Flooding is the New Normal in Miami In Miami, sea-level rise is not a problem for future generations

Flooding is the New Normal in Miami In Miami, sea-level rise is not a problem for future generations. It’s a present-day reality.
Navarrete’s garage now floods about once every other month. She often has to wear rainboots just to get to her car.

Navarrete: “And sometimes the water would be higher than that. So I couldn’t wear my boots because otherwise I would get the water inside the boots. So then we have to go barefoot, which is disgusting.”

And when the moon, earth, and sun align, tides are even higher than usual. They’re called king tides, and last for about a week. During king tides, Navarrete’s garage floods twice a day.
Flooding is the new normal in Miami - Yale Climate Connections
I hope the government can help this poor women find a new home.
Flooding is the New Normal in Miami In Miami, sea-level rise is not a problem for future generations. It’s a present-day reality.
Navarrete’s garage now floods about once every other month. She often has to wear rainboots just to get to her car.

Navarrete: “And sometimes the water would be higher than that. So I couldn’t wear my boots because otherwise I would get the water inside the boots. So then we have to go barefoot, which is disgusting.”

And when the moon, earth, and sun align, tides are even higher than usual. They’re called king tides, and last for about a week. During king tides, Navarrete’s garage floods twice a day.

That's rain water flooding you moron. Did you even read the link?

Sounds like piss poor urban planning for the development if they get bad flooding every time it rains. It has nothing to do with sea levels rising, especially since sea levels aren't rising with any significance.
you didn't know that poor rain sewers are affected by CO2?

.... It has nothing to do with sea levels rising, especially since sea levels aren't rising with any significance.
Flooding during rainfall does have a lot to do with sea level rise. The coastal areas drain into the ocean. If the land area is only three feet above sea level there is only a three foot gravitational assist in drainage. If the ocean rises one foot, there is only a two foot gravitational assist. The drainage flow pressure is reduced significantly and the water is backed up like in a slow draining kitchen sink.
we have viaducts that flood during rainstorms in Chicago, you think that is from sea level rise?

Go easier on the weed, jc, old boy, it is showing in your posts. The people in Miami and other areas on the east coast are noting the increasing number of times a year they have flooding, and the depth of the floods. Water in the house is no fun, and salt water is even worse.

Sounds like piss poor urban planning for the development if they get bad flooding every time it rains. It has nothing to do with sea levels rising, especially since sea levels aren't rising with any significance.

What is "any significance" exactly?

So little that land masses rising and falling have more of an effect for coastal areas. If people are dumb enough to build on the coast right at sea level, we're expected to help pay for their relocation? No. That is a risk they took when buying/building such a property. All structures built on the coast should account for sea rise from storm levels, so crying about a few millimeters rise is ridiculous.

Well, what's the few millimeters here?

Sea-Level-Rise-and-Global-Warming-Infographic-Fact1_Full-Size.jpg

The reason why Miami floods all the time now is due to the damming of the streams and rivers that used to replenish the beaches. Sand loss is THE primary cause of beach erosion. But never let a thing like a scientific fact interfere with your politics eh weirdo? Here you go a 1960's educational film that explains it very well. View at your peril....understanding the real science of what is happening might cause your head to explode.

Go easier on the weed, jc, old boy, it is showing in your posts. The people in Miami and other areas on the east coast are noting the increasing number of times a year they have flooding, and the depth of the floods. Water in the house is no fun, and salt water is even worse.
how's it any different? is the flooding during rain or during sunshine?

What is "any significance" exactly?

So little that land masses rising and falling have more of an effect for coastal areas. If people are dumb enough to build on the coast right at sea level, we're expected to help pay for their relocation? No. That is a risk they took when buying/building such a property. All structures built on the coast should account for sea rise from storm levels, so crying about a few millimeters rise is ridiculous.

Well, what's the few millimeters here?

Sea-Level-Rise-and-Global-Warming-Infographic-Fact1_Full-Size.jpg

What a load of horseshit!!! I've been going to Galveston for the last 45 years and there has been no change in the water levels.

well Old Rocks, I'm waiting.

Last edited:
The reason why Miami floods all the time now is due to the damming of the streams and rivers that used to replenish the beaches.

How does beach erosion cause salt water to bubble up from the storm drains and flood Miami and other cities? Go on, explain the physics behind that. Any deniers, feel free to help Westwall out.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...warming-increases-nuisance-flooding.html?_r=0

The rising sea level explains it perfectly. That, and the direct measurements of rising sea levels, is why all the sane and honest people understand such sunny day flooding is due to rising sea levels.

