Florence might be worse than Harvey!

But not worse than Maria

hamilton-creator-slams-trump-for-criticizing-puerto-rico-after-hurricane-28037646.png
So you are saying that the utter stupidity of local officials had nothing to do with the number of deaths during and after H-Maria? They knew well in advance that it was coming and after it was over people who needed food and medical supplies could not get them:
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers - CNN
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers
By Patrick Gillespie, Rafael Romo and Maria Santana, CNN
Anywhere else local officials have been telling people to evacuate before the storm hits and be in places where they can get what they need to survive.
Part of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work since Hurricane Maria swept through, according to a representative for Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.
On top of that, a diesel fuel shortage and a tangle of blocked roads mean the distribution of supplies is extremely challenging. Even contacting drivers is a problem because cell towers are still down.
Puerto Ricans waiting for aid
"When we say we that we don't have truck drivers, we mean that we have not been able to contact them," Rosselló said.

Trump authorizes waiver to loosen shipping regulations for Puerto Rico

On Thursday the White House authorized a 10-day waiver of the Jones Act, a federal law that limits shipping to US ports by foreign vessels. Puerto Rico's governor and other US officials had argued that a waiver would expedite supplies to the island.
But as Ayala has indicated, shipping companies already have aid and supplies either waiting at the port to be delivered -- or held up at ports on the US mainland.
Of the 3,000 containers that Crowley alone had sent to San Juan's port as of Wednesday, only 4% had been dispatched from there, Ayala said.
'This hurricane was catastrophic'

Cell towers down, roads washed out, and the US military, which has a huge number of helicopters, not called in to distribute the supplies. Just another example of the failure of the Trump Presidency.
They loaded up helo's in c130's and put them down there. They had the helo's off a LHA and a LHD............they were flying around the clock................

The staff back then said they had to open up the roads to get better supplies in because you can only get so much in by helo........when you are supplying 3 million people.

This was a massive effort no matter how you push the BS political narrative.......it's pathetic.
Link? Other than the lies of the orange clown.
CDZ - Can Hurricane deaths 5 months after Hurricane be blamed on Trump?

Yeah........I just put a bunch of information on that thread.......how many threads are there now......20 on the same dang subject..........just create a new one when facts of what really happened there get displayed...........isn't that right Mr. Propaganda...........

But not worse than Maria

hamilton-creator-slams-trump-for-criticizing-puerto-rico-after-hurricane-28037646.png
So you are saying that the utter stupidity of local officials had nothing to do with the number of deaths during and after H-Maria? They knew well in advance that it was coming and after it was over people who needed food and medical supplies could not get them:
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers
By Patrick Gillespie, Rafael Romo and Maria Santana, CNN
Anywhere else local officials have been telling people to evacuate before the storm hits and be in places where they can get what they need to survive.
Part of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work since Hurricane Maria swept through, according to a representative for Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.
On top of that, a diesel fuel shortage and a tangle of blocked roads mean the distribution of supplies is extremely challenging. Even contacting drivers is a problem because cell towers are still down.
Puerto Ricans waiting for aid
"When we say we that we don't have truck drivers, we mean that we have not been able to contact them," Rosselló said.

Trump authorizes waiver to loosen shipping regulations for Puerto Rico

On Thursday the White House authorized a 10-day waiver of the Jones Act, a federal law that limits shipping to US ports by foreign vessels. Puerto Rico's governor and other US officials had argued that a waiver would expedite supplies to the island.
But as Ayala has indicated, shipping companies already have aid and supplies either waiting at the port to be delivered -- or held up at ports on the US mainland.
Of the 3,000 containers that Crowley alone had sent to San Juan's port as of Wednesday, only 4% had been dispatched from there, Ayala said.
'This hurricane was catastrophic'

Cell towers down, roads washed out, and the US military, which has a huge number of helicopters, not called in to distribute the supplies. Just another example of the failure of the Trump Presidency.
They loaded up helo's in c130's and put them down there. They had the helo's off a LHA and a LHD............they were flying around the clock................

The staff back then said they had to open up the roads to get better supplies in because you can only get so much in by helo........when you are supplying 3 million people.

