Florida shooting timeline and other things...

Faun, you are so smart.

Why don’t you go ahead and tell us all a few more times so we really understand?
Well I’m at least smart enough to find Google’s explanation for why their timestamps are often wrong. Unlike the righties posting here, who turn that flaw in Google’s timestamp into a conspiracy because they’re not bright enough to find Google’s explanation without the help from a Liberal.
You cant be that naive. Its Google, a company that is worth $101.8 billion with state of the art server farms.
No software is perfect. Not Google’s, not Microsoft, none. And their claim is this is the fault with either publishers themselves labeling the date incorrectly or it’s a timezone issue and you have zero evidence to prove otherwise.
And you dont have any evidence either, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Faun, you are so smart.

Why don’t you go ahead and tell us all a few more times so we really understand?
Well I’m at least smart enough to find Google’s explanation for why their timestamps are often wrong. Unlike the righties posting here, who turn that flaw in Google’s timestamp into a conspiracy because they’re not bright enough to find Google’s explanation without the help from a Liberal.
You cant be that naive. Its Google, a company that is worth $101.8 billion with state of the art server farms.
No software is perfect. Not Google’s, not Microsoft, none. And their claim is this is the fault with either publishers themselves labeling the date incorrectly or it’s a timezone issue and you have zero evidence to prove otherwise.
And you dont have any evidence either, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
LOL

Wishes a conspiracy nut. :badgrin:

I’ve already offered Google’s explanation multiple times. You idiots won’t accept it because you think I’m either lying about have a link to Google’s explanation or you think I’m misrepresenting what they say.

Regardless, you conspiracy nuts are beyond stupid. All you had to do was google, google florida inaccurate then timestamp, and it comes right up.

Since you morons can’t even do that, step aside and let a Liberal educate you...

Google Wants To Get Date Timestamps Accurate In Search Results

Last night, when people were searching about the horrible news in Florida, some noticed that some of the recent articles covering the news were labeled by Google has being written days before the event. Obviously, something that happened hours ago, written potentially minutes ago, should not be labeled in the Google search results as being written 2 or 3 days ago.

Danny Sullivan at Google was doing some damage control for Google explaining that sometimes getting the date right, can be hard. One because sometimes the publisher themselves labels their dates incorrectly and sometimes because of timezone issues. Either way, it really should be something Google does get right.

I
Faun, you are so smart.

LOL

I’ve already offered Google’s explanation multiple times. You idiots won’t accept it because you think I’m either lying about have a link to Google’s explanation or you think I’m misrepresenting what they say.

Regardless, you conspiracy nuts are beyond stupid. All you had to do was google, google florida inaccurate then timestamp, and it comes right up.

Since you morons can’t even do that, step aside and let a Liberal educate you...

Last night, when people were searching about the horrible news in Florida, some noticed that some of the recent articles covering the news were labeled by Google has being written days before the event. Obviously, something that happened hours ago, written potentially minutes ago, should not be labeled in the Google search results as being written 2 or 3 days ago.

Danny Sullivan at Google was doing some damage control for Google explaining that sometimes getting the date right, can be hard. One because sometimes the publisher themselves labels their dates incorrectly and sometimes because of timezone issues. Either way, it really should be something Google does get right.
I appreciate the link. Times stamps being wrong "at times" is not debatable, but how convenient that they always seem to be inaccurate during mass shootings and terrorist attacks. Seems to me that the engineering team at Google can operate vast data logistics, manage large data bases and tables but somehow just cant handle simple time stamps.

Last edited:
I
LOL

I appreciate the link. Times stamps being wrong "at times" is not debatable, but how convenient that they always seem to be inaccurate during mass shootings and terrorist attacks. Seems to me that the engineering team at Google can operate vast data logistics, manage large data bases and tables but somehow just cant handle simple time stamps.
I can’t believe this isn’t painfully obvious to you, but Google’s struggles with timestamps affects far more articles than just those surrounding “shootings and terrorist attacks.” Not to mention, there are plenty of articles involving “shootings and terrorist attacks” where Google does get the timestamp right.

I know how desperate you are to find some conspiracy here; but there just isn’t one. Move along.

According to Florida school shooting timeline, Cruz was dropped off at the high school at 2:19 PM EST.

On the same day, Every Town For Gun Safety everytown.org, posted the article Florida Moms Demand Action, Everytown Respond To Fatal Shooting At Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School In Parkland where moms are decrying the "recent" shooting.

Here is the interesting part.

Using Google XML sitemap, you can see that this article was posted at 17:46 GMT (which would have been 12:46 PM EST). Here is the link.

According to the time stamps, the article was posted 1 hour 33 minutes before shooting begun.

How's that possible?

Don't want to burst the bubble that you live in. Ever hear of Occam's Razor? We got these things called Time Zones. Has something to do with the Earth's rotation and the sun. The times I see on USMB content are 2 later than the times folks on the Left coast see and one hour EARLIER than the folks on the Right coast. Then what's REALLY mind blowing is that news and media and some corporations use this whacky concept called UTC which is a worldwide standard that some meatheads conjured up to confuse plain people and encourage conspiracies. :ack-1:

Check it out..