Deniers cultists, alas, have their own alternate-reality theories. Those theories don't explain the floods on sunny days, but it's not like deniers have ever cared before that their crazy theories are always contradicted by reality.

The reason why Miami floods all the time now is due to the damming of the streams and rivers that used to replenish the beaches.

How does beach erosion cause salt water to bubble up from the storm drains and flood Miami and other cities? Go on, explain the physics behind that. Any deniers, feel free to help Westwall out.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...warming-increases-nuisance-flooding.html?_r=0

Rising sea levels explain it perfectly. That, and the direct measurements of rising sea levels, is why all the sane and honest people understand such sunny day flooding due to rising sea levels.

Deniers cultists, alas, have their own alternate-reality theories. Those theories don't explain the floods on sunny days, but it's not like deniers have ever cared before that their crazy theories are always contradicted by reality.
does it bubble up during the rain or in sunshine?

NY-CI392_TIMEWA_P_20130508182247.jpg

Rising seas and climate change are such a major issue to media titan Time Warner that they've finally decided to move their corporate headquarters to the waterfront

does it bubble up during the rain or in sunshine?

As that question was answered directly in the post and the link, why are you asking? It's bubbling up on sunny days and rainy days, whenever the tide is high.

Oh, that's right. You're just trolling. You have nothing to offer the discussion, so you're trying to derail it.

If you have nothing intelligent to say, how about not saying it here?

Rising seas and climate change are such a major issue to media titan Time Warner that they've finally decided to move their corporate headquarters to the waterfront

So, you've showed that an extremely conservative corporation thinks it can bribe corrupt Republican congressmen into bailing them out of their flooding problems with taxpayer money.

What does that have to do with the fact that sea levels are rising and causing flooding problems?

Sheesh. During sunshine, and especially during times rain and king tides happen at the same time.

This map shows a very large increase in the flooding days.

So, you've showed that an extremely conservative corporation thinks it can bribe corrupt Republican congressmen into bailing them out of their flooding problems with taxpayer money.

What does that have to do with the fact that sea levels are rising and causing flooding problems?

^ Greatest Flail in the History of USMB

Sheesh. During sunshine, and especially during times rain and king tides happen at the same time.

This map shows a very large increase in the flooding days.
I didn't see anything in there that proves sunnyday flooding other than a write up on it.

See you didn't answer the question to the OP. so was that flooding during rain or sunshine? It's a simple question. And again, what is the difference from Chicago during our rainy days?

The rising sea level explains it perfectly. That, and the direct measurements of rising sea levels, is why all the sane and honest people understand such sunny day flooding is due to rising sea levels.

Wow. You really ARE that stupid. Beach erosion allows salt water to invade the fresh water aquifers you ignoramus..

Wow. You really ARE that stupid. Beach erosion allows salt water to invade the fresh water aquifers you ignoramus..
giphy.gif

Beach erosion allows salt water to invade the fresh water aquifers you ignoramus..

That evasion doesn't answer the question. You obviously stink at the fundamentals of fluid mechanics. That goes along with how you stink at the fundamentals of all science.

When the ground water was fresh water, fresh water didn't previously come bubbling up out of the storm drains on sunny days with high tides.

Now that the ground water is salt water, it does come bubbling up out of the storm drains on sunny days with high tides.

Something has put more pressure behind that water. Simply substituting salt water for fresh would not do such a thing. So what could?

The sane and intelligent people can easily answer that question. Higher sea level is the driving force. The underground water is linked to the sea through porous rock, so it will rise to match sea levels. The sea levels are rising to levels never historically seen before, so water is rising out of the storm drains to match.

So, how does your theory explain it?

Beach erosion allows salt water to invade the fresh water aquifers you ignoramus..

That evasion doesn't answer the question. You obviously stink at the fundamentals of fluid mechanics. That goes along with how you stink at the fundamentals of all science.

When the ground water was fresh water, fresh water didn't previously come bubbling up out of the storm drains on sunny days with high tides.

Now that the ground water is salt water, it does come bubbling up out of the storm drains on sunny days with high tides.

Something has put more pressure behind that water. Simply substituting salt water for fresh would not do such a thing. So what could?

The sane and intelligent people can easily answer that question. Higher sea level is the driving force. The underground water is linked to the sea through porous rock, so it will rise to match sea levels. The sea levels are rising to levels never historically seen before, so water is rising out of the storm drains to match.

So, how does your theory explain it?
I see there is little hope for you. that you don't understand what west stated. hmmmmmmmm. wow. :itsok:

When all the transplanted New York Jooz start selling their valuable seaside property for pennies on the dollar, come tell us all about how they're going to get flooded out.

Forum List

Back