Food for though: What is democracy? What is freedom?

Originally posted by Man of 1951
Anyways, i still don't find how me being Canadian affects my arguement

Most foreign members openly proclaim where they are from a few have tried to not mention where they are from such as yourself.
Why are you ashamed of being Canadian?

No Jim, i do understand technology, what i don't understand is how we both have the same IP address. I don't care what you say, but the truth stands that what you say is an allegation, but you do not have the truth, the truth is that I have no clue who vxyen is, and i dont bullshit when it comes to something like that.

The problem is that you never did debate me. As i go through the forums i see that many ppl have been banned, and after reading their posts i find them to be liberals. Funny, so much for a forum being a place to voice your opinion.

You are here to bash the USA and get a rise out of the members here.
my purpose in this forum is not to bash the US as you may think, but it is to voice my opinion and see what others have to say about it. If you have nothing to say about my posts, other than assuming the purpose of my posts, please try not to fowl up the discussion.

WILL SOMEONE REPLY MY POSTS??

I'm not ashamed of being who i am. The problem is is that there are ppl out there who will use where ppl are from and what they look like (cough vxyen cough) to try to make the person unreliable in some way or another. If you must know I am Canadian. I moved to Canada when i was a year and a half old. The country of my origin is Iran. My parents are Iranian, and my father is half Turkish. I am proud of my Persian heritage and am proud to call myself Canadian. I have no shame of where i come from or who i am. Now if someone uses that against my arguement my point will be proved.

No Jim, i do understand technology, what i don't understand is how we both have the same IP address. I don't care what you say, but the truth stands that what you say is an allegation, but you do not have the truth, the truth is that I have no clue who vxyen is, and i dont bullshit when it comes to something like that.

It's not an allegation. When I say you both registered using the same IP address, that is a fact. When I say you both posted at least 50 times with that very same IP address, sometimes minutes apart from one another, that is a fact. Look, I could really care less if you want to deny it. I'll move on now. The moderators and admins here all see the logs from the board and I don't need anymore than that.

The problem is that you never did debate me. As i go through the forums i see that many ppl have been banned, and after reading their posts i find them to be liberals. Funny, so much for a forum being a place to voice your opinion.

Yes, I did debate you, and you were soundly defeated. That's probably why you took a hiatus from the board for so long.

Are you inferring that members have been banned solely for being liberals? NOT ONE member has ever been banned for such a reason. In fact, NOT ONE member has ever been banned that didn't deserve it. So stop talking shit out your mouth and backup what you say. Link us to a thread where a member was banned solely for being a liberal. Your sorry ass is still here, that's proof enough.

my purpose in this forum is not to bash the US as you may think, but it is to voice my opinion and see what others have to say about it. If you have nothing to say about my posts, other than assuming the purpose of my posts, please try not to fowl up the discussion.

WILL SOMEONE REPLY MY POSTS??

I'll post what I like when I like, you really don't have a say in the matter nor do you have the right to request that I don't post in "your" discussion. Try engaging in more than Anti-USA rants and you may find quite a few members willing to discuss politics with you.

The problem is is that there are ppl out there who will use where ppl are from and what they look like (cough vxyen cough) to try to make the person unreliable in some way or another.

Nobody said you 2 were unreliable. It's been stated that you are trolls. She went completely overboard and was banned. I banned her IP address as well as she continually re-registered. When I did so, you were banned as well since you had the identical IP address. You emailed me your denials AS DID SHE minutes later. Coincidentally, both emails came from the same IP address using the same email program and both took identical routes to get to my provider.

Her being a fat slob had nothind to do with her reliability, it was just funny! LOL

It's not an allegation. When I say you both registered using the same IP address, that is a fact. When I say you both posted at least 50 times with that very same IP address, sometimes minutes apart from one another, that is a fact. Look, I could really care less if you want to deny it. I'll move on now. The moderators and admins here all see the logs from the board and I don't need anymore than that.
Then theres nothing i can say, because I DO NOT KNOW WHO VXYEN IS, what more can i do to prove that??

Yes, I did debate you, and you were soundly defeated. That's probably why you took a hiatus from the board for so long.
wow I've never heard more of an overstatement. In the end you asked for links to websites to prove my points, i posted the links. Then you said my posts were all links with no opinions and thus useless. You really got issues Jim, you didn't address the issues then, and you aren't now either.

No ppl haven't been banned solely for being liberals, but silverwolf for example didn't seem like he deserved to be banned, but whatever.