This was a massive effort no matter how you push the BS political narrative.......it's pathetic.
Hahaha OldRocks is still looking for a cop-out to deflect from the massive screw up when Puerto Rico officials were calling for truck drivers to drive trucks for which there was no fuel or usable roads after the storm ended.
He is challenging you to provide links to prove to him that the military deployed aircraft, but unless it`s CNN or the NYT he won`t accept it. They did, Helicopters the 101st and many other east coast bases + 40 from the coast guard. Which was not easy after the Navy had to close the base they did have on Puerto Rico ( due to protests as usual) and the Obama Administration used the military budget for everything else but operational readiness to the point where almost 30% of their air-assets were not mission ready. The ones that were operational had been repaired using parts from the scrap yards. As far as Google links for this insanity is concerned the top of the search result heap is now the so called NYT etc "fact check" bs which concludes that Obama used the military budget more effectively than Trump.

"PATHETIC" ? Yep, sure was :rolleyes-41:

30darcy-puertorico3jpg-95bef9106b3ed023.jpg

05darcy-trump2jpg-772110bee4cfbe7b.jpg

453.gif
Factually challenged... You are!

Only 22 deaths were attributed to Maria according to FEMA. The other were attributed to old age and the governmental miss-management by Puerto Rican government leaders, Supply hoarding by union bosses in control of ports, and outright democrat corruption.

Now why would you deflect from DEMOCRAT MALFEASANCE, in office, resulting in thousands of deaths?
This "Dr.Love" is so mentally challenged that he has to use the same kind of Kindergarten flash cards it takes to teach a chimp brained primate like him. Makes me wonder which one he uses to convince his mommy that she should not make him wear a football helmet when she lets him go outside.

453.gif

Only 22 deaths were attributed to Maria according to FEMA. The other were attributed to old age and the governmental miss-management by Puerto Rican government leaders, Supply hoarding by union bosses in control of ports, and outright democrat corruption.

Now why would you deflect from DEMOCRAT MALFEASANCE, in office, resulting in thousands of deaths?
This "Dr.Love" is so mentally challenged that he has to use the same kind of Kindergarten flash cards it takes to teach a chimp brained primate like him. Makes me wonder which one he uses to convince his mommy that she should not make him wear a football helmet when she lets him go outside.

I am waiting for that Trump hater to make a new comment here, for me to make the coup de grace reply, but he call my last comment reply to him as funny instead, even though it is well supported by internal links.

This is one serious mutual weeping thread by the Trumpflakes. Best I can tell, they're very upset about an accurate hurricane forecast.

I'd say it's an odd thing to get hysterical about, but it's really not, as everything now gets Trumpflakes hysterical.

Now that Florence is a TROPICAL DEPRESSION, that never came close to what Harvey was, will YOU and Old Rocks stop the stupid panicky hyperbole comments over an ordinary Hurricane?

Their forecast turned out to be wrong.

Meanwhile ZERO Tropical storm or Hurricanes in the entire Atlantic basin today.

453.gif

I am waiting for that Trump hater to make a new comment here, for me to make the coup de grace reply, but he call my last comment reply to him as funny instead, even though it is well supported by internal links.
He clicked the funny button because he ran out of Kiddy-flash cards that go beyond what he possibly could articulate without them

This is one serious mutual weeping thread by the Trumpflakes. Best I can tell, they're very upset about an accurate hurricane forecast.

I'd say it's an odd thing to get hysterical about, but it's really not, as everything now gets Trumpflakes hysterical.

Now that Florence is a TROPICAL DEPRESSION, that never came close to what Harvey was, will YOU and Old Rocks stop the stupid panicky hyperbole comments over an ordinary Hurricane?

