Florence might be worse than Harvey!

But not worse than Maria

hamilton-creator-slams-trump-for-criticizing-puerto-rico-after-hurricane-28037646.png
So you are saying that the utter stupidity of local officials had nothing to do with the number of deaths during and after H-Maria? They knew well in advance that it was coming and after it was over people who needed food and medical supplies could not get them:
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers - CNN
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers
By Patrick Gillespie, Rafael Romo and Maria Santana, CNN
Anywhere else local officials have been telling people to evacuate before the storm hits and be in places where they can get what they need to survive.
Part of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work since Hurricane Maria swept through, according to a representative for Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.
On top of that, a diesel fuel shortage and a tangle of blocked roads mean the distribution of supplies is extremely challenging. Even contacting drivers is a problem because cell towers are still down.
Puerto Ricans waiting for aid
"When we say we that we don't have truck drivers, we mean that we have not been able to contact them," Rosselló said.

Trump authorizes waiver to loosen shipping regulations for Puerto Rico

On Thursday the White House authorized a 10-day waiver of the Jones Act, a federal law that limits shipping to US ports by foreign vessels. Puerto Rico's governor and other US officials had argued that a waiver would expedite supplies to the island.
But as Ayala has indicated, shipping companies already have aid and supplies either waiting at the port to be delivered -- or held up at ports on the US mainland.
Of the 3,000 containers that Crowley alone had sent to San Juan's port as of Wednesday, only 4% had been dispatched from there, Ayala said.
'This hurricane was catastrophic'

Cell towers down, roads washed out, and the US military, which has a huge number of helicopters, not called in to distribute the supplies. Just another example of the failure of the Trump Presidency.

Really are you going to try ignoring what America did for the ungrateful jack asses who incompetently run PR?

US military sends ships, aircraft to Puerto Rico

That was 9/26/2017 one week after the Hurricane hit.

Navy Continues to Provide Medical Relief to Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria

That was 10/26/2017

"Poor communications between local providers, civilian medical officials in charge of evaluating medical needs, and the military were cited as a possible cause for health clinics and hospitals on the island being at capacity while 13 percent of Comfort’s beds were occupied. A CNN story reported Tuesday only 33 of the hospital ship’s 250 beds were being used, as the ship operates in the vicinity of San Juan."

The incompetent civilian government still flailing around about SIX WEEKS after the Hurricane leaves. Its not that big a place yet despite American vessels and helicopter milling around ready to help the local government pricks can't develop a simple communication plan to work with American military which are loaded with communication capabilities.

Meanwhile back in late September 2017, there were 4,000 shipping containers sitting at the PR port full of food, water, medicine and construction materials.

In Puerto Rico, Containers Full Of Goods Sit Undistributed At Ports

America and others from outside did a lot for FREE and in good time of about 7-10 days after the devastation, but get the whining shit in return...…………..

Go kindly FUCK OFF, Lin-Manuel Miranda!

Having a bad evening yesterday were ya? :)

Of course you can find links about what the military and FEMA were attempting that makes it look like they were trying. For every one of those, there are ten others about a failed, feeble, half-ass effort it was.

And of course Captain Chaos .. instead of focusing on the task at hand, chose rather to engage in a Twitter war with the Mayor of San Juan.

Sorry, but Trump simply didn't care about those brown people and it was more obvious then than ever. And that includes all the "infestation of rapists and murderers - they're all M-13, etc etc etc" rhetoric. Word is, someone had to whisper in his ear that they are AMERICANS. I guess that fake military schools for rich kids don't teach that.

Lin-Manuel is correct - Trump has a lot of blood on his hands.
And of course Captain Chaos .. instead of focusing on the task at hand, chose rather to engage in a Twitter war with the Mayor of San Juan.
Even now all the mayor of San Juan and the other local officials are doing is race-baiting Trump on Twitter instead of building storm shelters which should have been built a long time ago. What alternatives other than being sitting ducks did the general population of a small Island have ?...still don`t and never will get because the local authorities blame it all on Trump instead of doing what they should have been doing all along. Military engineers should go there and blow up the facilities where these bastards were riding out H-Maria in comfort so that they are forced to endure what the people who they govern have to endure when the next storm hits. That`s probably the only way to force them to do the job they should have been doing all along.
Lin-Manuel is correct - Trump has a lot of blood on his hands.
Not yet, but he does have a lot of emails in his hands which might cause a blood bath in Dem-territory once they get published un-redacted.
If the orange clown had such, they would have already been published. What he has are a lot of ex-employees singing real pretty for New York, and for Mueller. President Shithead is going down hard.

