Folks - you just can’t make this stuff up

This is a red/blue map of Oregon...

2008-seat-control-statewide-040809-0100.jpg

The law had been around since the 50s. NJ had one too...They may still.

It's a stupid ass law.

Anyway, the map of USA has that kind of red/blue content so you are not saying much. The state leans democrat...

As Esmeralda stated, the most rural areas are conservative Republican...likely where people have never pumped their own gas before. As rural conservatives, they tend to stay rural and don't venture far from home. This law has been in effect since 1951 so for anyone to blame this on "liberals" is beyond stupid and is bordering on bat shit insane.

What is sad is your generalization of where republicans and democrats live. The rural areas are full of democrats and cities full of republicans, all your map shows is which one DOMINATES a region to the point of winning elections. It might favor one side heavily or just slightly. People are bound to want full service for many reasons---- health, age, affluence, not because they are stupid, lazy or dense. Full service has largely disappeared mainly because governments have taxed the shit out of gas so much that people are just looking to cut costs. What is really good is how people dump on Trump voters as "Trumpsters" and "Dumpsters" never stopping to think that many Trump supporters used to be Democrats, maybe voted for Obama and Clinton, but lost faith in the party and now that they support Trump, they are suddenly these hopelessly uneducated, opaque blockheads.

Did you read the dumb ass generalizing of the OP? Did you note where the dumb ass blamed liberals for the law?

If the people in rural Oregon wanted to pump their own gas, they would have petitioned for it and got it. They are not slaves.
Why would your backwoods state even have a law like that to begin with sweetie? Who the fuck is the government to tell me if I can or cannot pump my own gas? Thanks for playing.
To keep or create jobs, DUMMY! You really are ridiculous.

What a stupid way to create jobs. Seems like creating poverty and stripping people of freedom is their aim.

3-4 cents per gallon (still cheaper than CA or WA) to employ about 9,800 attendants. What "freedom" is lost? Are you "free" to cook your own food at a restaurant?

3-4 cents per gallon (still cheaper than CA or WA) to employ about 9,800 attendants. What "freedom" is lost? Are you "free" to cook your own food at a restaurant?
I’m free to cook food any time I want, stupid. I do it all the time. :eusa_doh:

Admittedly I thought that this idiocy was very specific only to the region in question.

But here we go, the usual retards on this forum have self identified. They really do think outlawing pumping gas is a good idea. Maybe they should add this to the campaign ticket on 2018 elections.

9,800 attendants throughout the state. Those ARE jobs, puppy.
Sweetie...you could “create jobs” by paying everyone to dig a hole in their backyard and then fill it back in every day. So why don’t you do that?

Idiot.

Admittedly I thought that this idiocy was very specific only to the region in question.

But here we go, the retards on this forum have self identified. They really do think outlawing pumping gas is a good idea. Maybe they should add this to the campaign ticket on 2018 elections.
Well the left doesn’t understand basic economics. People like Esmeralda literally have no clue how wealth is created.

But here we go, the usual retards on this forum have self identified. They really do think outlawing pumping gas is a good idea. Maybe they should add this to the campaign ticket on 2018 elections.
rolling eyes.gif

9,800 attendants throughout the state. Those ARE jobs, puppy.
Especially in rural areas where there are few jobs. Very important to the people.
Again sweetie...that’s like saying if we pay everyone to dig a hole in their backyard and then fill it back in, we are creating “jobs”. Which might technically be true - but it will end in poverty. Wealth is not created by paying people to do something that is not necessary. Wealth is created through efficiencies and innovation (or the polar opposite of the failed left-wing idiocy you are supporting here).

Forum List

Back