Yes and that`s why the freaks have to re-freak it with Maria in the Florence thread. In the morning CNN was already using the death toll of Florence against Trump again exactly the same way they did with Maria. It is disgusting to observe (from where I am) how US democrats are trying to use storm victims ` dead bodies as stepping stones to grab seats in the mid-term elections.
At CNN they figure the President should stay glued to the TV to monitor the current death count the same way bookies and their clients fix all their attention to a score board.
Take a look how they hailed Obama relaxing at Martha`s vineyard while US embassy staff and body guards were slaughtered in Benghazi:
A Terrorist Horror, Then Golf: Incongruity Fuels Obama Critics
PREXY-jumbo.jpg

President Obama declared himself “heartbroken” by the brutal murder of an American journalist, James Foley, and vowed to “be relentless” against Islamic radicals threatening to kill another American.But as soon as the cameras went off, Mr. Obama headed to his favorite golf course on Martha’s Vineyard, where he is on vacation, seemingly able to put the savagery out of his mind...
....a president must guard against becoming consumed by the emotions of the situations they confront. And few presidents have been known more for cool, emotional detachment than Mr. Obama

Yes and that`s why the freaks have to re-freak it with Maria in the Florence thread. In the morning CNN was already using the death toll of Florence against Trump again exactly the same way they did with Maria. It is disgusting to observe (from where I am) how US democrats are trying to use storm victims ` dead bodies as stepping stones to grab seats in the mid-term elections.
At CNN they figure the President should stay glued to the TV to monitor the current death count the same way bookies and their clients fix all their attention to a score board.
Take a look how they hailed Obama relaxing at Martha`s vineyard while US embassy staff and body guards were slaughtered in Benghazi:
A Terrorist Horror, Then Golf: Incongruity Fuels Obama Critics
PREXY-jumbo.jpg

President Obama declared himself “heartbroken” by the brutal murder of an American journalist, James Foley, and vowed to “be relentless” against Islamic radicals threatening to kill another American.But as soon as the cameras went off, Mr. Obama headed to his favorite golf course on Martha’s Vineyard, where he is on vacation, seemingly able to put the savagery out of his mind...
....a president must guard against becoming consumed by the emotions of the situations they confront. And few presidents have been known more for cool, emotional detachment than Mr. Obama

WHAT an Ill-Advised ^ Fucking post :D

C4bCqksVMAIvCTG.jpg

Flash Cards?
Grump Grump GRUMP!! :D

Hey dick head. As if I would be waiting for you and quit falsifying quotes. You took somebody else`s text and pasted it in between the Quote= and /Quote html tags while you deleted everything else that was there.
This is what I said:
"He clicked the funny button because he ran out of Kiddy-flash cards that go beyond what he possibly could articulate without them"
So a Sesame street video is better than your kiddy cartoons,...you think ?
Before you showed up in this forum they had a thumbs down button option and a bar on the profile rating that turned from green to red. You would have not lasted very long. Now that it did catch my eye:
Already 12 000 posts, that`s almost 500 per month on average and each one getting dumber than the one before it. Wow if that`s all you are doing with your time you must be in some sort of institution where they put a cork on your fork so you don`t poke your eye out.

Last edited:
See how stupid Dr. Hate is, he thinks Polarbear wrote these words:

"I am waiting for that Trump hater to make a new comment here, for me to make the coup de grace reply, but he call my last comment reply to him as funny instead, even though it is well supported by internal links."

I WROTE IT!

Meanwhile your brainless stupidity goes on and on, while you keep ignoring the evidence that it was Puerto Rico who screwed it. I GAVE YOU a chance by providing the link to that published research that tore apart the lousy PR government who didn't do even the minimal preparations for the storm:

From the Wikipedia link you didn't bother to visit,

"George Washington University study[edit]
On December 18, 2017, Governor Rosselló ordered a recount and new analysis of the official death toll.[45] The task of reviewing the death toll was given to the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University (GWU), with some assistance from the University of Puerto Rico, in February 2018. The goal of the report is to determine the number of excess deaths in the six months following the hurricane. This includes the number of directly- and indirectly-related fatalities. A draft report was to be released in May while the final, peer-reviewed study would be released in February 2019 alongside a review of how Puerto Rico's government handled the death toll. The first phase of the study is expected to cost $305,000 while the second phase, which would include specific case reviews, could cost up to $1.1 million. The Government of Puerto Rico is funding the first phase and the second phase will be funded through grants solicited by the University of Puerto Rico.[46] The study saw delays in progress due to the volume of data to be processed and was released in August of 2018.