But not worse than Maria

hamilton-creator-slams-trump-for-criticizing-puerto-rico-after-hurricane-28037646.png

Really are you going to try ignoring what America did for the ungrateful jack asses who incompetently run PR?

Navy Continues to Provide Medical Relief to Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria

That was 10/26/2017

"Poor communications between local providers, civilian medical officials in charge of evaluating medical needs, and the military were cited as a possible cause for health clinics and hospitals on the island being at capacity while 13 percent of Comfort’s beds were occupied. A CNN story reported Tuesday only 33 of the hospital ship’s 250 beds were being used, as the ship operates in the vicinity of San Juan."

The incompetent civilian government still flailing around about SIX WEEKS after the Hurricane leaves. Its not that big a place yet despite American vessels and helicopter milling around ready to help the local government pricks can't develop a simple communication plan to work with American military which are loaded with communication capabilities.

Meanwhile back in late September 2017, there were 4,000 shipping containers sitting at the PR port full of food, water, medicine and construction materials.

America and others from outside did a lot for FREE and in good time of about 7-10 days after the devastation, but get the whining shit in return...…………..

the US gives the most charity/help to the world which includes aircraft carriers/helo carriers/choppers/LCACs/etc for help in natural disasters
So, where were they for Maria and Puerto Rico. The citizens of Puerto Rico are Americans.

Trump is right and he is making you look real stupid....

LoL - He's a 5th grade playground bully with a 3rd grade vocabulary carrying a zillion and three grudges simultaneously.
Call in the fine young men wearing clean white coats.

18tms7.jpg

I waited THIRTY MINUTES for your cogent reply, but waited in vain apparently.

You have NO answer to these TWO posts I made showing that Trump Administration made a good determined response to help the PR nation.

I give up finishing this comment, since this software problem just destroyed 2/3 thirds of my comment that I was about to post. It happened many times now, NEVER seen this problem anywhere else in the 22 years I have posted comments. I post in a lot of places everyday with the same computer and browser without a problem.

Sometimes it seems that the post box I am writing up a comment, is directly connected to the internet aside from the forums.

When are the owners going to fix the post box bugs that I reported a while back?

WHEN?

I found my P.Message sent to a moderator date May 10 talking about the post box problems. It is still there today.
LOL The Puerto Rican nation? Dumb fuck, Puerto Rico is part of the United States, the people there are US Citizens.

Trump is right and he is making you look real stupid....

LoL - He's a 5th grade playground bully with a 3rd grade vocabulary carrying a zillion and three grudges simultaneously.
Call in the fine young men wearing clean white coats.

18tms7.jpg

I waited THIRTY MINUTES for your cogent reply, but waited in vain apparently.

You have NO answer to these TWO posts I made showing that Trump Administration made a good determined response to help the PR nation.

I give up finishing this comment, since this software problem just destroyed 2/3 thirds of my comment that I was about to post. It happened many times now, NEVER seen this problem anywhere else in the 22 years I have posted comments. I post in a lot of places everyday with the same computer and browser without a problem.

Sometimes it seems that the post box I am writing up a comment, is directly connected to the internet aside from the forums.

When are the owners going to fix the post box bugs that I reported a while back?

WHEN?

I found my P.Message sent to a moderator date May 10 talking about the post box problems. It is still there today.
LOL The Puerto Rican nation? Dumb fuck, Puerto Rico is part of the United States, the people there are US Citizens.
Hey Oldcrock I bet you were hoping and praying to your AGW God, that Florence was going to destroy the Carolinas. Disappointed again. Boohoo.

