Flashback: Chemical Weapons In Syria Include WMDs Shipped From Iraq

So what now? I was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iraq had no WMDs. I have been quoted that Bush was wrong for going into Iraq for that reason. HOWEVER, this has come to my attention. This seems to be solid proof that Iraq moved it's chemical weapons into Syria in early 2003. So, why do people believe that there were no WMD's? Because they wanted to make Bush look bad when and if the war ended during his presidency.

The media is fond of saying, without question, that there were no WMDs found in Iraq.

This has always been untrue and easily refuted, if media did anything other than parrot the party line.

The question isn’t about whether there were WMDs. The question has been how have we been letting the media get away with misstating the facts for all these years when ample evidence was there.

As the military reported, after we went into Iraq, chemical weapons, facilities and residue were in fact found, and kept being found for years afterward.

Via NY Post from 2010:

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.

The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons arsenal — most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.

Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
Note here that the present DNI James Clapper said in 2007 that much of the WMDs in Iraq had in fact been shipped to Syria.

This article notes in detail some of the shipments, that were in fact done with the assistance of Russia:

Via IBD from 2012:

War On Terror: As the regime of Bashar Assad disintegrates, the security of his chemical arsenal is in jeopardy. The No. 2 general in Saddam Hussein’s air force says they were the WMDs we didn’t find in Iraq.

King Abdullah of neighboring Jordan warned that a disintegrating Syria on the verge of civil war puts Syria’s stockpile of chemical weapons at risk of falling into the hands of al-Qaeda.

“One of the worst-case scenarios as we are obviously trying to look for a political solution would be if some of those chemical stockpiles were to fall into unfriendly hands,” he said.

The irony here is that the chemical weapons stockpile of Syrian thug Assad may in large part be the legacy of weapons moved from Hussein’s Iraq into Syria before Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Flashback: Chemical Weapons In Syria Include WMDs Shipped From Iraq | Weasel Zippers

Chemical weapons like sarin gas have a VERY short shelf life. Look it up!

"Well, I want to make it clear, very clear to everybody in the world that we had the weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, and the regime used them against our Iraqi people...I know it because I have got the captains of the Iraqi airway that were my friends, and they told me these weapons of mass destruction had been moved to Syria. Iraq had some projects for nuclear weapons but it was destroyed in 1981"

-Georges Sada, former Iraqi National Security Advisor and retired general officer of the Iraqi Air Force, former Air Vice Marshal under Saddam Hussein

Also, this was reported as far back as 2003:

WASHINGTON — The director of a top U.S. spy agency said Tuesday that he believes that material from Iraq's illicit weapons program had been transported into Syria and perhaps other countries as part of an effort by the Iraqis to disperse and destroy evidence immediately before the recent war.

The official, James Clapper Jr., a retired lieutenant general, said satellite imagery showing a heavy flow of traffic from Iraq into Syria, just before the U.S. invasion in March, led him to believe that illicit weapons material "unquestionably" had been moved out of Iraq.

"I think people below the Saddam-Hussein-and-his-sons level saw what was coming and decided the best thing to do was to destroy and disperse," Clapper, who leads the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, said at a breakfast with reporters.

Syria said to have Iraq arms - Chicago Tribune

So what now? I was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iraq had no WMDs. I have been quoted that Bush was wrong for going into Iraq for that reason. HOWEVER, this has come to my attention. This seems to be solid proof that Iraq moved it's chemical weapons into Syria in early 2003. So, why do people believe that there were no WMD's? Because they wanted to make Bush look bad when and if the war ended during his presidency.

The media is fond of saying, without question, that there were no WMDs found in Iraq.

This has always been untrue and easily refuted, if media did anything other than parrot the party line.

The question isn’t about whether there were WMDs. The question has been how have we been letting the media get away with misstating the facts for all these years when ample evidence was there.

As the military reported, after we went into Iraq, chemical weapons, facilities and residue were in fact found, and kept being found for years afterward.

Via NY Post from 2010:

Note here that the present DNI James Clapper said in 2007 that much of the WMDs in Iraq had in fact been shipped to Syria.