On August 27, 2018, the university published its results, indicating that 2,658–3,290 excess deaths (with a 95 percent confidence interval)[47] occurred between September 2017 and February 2018, primarily driven by the effects and aftermath of Hurricane Maria. The researchers supplied a value of 2,975 as the most-likely number of excess deaths.[14][2] Dr. Lynn Goldman at the Milken Institute stated that further excess deaths continued to occur beyond February—namely among the poor and elderly—and continued study would be necessary to get a more complete picture of the loss of life.[48] The immediate reasoning for the official death toll remaining at 64 for a prolonged period was pinned on lack of training for physicians in mortality protocol. These 64 fatalities occurred due to the direct results of Hurricane Maria, namely drowning and blunt-force trauma from collapsed buildings and airborne debris. Those charged with documentation of deaths stated that the Puerto Rico Department of Health and Puerto Rico Department of Public Safety did not inform them of Center for Disease Control protocols.[2]

Alongside determining the loss of life, the GWU study analyzed the government's activities and preparedness before, during, and after the storm.[14][2] The results provided "blistering criticism" of the government over the lack preparedness for a catastrophic disaster.[48] The Department of Public Safety and Central Communications Office were found to not have written "crisis and emergency risk communication plans" established. The available response plan was severely outdated and only designed to handle a Category 1 hurricane, far weaker than the intensity of Maria. Limited communications compounded inadequate preparedness, particularly in poorer communities. Furthermore, a lack of communication personnel during the storm hampered attempts to remedy this. Interviews with government personnel identified deficient coordination between central, municipal, and federal agencies. Lack of timely dissemination of accurate information alongside the spread of rumors undermined public trust in and perceived transparency of the government.[2]

red bolding mine

Again and again, I show evidence that Puerto Rico dropped the ball because they are INCOMPETANT, stupid and corrupt. Your replies are dead on arrival hate of the President who didn't muck anything up surrounding the storm itself.

You are pathetic!

Florence is hardly done with the Carolina's. This newscast is from 10 hours ago;

Flooding fears surge as rivers and death toll rise; Wilmington cut off

Rainfall totals were stunning.

In Swansboro, North Carolina, nearly 34 inches (85 centimeters) of rain had fallen by Sunday afternoon and 20 other places in North Carolina had at least 20 inches, according to the National Weather Service. Another 30 sites in North and Carolina had at least 10 inches (25 centimeters).

Water on the Cape Fear River near Chinquapin got so high that electronic instruments used to monitor flooding quit working after it became submerged, the U.S. Geological Survey said. The same thing happened on the Trent River.

Still, there was some good news: Power outages in the Carolinas and Virginia were down to about 580,000 homes and businesses after reaching a high of about 910,000 as the hurricane plowed into the coast. Utilities said some outages could last for weeks.

Still, there was some good news: Power outages in the Carolinas and Virginia were down to about 580,000 homes and businesses after reaching a high of about 910,000 as the hurricane plowed into the coast. Utilities said some outages could last for weeks.

A hurricane didn't plow into the coast...a tropical storm came ashore...you and yours predicted the the storm would intensify once it got over the warm near shore waters...precisely the opposite happened. Then since there was no wide spread devastation by wind, you and yours have now switched gears and are trying to pretend that a big rain storm is something other than business as usual...well guess what, it is something other than business as usual...business as usual would include wide spread devastation by wind in addition to flooding...and deaths due to something other than the stupidity of a few individuals.

Here...yet another example of the fakery that you and yours have stooped to in an attempt to politicize a storm which isn't that unusual.

This time it is CNN's Anderson Cooper...rather than point out that the flooding isn't as bad as expected, this ass hat stands in a ditch along the side of the road up to his waist to tell how bad the flooding is...It has become such that we literally can not believe anything that is being reported about the weather because you and yours have completely destroyed any credibility the news might have once had by politicizing everything to do with weather...and that leads any thinking person to wonder if it is just the weather reporting which has become completely corrupt to the point that nothing they say can be believed...