But not worse than Maria

So you are saying that the utter stupidity of local officials had nothing to do with the number of deaths during and after H-Maria? They knew well in advance that it was coming and after it was over people who needed food and medical supplies could not get them:
Anywhere else local officials have been telling people to evacuate before the storm hits and be in places where they can get what they need to survive.
Part of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work since Hurricane Maria swept through, according to a representative for Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.
On top of that, a diesel fuel shortage and a tangle of blocked roads mean the distribution of supplies is extremely challenging. Even contacting drivers is a problem because cell towers are still down.
"When we say we that we don't have truck drivers, we mean that we have not been able to contact them," Rosselló said.

On Thursday the White House authorized a 10-day waiver of the Jones Act, a federal law that limits shipping to US ports by foreign vessels. Puerto Rico's governor and other US officials had argued that a waiver would expedite supplies to the island.
But as Ayala has indicated, shipping companies already have aid and supplies either waiting at the port to be delivered -- or held up at ports on the US mainland.
Of the 3,000 containers that Crowley alone had sent to San Juan's port as of Wednesday, only 4% had been dispatched from there, Ayala said.

Cell towers down, roads washed out, and the US military, which has a huge number of helicopters, not called in to distribute the supplies. Just another example of the failure of the Trump Presidency.
They loaded up helo's in c130's and put them down there. They had the helo's off a LHA and a LHD............they were flying around the clock................

The staff back then said they had to open up the roads to get better supplies in because you can only get so much in by helo........when you are supplying 3 million people.

This was a massive effort no matter how you push the BS political narrative.......it's pathetic.

Every stinking thread is now about the BS being spread over Puerto Rico............

Why don't you lying asses..........fitting symbol of the Dem party..........just post a thousand of them already......You need to tell your lies more often looking for some sucker dumb enough to belief them.

But not worse than Maria

That was 10/26/2017

the US gives the most charity/help to the world which includes aircraft carriers/helo carriers/choppers/LCACs/etc for help in natural disasters
So, where were they for Maria and Puerto Rico. The citizens of Puerto Rico are Americans.
what does it matter ?

They loaded up helo's in c130's and put them down there. They had the helo's off a LHA and a LHD............they were flying around the clock................

The staff back then said they had to open up the roads to get better supplies in because you can only get so much in by helo........when you are supplying 3 million people.

This was a massive effort no matter how you push the BS political narrative.......it's pathetic.

"PATHETIC" ? Yep, sure was :rolleyes-41:

30darcy-puertorico3jpg-95bef9106b3ed023.jpg

05darcy-trump2jpg-772110bee4cfbe7b.jpg

453.gif

"PATHETIC" ? Yep, sure was :rolleyes-41:

30darcy-puertorico3jpg-95bef9106b3ed023.jpg

05darcy-trump2jpg-772110bee4cfbe7b.jpg

453.gif
Factually challenged... You are!

Only 22 deaths were attributed to Maria according to FEMA. The other were attributed to old age and the governmental miss-management by Puerto Rican government leaders, Supply hoarding by union bosses in control of ports, and outright democrat corruption.

Now why would you deflect from DEMOCRAT MALFEASANCE, in office, resulting in thousands of deaths?

Only 22 deaths were attributed to Maria according to FEMA. The other were attributed to old age and the governmental miss-management by Puerto Rican government leaders, Supply hoarding by union bosses in control of ports, and outright democrat corruption.

Now why would you deflect from DEMOCRAT MALFEASANCE, in office, resulting in thousands of deaths?

Trump's FEMA said that and then backed it up with statistics? WoW .. AMAZING! :rolleyes-41:

Uhhhmmm NO

The director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency on Sunday treaded carefully into the conversation over President Trump’s controversial comments on the death toll in Puerto Rico from last fall’s Hurricane Maria.

Speaking to Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday,” FEMA chief Brock Long said that the agency itself does not conduct a count of how many people die because of the storm, but added that it’s hard to make an accurate judgment of how many people were actually killed by Maria.

“I think the president is fully supportive and supportive of FEMA and he realizes the mission that we went in to help support was incredibly complex,” Long said. “There is a difference between direct deaths and indirect deaths.”​

FEMA director says there's 'difference between direct deaths and indirect deaths' in Puerto Rico, following Trump remarks

PS: Would it be particularly surprising to you if the Trump White House posted propaganda on the WH web pages? If so, I can't help.