This article notes in detail some of the shipments, that were in fact done with the assistance of Russia:

Via IBD from 2012:
Flashback: Chemical Weapons In Syria Include WMDs Shipped From Iraq | Weasel Zippers

You are a freaking parrot on g5's shoulder, Mustang and both of you have been thoroughly debunked.

After an alleged chemical attack near Aleppo, Syria, Lt. Gen. McInerney was asked what the chances were that the chemicals weapons came from Iraq.

“I think there is a high probability of that,” McInerney declared. “That’s conjecture, but we do know prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom, there was a lot of vehicles crossing the border into Syria. And there was a great deal of conjecture. A Iraqi major general swore by it. He said he delivered it. And so I think that it would be a very high probability if we could get into those bunkers that they would have Iraqi signatures on them.”

You are a freaking parrot on g5's shoulder, Mustang and both of you have been thoroughly debunked.

Look up chemical compounds like chemical agents. You'll find the information is not about someone's opinion. It's about chemistry and chemical bonds. The same holds true for many medications. They have a short shelf life and lose their efficacy after a relatively brief period of time. It's great news for the pharmaceutical industry.

Look up chemical compounds like chemical agents. You'll find the information is not about someone's opinion. It's about chemistry and chemical bonds. The same holds true for many medications. They have a short shelf life and lose their efficacy after a relatively brief period of time. It's great news for the pharmaceutical industry.

I did, you idiot, why was I posting things about it earlier? And what does the pharmaceutical industry have to do with this?

except that the ingredients needed to make sarin gas can be stored for quite a while

Yeah, I know I wasn't talking out of my backside.

My proof is the US munition M687.

In M687, methylphosphonyl difluoride (military name: DF, a Schedule 1 chemical) and a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and isopropyl amine (known as OPA) are held in chambers within the weapon, separated by a partition. When the weapon is fired, acceleration causes the partition to break, and the precursors are mixed by the rotation of the weapon in flight, producing sarin nerve gas.

Isopropyl alcohol has an infinite shelf life, so as it stands, isopropyls have a high shelf life, exceeding that of just 5 years. Isopropylamine stored in salt form can last for longer than 5 years, until it is combined as it is in the weapon M687.

It is funny how hard some people are trying to get Iran off the hook by making up shit about Syria's WMDs coming from Iraq.

There is ZERO evidence Syria's sarin came from Iraq.

Zero.

Chemistry-boi, finding a drum of blister agent in the sand in 2005 does not magically transform Syria's sarin into Iraqi sarin.

Then where, oh were did they get it, smartass?

Considering he said Iran, im not sure why you would expect his answer to be different.

Im quite confident they've gotten them from a number of places including Iran, Iraq, and possibly even Russia.

It is funny how hard some people are trying to get Iran off the hook by making up shit about Syria's WMDs coming from Iraq.

There is ZERO evidence Syria's sarin came from Iraq.

Zero.

Chemistry-boi, finding a drum of blister agent in the sand in 2005 does not magically transform Syria's sarin into Iraqi sarin.

Then where, oh were did they get it, smartass?

Considering he said Iran, im not sure why you would expect his answer to be different.

Im quite confident they've gotten them from a number of places including Iran, Iraq, and possibly even Russia.

I understand the possibility that they could have gotten it from multiple sources, not just Iraq.

I did, you idiot, why was I posting things about it earlier? And what does the pharmaceutical industry have to do with this?

What does the pharmaceutical industry have to do with chemistry? Are you obtuse? The POINT is that it's a well known fact in chemistry that artificially created compounds have a relatively short shelf life, hence their efficacy is limited. What that means for you people with critical thinking skills is that a person can't just open up a medicine cabinet (or a chemical weapons depot) after several years and have any expectation that what's there will still work. That means you have to go back and get a new prescription (or keep a production line going to produce whatever it is you want to use).

Likewise, this is one of the reasons that nukes had to be tested periodically because they were never truly sure if they were a ongoing viable deterrent if all of the parts (including the explosive charges used to create a critical mass atomic reaction) continued to work as designed.

Got it now?

Saddam's chemical weapons are now being used in Syria. Holy shit, you mean the UN was right? You mean Bush didn't lie? Clinton, Kennedy, Kerry, and the rest of congress did not screw up when they authorized and funded the Iraq invasion?