I'll post what I like when I like, you really don't have a say in the matter nor do you have the right to request that I don't post in "your" discussion. Try engaging in more than Anti-USA rants and you may find quite a few members willing to discuss politics with you.

OK listen they're not Anti-USA rants, if you actually read what i type, please just respond to the arguements, i'll stop with the useless attacks and i hope you will to, but just respond to the arguements that i posted.

I was waiting to see what Jim would have to say to this. Should be interesting....:D

Originally posted by MrMarbles
For me, and some people i know, it's americas aggresive foreign policy. From the US view, they say they are spreading democracy and freedom, for everyone else in the world, it seems to be all about money.

Thats how I see it, and i'm sure someone is going to call me something bad for saying it.

Aggressive Foriegn Policy?!?!??! What the freak planet are you living on? We are one of the few nations that give rogue nations time to capitulate through diplomacy without using force. we gave Iraq 12 years to comply and they didnt. What on earth is a passive Foriegn policy for you?? Giving up?

No, your IPs are still identical.
well theres nothing else i could do, i still don't know who the hell vxyen is

Aggressive Foriegn Policy?!?!??! What the freak planet are you living on? We are one of the few nations that give rogue nations time to capitulate through diplomacy without using force. we gave Iraq 12 years to comply and they didnt. What on earth is a passive Foriegn policy for you?? Giving up?

did you not read my posts? where i put a timeline where the US has overthrown and abused many nations?

Read my posts and u'll see.....

Hans Blix, the Chief Weapons Inspector himself said that there was progress in the disarmnment of Iraq, and that it wouldn't take weeks nor years, but months. If the US really did wait 12 years, they couldn't wait a couple more months and save not only american soldier's lives, but the lives of thousands upon thousands of innocent Iraqi's, wouldn't it be more logical to wait and use the diplomacy of the UN and the weapons inspectors???

Hans Blix, the Chief Weapons Inspector himself said that there was progress in the disarmnment of Iraq, and that it wouldn't take weeks nor years, but months. If the US really did wait 12 years, they couldn't wait a couple more months and save not only american soldier's lives, but the lives of thousands upon thousands of innocent Iraqi's, wouldn't it be more logical to wait and use the diplomacy of the UN and the weapons inspectors???

No.

We saw what happened on 9/11 what happens when you allow terrorists and their ilk to go unchecked. Saddam and his regime were given ample opportunity to come clean and cooperate 100% with inspectors and he refused until the very end. In fact, Bush gave him one last opportunity and he still didn't cooperate. If he wasn't going to fully cooperate and abide by the resolutions, someone had to enforce them properly. The UN refused to do so, so the USA did the job that the UN members signed on the dotted line to do should the resolutions fail.

In hindsight, what if on August 11, 2001 the USA was asked to give more time with diplomacy with the Taliban and Osama before striking them. And what if world leaders and inspectors claimed they were secluded and no danger to the world outside of them.

These scumbags don't negotiate. They play their cat and mouse games in the name of killing.

And since you are quoting Chief weapons inspectos, what did David Kay say about WMD and the cooperation Saddam was giving to the inspections in his final report?

WMD debate, hmmm. This has been discussed at length on the board already. And here is a news flash for you the war has already happened. We won, Saddam's regime has been removed, there is a new interm government and election are on the way. The time to debate wmd is pretty much over, the only reason left is to question the administrations actions. Ok fine, but again we have already gone over this at legth in many threads on the board. Man of 1951 don't expect to much in return on this subject.

WMD debate, hmmm. This has been discussed at length on the board already. And here is a news flash for you the war has already happened. We won, Saddam's regime has been removed, there is a new interm government and election are on the way.

War over? Dosen't look that way to me.

Freedom and democracy must be two of the most overeused and misunderstood words in the English language. Democracy I suppose means a representative government. Freedom is a relative term that at best means "being comfortable in your harness". We sort of lost the concept of representational gov. when we adopted the Electoral College. Then again how many eligible voters do vote?????? So a democracy requires a proactive and informed electorate. And I might add from my own point of view accountability by those we elect. Lobbyist and special interests have polarized our electorate into a two party or 3 or 4 party system, the system should be open, available and credible for so many more. We have great minds and great ideas and look what we are offered up by the two big ones, the dems and reps. Freedom is a social phenomenon....more tough I would guess than a democracy. Freedom requires a whole lot of tolerance, and cooperation. So far I havent seen alot of that out there. It seems more like a competition for who can get the most out of it for themselves. So sad.

Forum List

Back