C’mon, conspiracy nuts! Where’d ya go??

I’ve been tellin’ ya for a week now that Google explained this anomaly as being attributed to either publishers themselves labeling the date incorrectly or being a timezone issue; and you kept haranguing me as though that isn’t true. Don’t tell me you believe it now simply because I posted a link to it??

C’mon.... where are your convictions. This is still a conspiracy, right??

cc: Ame®icano, Markymark11

Still full of shit.
Nope, just smarter than you to be able to find Google’s explanation.

:dance:

Right. Keep telling that to yourself.

Link or GTFO.
LOL

Link or GTFO??

How about I do neither; but instead, keep laughing at you for being too dumb to find Google’s expiation yourself?

Yeah, I think I like that option much better.

So despite your conspiratorial nonsense, Google says the actual reason is either the publisher themselves labeling the date incorrectly or it’s a timezone issue.

Still no link?
LOL

Oh, there’s a link. You just proved you’re too stupid to find it yourself.

Yet another one of leftist obnoxious statements.

Link?

Faun, you are so smart.

Not really, to argue you have to have argument. What he's having is out of his ass comment.

Faun, you are so smart.

LOL

Fail.

Although Danny Sullivan recently started working for Google, I still don't see official Google's explanation. His personal Twitter feed isn't Google's official.

LOL

Fail.

Although Danny Sullivan recently started working for Google, I still don't see official Google's explanation. His personal Twitter feed isn't Google's official.
LOLOL

He works for Google, you don’t. He knows. You don’t.

Nope, just smarter than you to be able to find Google’s explanation.

Link or GTFO.
LOL

Link or GTFO??

How about I do neither; but instead, keep laughing at you for being too dumb to find Google’s expiation yourself?

So despite your conspiratorial nonsense, Google says the actual reason is either the publisher themselves labeling the date incorrectly or it’s a timezone issue.

Still no link?
LOL

Link?
Maybe obnoxious — but not wrong. :badgrin:

LOL

Fail.

LOLOL

Yep, he works for Alphabet, for a few months now.

Still not official Google's explanation, it's just his opinion.

Link or GTFO.
LOL

Link or GTFO??

Still no link?
LOL

Link?
Im not trying to find conspiracy theories you boob. Im trying to asses the situation in order to have a well rounded understanding. Im willing to bet you believe an airplane crashed into the World Trade Center lol

LOL

Fail.

LOLOL

LOL

He’s a public liaison for Google. Now had they fired him for spreading false information about their company, you’d have a point. But sadly, the only point you have is your pointy head.

LOL

Link or GTFO??

Still no link?
LOL

Link?
Im not trying to find conspiracy theories you boob. Im trying to asses the situation in order to have a well rounded understanding. Im willing to bet you believe an airplane crashed into the World Trade Center lol
LOLOL

^^^ batshit insane.

Here, tell these people who were there that day and saw the planes fly into the towers that they were just hallucinating. :eusa_doh:

LOL

Fail.

LOLOL

LOL

He’s a public liaison for Google. Now had they fired him for spreading false information about their company, you’d have a point. But sadly, the only point you have is your pointy head.

Had they fire anyone who protect leftists lies?

How about conservatives?

Anyways, where is official Google's explanation you claim to exist?

LOL

Fail.

LOLOL

LOL

Had they fire anyone who protect leftists lies?

How about conservatives?

Anyways, where is official Google's explanation you claim to exist?
I already gave it to you from Google’s public liaison. It matters not if you’re too ignorant to accept it. Not to mention, you have not offered any other options.

I already gave it to you from Google’s public liaison. It matters not if you’re too ignorant to accept it. Not to mention, you have not offered any other options.

Where did you get that "public liaison" from? That would be something like spin master or damage control?

I do accept that his official LinkedIn page is saying that he's "untitled", and Wikipedia says that this journalist, technologist, and an entrepreneur is an "adviser at the search division of the company".

Any official Google's explanation yet?

Where did you get that "public liaison" from? That would be something like spin master or damage control?

I do accept that his official LinkedIn page is saying that he's "untitled", and Wikipedia says that this journalist, technologist, and an entrepreneur is an "adviser at the search division of the company".

Any official Google's explanation yet?
The latest changes address queries such as "are reptiles good pets," Danny Sullivan, Google's public liaison for search, wrote in the blog post.

Google tries to answer with information "strongly aligned" with the search so a webpage contending reptiles are nice pets would likely be shown, Sullivan said. But users ultimately want to know how reptiles rate as pets one way or the other. The featured snippet for "are reptiles bad pets" would be valuable too even if it contradicts the first snippet, he said.

Google aims to get 'diverse perspectives' into search results

Still no link?
LOL

Link?
LOLOL

^^^ batshit insane.

Here, tell these people who were there that day and saw the planes fly into the towers that they were just hallucinating. :eusa_doh:

you have your bowl normalcy bias cereal this morning?

Forum List

Back