What does the pharmaceutical industry have to do with chemistry? Are you obtuse? The POINT is that it's a well known fact in chemistry that artificially created compounds have a relatively short shelf life, hence their efficacy is limited. What that means for you people with critical thinking skills is that a person can't just open up a medicine cabinet (or a chemical weapons depot) after several years and have any expectation that what's there will still work. That means you have to go back and get a new prescription (or keep a production line going to produce whatever it is you want to use).

Likewise, this is one of the reasons that nukes had to be tested periodically because they were never truly sure if they were a ongoing viable deterrent if all of the parts (including the explosive charges used to create a critical mass atomic reaction) continued to work as designed.

Got it now?

Nope. Your argument is a strawman. Specifically, I just told you how organic compounds such as isopropylamine can be stored as a salt, this increasing it's shelf life beyond the 5 year time frame. This renders your argument invalid, Mustang.

Got it now?

Isopropylamine salt of N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine; {Isopropylamine salt of glyphosate}

This is what I'm referring to. It has an AT MINIMUM shelf life of 5 years, which means that it can have a longer shelf life when stored and maintained properly. And to my surprise, Monsanto is using it as an herbicide.

Investors.com is a a bucket of piss poured for consumption by rubes.

Any chemical weapons that may or may not have been taken from Iraq and brought to Syria expired many years ago. Many of the WMDs found in Iraq predate the first Gulf War.

So the claims the chemical weapons Syria has today came from Iraq are bogus.

Syria is a client state of Iran. Remember Iran? "Axis of Evil"? Does it help if I remind you it's that place you all wanted to invade a short while ago? Yeah. Look there for your WMD sources.
Syrian influence killed 1700 American troops since Saddam's fall. They trained units there and sent them over the border in Iraq with specialized killing techniques to get our soldiers.

Mr. Assad has had his finger in every hate-America pie for decades now. His war crimes went against the UN Charter, and his WOMDs against his own people have too.

Syria doesn't need to pay homage to Iran. They do enough bad things to our troops to discredit themselves to the underworld and back.

Got it now?

Nope. Your argument is a strawman. Specifically, I just told you how organic compounds such as isopropylamine can be stored as a salt, this increasing it's shelf life beyond the 5 year time frame. This renders your argument invalid, Mustang.

Got it now?

It doesn't invalidate the argument at all. Plenty of compounds shelf life can be extended by reducing heat, light, exposure to moisture etc. But nothing lasts forever. Not even food or gasoline. Food can go bad, even become poisonous. Even freezers, and refrigerators, and canning, and freeze drying can only extend the shelf life of food for so long. Gasoline at some point won't even be able to run an engine. Ask a mechanic.

Got it now?

Got it now?

It doesn't invalidate the argument at all. Plenty of compounds shelf life can be extended by reducing heat, light, exposure to moisture etc. But nothing lasts forever. Not even food or gasoline. Food can go bad, even become poisonous. Even freezers, and refrigerators, and canning, and freeze drying can only extend the shelf life of food for so long. Gasoline at some point won't even be able to run an engine. Ask a mechanic.

You're still ignoring what I said about storing isopropylamine (the main component of Sarin gas) as a salt, Mustang. So yes your argument is invalid. Please try again.

Investors.com is a a bucket of piss poured for consumption by rubes.

Any chemical weapons that may or may not have been taken from Iraq and brought to Syria expired many years ago. Many of the WMDs found in Iraq predate the first Gulf War.

So the claims the chemical weapons Syria has today came from Iraq are bogus.

Syria is a client state of Iran. Remember Iran? "Axis of Evil"? Does it help if I remind you it's that place you all wanted to invade a short while ago? Yeah. Look there for your WMD sources.
Syrian influence killed 1700 American troops since Saddam's fall. They trained units there and sent them over the border in Iraq with specialized killing techniques to get our soldiers.

Mr. Assad has had his finger in every hate-America pie for decades now. His war crimes went against the UN Charter, and his WOMDs against his own people have too.

Syria doesn't need to pay homage to Iran. They do enough bad things to our troops to discredit themselves to the underworld and back.

then why not declare all out war on them and nuke the entire country into radioactive dust?

how is blowing up a few buildings and runways going to "punish" Assad?

Forum List

Back