Flint, Michigan under boil water advisory after major water main break

Why in a first world country is this allowed to happen and continue over years? We should be investing in repairing this mess.

i lay this at Governor Whitmer's feet, not that Rick Snyder did a good job either

The real problem is that they put something this important in the hands of the government.

We don't have this kind of bullshit here in Pennsylvania as Aqua America owns the water system and processes the utility for this.

Flint should have sold their water works a long fucking time ago, since they apparently couldn't handle it.

This is going to take some OPM to fix it.

The OP can't just leave it broken because that would start the disintegration of the country!

And the very wealthy can't just build gated communities because they would still have to go to the cadillac store and the stench of rotting bodies would offend their sensibilities!

What to do?

Oh, didn't we talk about socially responsible capitalism today?

The real problem is that they put something this important in the hands of the government.

We don't have this kind of bullshit here in Pennsylvania as Aqua America owns the water system and processes the utility for this.

Flint should have sold their water works a long fucking time ago, since they apparently couldn't handle it.

Flint is a shinning example of the failures of leftism.

• Banned
it used to be you'd have fancy cars in flint, and you couldn't drink the water in mexico. now it's the other way around, my friend

Shit happens...Shit gets fixed..then shit happens yet again.....
Flint is in a Democrat state with a Democrat Governor and Democrats in the White House. You would think they could get some infrastructure money to fix their water problems. Heck, I thought they already had, when they were giving all their kids lead poisoning with their water last year or year before last.

Flint is in a Democrat state with a Democrat Governor and Democrats in the White House. You would think they could get some infrastructure money to fix their water problems. Heck, I thought they already had, when they were giving all their kids lead poisoning with their water last year or year before last.
I am sure they waited until federal funds were available.

I am sure they waited until federal funds were available.
Much better than raising local property taxes to fund ongoing maintenance for their city, eh?:auiqs.jpg:

of course.
Why not just SELL the waterworks to a private concern that can deal with the water delivery problems without raising taxes at all?

Like we do in the civilized parts of America.

Since when is selling water a governmental function?

Why not just SELL the waterworks to a private concern that can deal with the water delivery problems without raising taxes at all?

Since they decided to do it.

It is a manciple function in most places in the US.

Since they decided to do it.

Fair enough I guess. But the government made a tremendous error in encroaching on Private Enterprise here.

And the people of Flint would agree I think.

If they got their water from Aqua America or another private source, they wouldn't be having the kind of problems they are enduring now.

Forum List

Back