CNN-florence-cooper-flood2-720x427.jpg

See how stupid Dr. Hate is, he thinks Polarbear wrote these words:

"I am waiting for that Trump hater to make a new comment here, for me to make the coup de grace reply, but he call my last comment reply to him as funny instead, even though it is well supported by internal links."

I WROTE IT!

Meanwhile your brainless stupidity goes on and on, while you keep ignoring the evidence that it was Puerto Rico who screwed it. I GAVE YOU a chance by providing the link to that published research that tore apart the lousy PR government who didn't do even the minimal preparations for the storm:

From the Wikipedia link you didn't bother to visit,

"George Washington University study[edit]
On December 18, 2017, Governor Rosselló ordered a recount and new analysis of the official death toll.[45] The task of reviewing the death toll was given to the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University (GWU), with some assistance from the University of Puerto Rico, in February 2018. The goal of the report is to determine the number of excess deaths in the six months following the hurricane. This includes the number of directly- and indirectly-related fatalities. A draft report was to be released in May while the final, peer-reviewed study would be released in February 2019 alongside a review of how Puerto Rico's government handled the death toll. The first phase of the study is expected to cost $305,000 while the second phase, which would include specific case reviews, could cost up to $1.1 million. The Government of Puerto Rico is funding the first phase and the second phase will be funded through grants solicited by the University of Puerto Rico.[46] The study saw delays in progress due to the volume of data to be processed and was released in August of 2018.

On August 27, 2018, the university published its results, indicating that 2,658–3,290 excess deaths (with a 95 percent confidence interval)[47] occurred between September 2017 and February 2018, primarily driven by the effects and aftermath of Hurricane Maria. The researchers supplied a value of 2,975 as the most-likely number of excess deaths.[14][2] Dr. Lynn Goldman at the Milken Institute stated that further excess deaths continued to occur beyond February—namely among the poor and elderly—and continued study would be necessary to get a more complete picture of the loss of life.[48] The immediate reasoning for the official death toll remaining at 64 for a prolonged period was pinned on lack of training for physicians in mortality protocol. These 64 fatalities occurred due to the direct results of Hurricane Maria, namely drowning and blunt-force trauma from collapsed buildings and airborne debris. Those charged with documentation of deaths stated that the Puerto Rico Department of Health and Puerto Rico Department of Public Safety did not inform them of Center for Disease Control protocols.[2]

Alongside determining the loss of life, the GWU study analyzed the government's activities and preparedness before, during, and after the storm.[14][2] The results provided "blistering criticism" of the government over the lack preparedness for a catastrophic disaster.[48] The Department of Public Safety and Central Communications Office were found to not have written "crisis and emergency risk communication plans" established. The available response plan was severely outdated and only designed to handle a Category 1 hurricane, far weaker than the intensity of Maria. Limited communications compounded inadequate preparedness, particularly in poorer communities. Furthermore, a lack of communication personnel during the storm hampered attempts to remedy this. Interviews with government personnel identified deficient coordination between central, municipal, and federal agencies. Lack of timely dissemination of accurate information alongside the spread of rumors undermined public trust in and perceived transparency of the government.[2]

red bolding mine

Again and again, I show evidence that Puerto Rico dropped the ball because they are INCOMPETANT, stupid and corrupt. Your replies are dead on arrival hate of the President who didn't muck anything up surrounding the storm itself.

You are pathetic!
You know I don`t really mind when the 2 Trump haters deflected from H-Florence to H-Maria.
I remember something Trump said about conventional power plants, especially coal fired being robust when compared to wind&solar. I`m pretty sure he said it because he has seen what was left of the wind&solar farms after H-Maria. The trashed Solar panels:

And that`s what was left of the wind turbines:
abandoned-wind-turbines-2-1506430798-4638.jpg

Of course our resident Tesla sales man won`t want to mention any of this because like CNN etc could not possibly report(/discuss) any of this so soon after praising Obama`s energy policy and bashing Trump for nixing it.

Tell me rocks...which of these are due to republicans and which are just business as usual on planet earth?

DnEQKLeVAAACHGx.jpg

Forum List

Back