Last edited:
upload_2018-9-16_12-33-35.png

15 Deaths so far but unfortunetly for the Democrats they cannot be blamed on Trump

Trump's FEMA said that and then backed it up with statistics? WoW .. AMAZING! :rolleyes-41:

Uhhhmmm NO

The director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency on Sunday treaded carefully into the conversation over President Trump’s controversial comments on the death toll in Puerto Rico from last fall’s Hurricane Maria.

Speaking to Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday,” FEMA chief Brock Long said that the agency itself does not conduct a count of how many people die because of the storm, but added that it’s hard to make an accurate judgment of how many people were actually killed by Maria.

“I think the president is fully supportive and supportive of FEMA and he realizes the mission that we went in to help support was incredibly complex,” Long said. “There is a difference between direct deaths and indirect deaths.”​

FEMA director says there's 'difference between direct deaths and indirect deaths' in Puerto Rico, following Trump remarks

PS: Would it be particularly surprising to you if the Trump White House posted propaganda on the WH web pages? If so, I can't help.

Meanwhile the Government of Puerto Rico couldn't make up their mind for a while on how many died:

From Wikipedia,

Hurricane Maria death toll controversy

"Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico as a high-end Category 4 hurricane on September 20, 2017, resulting in the island's most severe natural disaster in modern history. The entire island suffered devastating effects with the entire population losing access to electricity, the majority losing access to clean water, tens of thousands of homes destroyed, and road infrastructure left crippled. A series of cascading infrastructure failures compounded the direct effects of the hurricane; scores of people died from lack of aid, electricity, water, and access to medical care. The territory's elderly and poor population were most impacted.

Despite the severity of these impacts, the Government of Puerto Rico reported that only 64 people died in the hurricane. Numerous media outlets harshly criticized the government for suppressing the true death toll. Investigative reporting corroborated these accusations, with The New York Times finding upwards of 1,000 potentially hurricane-related fatalities in the months following Maria. In response to mounting accusations of a coverup, the government ordered an independent investigation of the death toll and contracted the Milken Institute School of Public Health on December 18, 2017.

In February 2018, CNN and Puerto Rico's Center for Investigative Journalism filed three lawsuits against the Government of Puerto Rico to obtain details on deaths in the months following Maria. Following a court ruling, the government released the withheld information. Statistical data showed an increase of 1,427 deaths in 2017 as compared to the preceding four years; however, the number attributable to Maria could not be determined. On August 28, the Government of Puerto Rico revised the official death toll to be 2,975 people, ranking Maria as one of the deadliest hurricanes in United States history. The official estimate is based on a study commissioned by the governor of Puerto Rico,[1] where researchers at George Washington University developed statistical models showing the number of excess deaths for the time period between September 2017 and February 2018 to be between 2,658–3,290 (with a 95 percent confidence interval).[2] Researchers attribute the discrepancy with the initially reported death count to "lack of awareness of appropriate death certification practices after a natural disaster" among physicians reporting deaths to vital statistic agencies.[2] "

bolding mine

The government still doesn't know WHO or how many really died there since it is a poorly run nation.

You are a proven Trump hater, get over it and grow up!

Last edited:
But not worse than Maria

Without knowing that you did you posted the evidence showing just how stupid local government officials were (and still are):
"Part of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work
On top of that, a diesel fuel shortage and a tangle of blocked roads mean the distribution of supplies is extremely challenging"

Anywhere else, where the command structure officials know what they are doing they anticipate that roads will very likely be unusable for trucks after a major storm. What kind of idiot would try and get all the truck drivers for trucks which they can`t even fuel up and can`t go anywhere because the roads are blocked ?
Simple answer:...it takes a Democrat, as usual !
It`s only a problem for people with a low IQ. Anybody else would have used every driver and transport before the storm hits to evacuate as many people as possible to the locations that can later be supplied before the storm makes the roads unusable....which is what anybody else has been doing every where else.
correction : anywhere else where Democrats are not in charge.
Perhaps it was not possible to truck & bus people well in advance because having the diesel fuel to do it is not something Democrats would consider. They rather wait for the availability of electric powered transport in order to save the planet, rather than saving the local population.

But not worse than Maria

Link? Other than the lies of the orange clown.

Forum List

Back