Fixing the Nation

the left is not evil for refusing to compromise, the left is simply evil.

you do not compromise with evil.

Unless you want to be extinct.

How is the Left any more evil than the Right? I don't here the Left calling the Right evil or calling for them to be wiped out. The left may be full of idiots, but that doesn't make them evil.

And if you haven't been paying attention, being stubborn and not compromising isn't helping and won't any time soon. Not compromising is what will make the American way of life extinct.

Last edited:

How is the Left any more evil than the Right? I don't here the Left calling the Right evil or calling for them to be wiped out. The left may be full of idiots, but that doesn't make them evil.

if you can ask this question this just proves that you are still a very ignorant kid.

I do not tell it to denigrate you, not at all.

But it simply proves that you really do not know much.
educate yourself and you will understand why left can never be compared with right.

hint: look at the basic principles.

if you can ask this question this just proves that you are still a very ignorant kid.

I do not tell it to denigrate you, not at all.

But it simply proves that you really do not know much.
educate yourself and you will understand why left can never be compared with right.

hint: look at the basic principles.

I'm not comparing principles or morals. I'm talking about what's good for the country. Neither side will ever relent on anything, that much is obvious. The Right might be better economically, but I can't exactly say I'd be surprised if they inadvertently start WWIII. The Left would probably be more likely to keep the peace. Ex. Iraq, Afghanistan- Republican.
I guess my point is that since neither party is exactly doing the country any good in their prejudice and blind hate, how can either party call the other "evil"?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

the left would keep the peace?

you are not only ignorant, you are also not very bright.

WWII was started by two leftist superpowers of the day just to let you know.

Last edited:

And the nuclear war that would have resulted from the Cuban Missile Crisis was resolved by whom? JFK, a Democrat. Who started the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? George Bush, a Republican.

And I didn't say the left would keep the peace, I said they would keep it better than Republicans.

Republicans are 90% white.

Kind of says how the nation is divided.

Let's start with that. So what if a certain percentage of Republicans are white and a certain % of Dems are blah blah blah? Why should race matter in the first place? I have known many black people who are intelligent and I have known many whites to be intelligent as well. Both races are equally capable of coming to the table and bargaining on a solution to the nation's issues.

BTW, whites make up 72.4 % of the U.S' population. An abnormally large percentage of whites is to be expected.

Only an imbecile would think it's about white and black. Blacks aren't even the largest minority, Hispanics are.

It problem is the Republicans want to finish the jobs they started under Bush. Republicans are 90% white. The whites that are in the Democratic Party are the whites Republicans don't want. Like gays and scientists and feminists and college professors and atheists.

You have missed the point. The politicians in Washington are just reflecting the divisions present among the people. Washington cannot be dissolved and the people install a new goverment. If that happened the nation would formally divide and have two separate governments that would each be responsive to their people.

That's what should happen anyway.

Or, we could just grow up and realize that the country is made up of DIFFERENT types of people and that we NEED those "other" types.

I am conservative. I change slowly, checking progress along the way to be sure I can maintain my security and feel stability. I am not an adventurer or explorer. I don't get impulses to try something new. If the world were filled with Treshas, there would never have been a new world and we'd all be something like the Amish. I'd be just as happy there as here.

I have a dear friend who would literally curl up and die. She's a baby-wearing, cosleeping, unschooling, hairy armpit die hard liberal. If the world were full of Lauras, we would flit from policy change to policy change the moment any new research is published, no need for impact studies on the people of the community, just impact studies on the bugs or plants there.

We need moderates on both sides IMO and the trend to weed them out is frightening. Progressives pull us forward and conservatives operate the handbreaks to keep us from moving too fast to pull back when evidence shows the results are not as intended. What we have now is the extremes on both sides screetching about being right and the "other" being not only wrong but somehow bad. Not only are we ALL Americans, but we are better Americans for having the other side ... or at least we should be.

Several of you have said that compromise is what got this country into this mess. Well, there would not have been a country to mess up without compromise. In case you all have forgotten, this nation was founded on compromise after compromise because they were so much less arrogant. And which President got a new nation on firm financial ground and actually paid off much of America's foreign debt? George Washington, the President who warned that political parties would be the death of us.

