or guar gum in your non-organic Skippy compared to the organic stuff...it's not going to hurt you.

I do. How do you know it won't hurt you? Lots of things in processed food are known carcinogens, and the sugar lobby paid for the ridiculously high "daily allowance" of sugar that should be in the human diet per food labels. Look around you at the obesity and all of the diseases like diabetes and heart disease. ALL caused by the western diet and preyed upon by the healthcare/insurance/pharmaceutical industries. Wake up, typical ignorant American.

Beggars also shouldn't have to eat fake, processed non-food to survive. No one should.

Last edited:
I don't believe that it is more healthy than non-organic

It is healthier. No pesiticides or petroleum based fertilizers are used. Living soil = superior nutrition and taste and industrial monoculture is grown on dead soil with chemicals. It has been proven in study after study that organics have vastly more nutrients than non-organic. Maybe we should take control of our food subsidies from Monsanto and Cargill and have the US government subsidize sustainably grown crops instead of corn and soybeans.

Who gives a fuck if there are emulsifiers or guar gum in your non-organic Skippy compared to the organic stuff...it's not going to hurt you.

I do. How do you know it won't hurt you? Lots of things in processed food are known carcinogens, and the sugar lobby paid for the ridiculously high "daily allowance" of sugar that should be in the human diet per food labels. Look around you at the obesity and all of the diseases like diabetes and heart disease. ALL caused by the western diet and preyed upon by the healthcare/insurance/pharmaceutical industries. Wake up, typical ignorant American.

Beggars also shouldn't have to eat fake, processed non-food to survive. No one should.
It cracks me up whenever folks talk about the differences between 'organic' fertilizers and chemical fertilizers.

But, the term "petroleum-based fertilizers" makes me laugh even harder.

:lol:

Not if one knows how to cook and is trying to avoid starvation. I'd throw potatoes into the list, because of the nutrients. Eggs too for that matter. Not that I'm agreeing with the 'free' part, but if one is trying to survive and uses those basics as the backbone of a diet? Yes.

It cracks me up whenever folks talk about the differences between 'organic' fertilizers and chemical fertilizers.

But, the term "petroleum-based fertilizers" makes me laugh even harder.

:lol:

Well, let's face it. "Organic fertilizers" are just as problematic anyhow. Look at the "dead zone" in the Gulf of Mexico. Incapable of supporting life due to the runoff from "organic fertilizers".

Lao-Tsu was right. The more humans try to force something the more likely it is that we will fuck everything else up in the process. :lol:

Not if one knows how to cook and is trying to avoid starvation. I'd throw potatoes into the list, because of the nutrients. Eggs too for that matter. Not that I'm agreeing with the 'free' part, but if one is trying to survive and uses those basics as the backbone of a diet? Yes.

Is organic sheshe high end expensive peanut butter on the list of subsistence items? You don't need organic anything to survive.

If you can get more food for the buck to give out over "organic" anything.....i am all for feeding the masses, not feeding vanity, snobbery or pride.

I want to put something Syrenn said earlier into perspective for those that missed it.

See these guys:

restrepo_banner.jpg

This is where they live:

Restrepo_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

This is what they eat:

goodpumpkin.JPG

If it's good enough for these guys:

restrepo_banner.jpg

Shouldn't it be good enough for this guy? :

Homeless%20man%20with%20dogs.jpg

This is MRE (meal ready to eat) peanut butter. How about a few dozen of these in food pantry bags? No, it wouldn't fly as it would be considered...demeaning.

PeanutButterFr.jpg

You can have all the anything you want, as long as you earn the money to pay for it. There's an old saying about beggars not being choosy. If you have to beg for food, you take what you get and you should be thankful that someone felt compelled to give it to you. Otherwise, get off your ass...

I want to put something Syrenn said earlier into perspective for those that missed it.

See these guys:

restrepo_banner.jpg

This is where they live:

Restrepo_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

This is what they eat:

goodpumpkin.JPG

If it's good enough for these guys:

restrepo_banner.jpg

Shouldn't it be good enough for this guy? :

Homeless%20man%20with%20dogs.jpg

the dogs look like females to me....oh wait, you meant...

Forum List

Back