Flashback: Chemical Weapons In Syria Include WMDs Shipped From Iraq

Investors.com is a a bucket of piss poured for consumption by rubes.

Any chemical weapons that may or may not have been taken from Iraq and brought to Syria expired many years ago. Many of the WMDs found in Iraq predate the first Gulf War.

So the claims the chemical weapons Syria has today came from Iraq are bogus.

Syria is a client state of Iran. Remember Iran? "Axis of Evil"? Does it help if I remind you it's that place you all wanted to invade a short while ago? Yeah. Look there for your WMD sources.
Syrian influence killed 1700 American troops since Saddam's fall. They trained units there and sent them over the border in Iraq with specialized killing techniques to get our soldiers.

Mr. Assad has had his finger in every hate-America pie for decades now. His war crimes went against the UN Charter, and his WOMDs against his own people have too.

Syria doesn't need to pay homage to Iran. They do enough bad things to our troops to discredit themselves to the underworld and back.

then why not declare all out war on them and nuke the entire country into radioactive dust?

how is blowing up a few buildings and runways going to "punish" Assad?

And it is for that reason alone I oppose any military action against Syria.

I didn't read the OP link because the quote is old news to me. In fact, anyone who bothered to watch the news, even CNN, during the Gulf War is aware that the U.N. inspectors did indeed find remnants of chemical labs. Of course, they didn't make a big deal out of it. They found containers hidden and other things indicating that there was once a functioning chemical lab. The news also played taped phone conversations of the Iraqi officials. They talked about the coming arrival of U.N. inspectors and stated that the trucks needed to be loaded and gone fast. What they were moving just ahead of the inspectors was likely chemical weapons. The fact that trucks were being loaded and moved out prior to the scheduled U.N. inspectors' arrival told much of the story, yet the U.N. continued to give them a head's up before coming for inspections. It was no surprise to anyone paying attention that the inspectors would come up empty handed. If you close your eyes and count to a hundred, don't expect to catch anyone red handed. The surprising thing was that the inspectors and the media acted as if their pitiful search would actually have found any weapons that existed. Speculation was that those loaded trucks were moving out of Iraq and taking the chemical weapons to another location, such as Syria. The way the media, the liberals and the U.N. handled the matter, it was obvious that they did not want to find any WMDs. They refused to do anything that might give credibility to Bush.

Why are liberals acting so surprised that the WMDs finally surfaced after all these years and are being used for their intended purpose- to kill innocent people? Of course, if Bush or any Republican was in office, this latest attack would be ignored like most of them, however since the Muslim Brotherhood would like to impose on Obama for yet another favor, the left is twisting themselves into a knot trying to justify our involvement despite some similarities between Iraq in 2003 and Syria 2013. The biggest difference is that this time we would actually be helping the al Qaeda terrorists instead of hunting them.

except that the ingredients needed to make sarin gas can be stored for quite a while

Yeah, I know I wasn't talking out of my backside.

My proof is the US munition M687.

In M687, methylphosphonyl difluoride (military name: DF, a Schedule 1 chemical) and a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and isopropyl amine (known as OPA) are held in chambers within the weapon, separated by a partition. When the weapon is fired, acceleration causes the partition to break, and the precursors are mixed by the rotation of the weapon in flight, producing sarin nerve gas.

Isopropyl alcohol has an infinite shelf life, so as it stands, isopropyls have a high shelf life, exceeding that of just 5 years. Isopropylamine stored in salt form can last for longer than 5 years, until it is combined as it is in the weapon M687.

So you're saying that the Sarin used by Syria could last up to 20 years based on the evidence found by David Kaye that Iraq hadn't produced any chemical weapons since the Gulf War in the early 1990s?

except that the ingredients needed to make sarin gas can be stored for quite a while

Yeah, I know I wasn't talking out of my backside.

My proof is the US munition M687.

In M687, methylphosphonyl difluoride (military name: DF, a Schedule 1 chemical) and a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and isopropyl amine (known as OPA) are held in chambers within the weapon, separated by a partition. When the weapon is fired, acceleration causes the partition to break, and the precursors are mixed by the rotation of the weapon in flight, producing sarin nerve gas.

Isopropyl alcohol has an infinite shelf life, so as it stands, isopropyls have a high shelf life, exceeding that of just 5 years. Isopropylamine stored in salt form can last for longer than 5 years, until it is combined as it is in the weapon M687.

So you're saying that the Sarin used by Syria could last up to 20 years based on the evidence found by David Kaye that Iraq hadn't produced any chemical weapons since the Gulf War in the early 1990s?

Yeah, if you store something like isopropylamine as a salt instead of a liquid or gas form, it can last indefinitely.

Forum List

Back