You have missed the point. The politicians in Washington are just reflecting the divisions present among the people. Washington cannot be dissolved and the people install a new goverment. If that happened the nation would formally divide and have two separate governments that would each be responsive to their people.

That's what should happen anyway.

Or, we could just grow up and realize that the country is made up of DIFFERENT types of people and that we NEED those "other" types.

I am conservative. I change slowly, checking progress along the way to be sure I can maintain my security and feel stability. I am not an adventurer or explorer. I don't get impulses to try something new. If the world were filled with Treshas, there would never have been a new world and we'd all be something like the Amish. I'd be just as happy there as here.

I have a dear friend who would literally curl up and die. She's a baby-wearing, cosleeping, unschooling, hairy armpit die hard liberal. If the world were full of Lauras, we would flit from policy change to policy change the moment any new research is published, no need for impact studies on the people of the community, just impact studies on the bugs or plants there.

We need moderates on both sides IMO and the trend to weed them out is frightening. Progressives pull us forward and conservatives operate the handbreaks to keep us from moving too fast to pull back when evidence shows the results are not as intended. What we have now is the extremes on both sides screetching about being right and the "other" being not only wrong but somehow bad. Not only are we ALL Americans, but we are better Americans for having the other side ... or at least we should be.

Amen. And that system works because of compromise!

As long as the far left is power there will never be a fix to anything except to their spending other peoples money.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

And the nuclear war that would have resulted from the Cuban Missile Crisis was resolved by whom? JFK, a Democrat. Who started the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? George Bush, a Republican.

And I didn't say the left would keep the peace, I said they would keep it better than Republicans.

go open a book for once

not a leftard brainwashing instruction

go open a book for once

And what part of that was incorrect?

go open a book for once

And what part of that was incorrect?

I can only presume you are garnering great satisfaction from a poster who's single argument is, "Since you don't completely agree with me, you are an idiot".

And if you haven't been paying attention, being stubborn and not compromising isn't helping and won't any time soon. Not compromising is what will make the American way of life extinct.

How is the left more evil than the right? Do you like being dictated to? Do you like a philosophy that equates mankind with that of an ant colony?

You don't hear the left calling their opponents everything other than children of God? You don't hear them calling for the assassination of people? OPEN YOUR FUCKING EARS.

If they were merely idiots they would have an excuse for their behavior and the ideas they advance. If you paid attention to history and seen what every single leftist regime has done to it's subjects you wouldn't even consider :"compromising" with them.

Give them half your shit, let them fuck your wife, but don't offer up anything I have.

Are there any issues you would mind compromising on for the sake of this country's future, be it economical, social, or religious?

ahhhhh..., spoken by a true liberal commie, every time we Conservatives and some Republicans compromise with liberals we lose some more freedoms, e.g., liberal whiney cry babies said: "we just want you to stop smoking on airplanes", we did, then come the restaurant, "smoking or non smoking", now look at where smokers are today, smokers are the worst kind of human being there ever was.

gun control, there was a time (any period pre 1950) when a 12 y.o. boy/girl could walk into their local general store, buy a .22 rifle and a box of ammo and go squirrel hunting on his way home from school. today if a 12 y.o. boy/girl points their finger and says "BANG", instantly he/she is expelled from school and not allowed to return till a full psychological evaluation is made.

fucking liberals/democrats/RINOS have ruined this once great country. :up:

Since when did registered Republicans who voted Mitt become liberal commies? When did watching Fox News as your source of keeping up to date on the world become commie? When did being a pro-life Catholic become commie? When did being pro 2nd amendment make you a liberal cry baby? When did not giving a damn if kids said "Bang" and made hand-signs make you a country ruining RINO?

I may uphold Right values, but something isn't working. It is not just the left (although they are slightly more to blame than the right). Both sides need to come to the table and stop worrying about their pocketbooks instead of the freedom and prosperity of the nation.

How is that being a leftie?

And I was born in 1990, so I have no idea what the 50s were like.

