An Essay On the Right and the Left

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I would say that in many ways this encapsulates much of what has been posted here for several months now:

http://www.accidentalverbosity.com/comments.php?id=P602_0_1_0

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I certainly can identify would her fatigue and frustration. Truth has most definately taken a back seat to the hunger for power. Thanks for your efforts Deb and fortunately there are others who agree with your efforts in being truth monger. While tired, I still find the time and energy to continue the fight for truth . We simply cannot afford not to. America cannot survive on a regular diet of lies. I simply will not give up my hope nor my belief that truth will triumph. Repetition may get boring but it's also the mother of learning.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I've had friendships come to an end recently. One of them a good friend from college who, when he realized he had no good arguments, just decided that I was a bad person.

4. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Things are getting tougher and tougher politically unfortunately. Thanks for the article Kathianne.

Fortunately for me, I haven't lost any friends over political reasons. It's just not that important to me when compared to friendship. Understandably, RWA you were not the one who ended the friendship.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Is that a slap at me? Yes. It's understandable for others to want to end friendships with me and not the other way around. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

You been chasin all the chicks and dumpin em again RW?

7. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No it wasn't. Read the very last sentence of my post. I wrote that I understood that you were not the one who ended the friendship.

Some people just take things too far or seriously. When politics starts ruining friendships (like it did in your situation unfortunately) I think people just need to kick back and look at the bigger picture.

I have friends who are more conservative than me. I know with some of them I can debate with and others I cannot. I value my friendship with them so I don't debate with them.

If your friend didn't like debating with you, he/she should of stopped and told you. Of, course I don't know the whole story so I am not drawing assumptions.

I apologize if you took it the wrong way RWA.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    No. You said "Understandably, your friend ended the relationship." Not. "I understand that your friend ended the relationship. " Don't apologize for my nonexistant miscomprehension when it was your unclear choice of words which was the culprit.

But yeah. You're right. The thing is we ALWAYS DEBATED POLITICS, he just couldn't handle having all bad arguments anymore. He could no longer defend the un logically. It caused hiw worldview to collapse or something. There was a point he was rolling on the ground apologizing for being stupid. The next day I got an email about how EVIL i was for reducing him so.

9. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You got one apology out of me, your not getting another. Don't get so harsh over nothing.

I personally believe politics, religion and a few other things, shouldn't play a role in friendships. If two people are really great friends, but can't handle a religious or political discussion, they should avoid it in order to keep their friendship going. But that's just me.:D

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Your apology was for me not understanding, a wrong reason, therefore a waste.

But I'm over it! :)

The thing is we're both political. He's still political, he just got tired of having his ass kicked, and instead of changing in light of new information, and continually getting killed, he decided to villify me. That's what libs do.