Americans should always worry about their pocketbooks when making political decisions. That is what being free and independent is all about. We are not here to serve the government, nor to serve society. We have a duty to the society within which we live, and to the government that serves that society, but we are not indentured to either.

There is little compromise, because compromise is not a solution to our political problems. Conservatives believe the ship of state is headed toward the rocks, and liberals believe the rocks are too far away to worry about. Compromising on how fast the ship will go, is not a reasonable position for conservatives. We need to reverse direction while we still can.

However, the real solution to our political problems is to put the federal government back into the box specified by our Constitution, and allow the states to work these matters out. When a state screws up, we have the people of that state, forty-nine other states, and the federal government to fix things. When the federal government screws up, there is no one capable of bailing us out.

ahhhhh..., spoken by a true liberal commie, every time we Conservatives and some Republicans compromise with liberals we lose some more freedoms, e.g., liberal whiney cry babies said: "we just want you to stop smoking on airplanes", we did, then come the restaurant, "smoking or non smoking", now look at where smokers are today, smokers are the worst kind of human being there ever was.

gun control, there was a time (any period pre 1950) when a 12 y.o. boy/girl could walk into their local general store, buy a .22 rifle and a box of ammo and go squirrel hunting on his way home from school. today if a 12 y.o. boy/girl points their finger and says "BANG", instantly he/she is expelled from school and not allowed to return till a full psychological evaluation is made.

fucking liberals/democrats/RINOS have ruined this once great country. :up:

Since when did registered Republicans who voted Mitt become liberal commies? When did watching Fox News as your source of keeping up to date on the world become commie? When did being a pro-life Catholic become commie? When did being pro 2nd amendment make you a liberal cry baby? When did not giving a damn if kids said "Bang" and made hand-signs make you a country ruining RINO?

I may uphold Right values, but something isn't working. It is not just the left (although they are slightly more to blame than the right). Both sides need to come to the table and stop worrying about their pocketbooks instead of the freedom and prosperity of the nation.

How is that being a leftie?

And I was born in 1990, so I have no idea what the 50s were like.

Americans should always worry about their pocketbooks when making political decisions. That is what being free and independent is all about. We are not here to serve the government, nor to serve society. We have a duty to the society within which we live, and to the government that serves that society, but we are not indentured to either.

There is little compromise, because compromise is not a solution to our political problems. Conservatives believe the ship of state is headed toward the rocks, and liberals believe the rocks are too far away to worry about. Compromising on how fast the ship will go, is not a reasonable position for conservatives. We need to reverse direction while we still can.

However, the real solution to our political problems is to put the federal government back into the box specified by our Constitution, and allow the states to work these matters out. When a state screws up, we have the people of that state, forty-nine other states, and the federal government to fix things. When the federal government screws up, there is no one capable of bailing us out.

True, changing the ship speed doesn't help. But in order to turn the ship around, you have to have everyone willing to work together on it. You can't turn a ship around when the Captain and half of the crew say to go forward. And you won't convert them to your way of thinking if you constantly call them idiots. Work with them and let them see the light rather than bludgeon them over the head with it. Knowing the left though, they wouldn't just let you change the ship's direction.

How's this suggestion: Give the left leeway on social and international policy in exchange for control over the economy. The right fixes it, rides that wave into office, boots out failing leftist policies and voila! The right gets everything they want without starting a civil war or destroying the left completely. The worst that happens is that the left has social control for a few years.

How is the left more evil than the right? Do you like being dictated to? Do you like a philosophy that equates mankind with that of an ant colony?

You don't hear the left calling their opponents everything other than children of God? You don't hear them calling for the assassination of people? OPEN YOUR FUCKING EARS.

If they were merely idiots they would have an excuse for their behavior and the ideas they advance. If you paid attention to history and seen what every single leftist regime has done to it's subjects you wouldn't even consider :"compromising" with them.

Give them half your shit, let them fuck your wife, but don't offer up anything I have.

Who gave you the right to condemn someone's beliefs? True, the left regimes are corrupt, but not always the people. If you don't want to compromise, appeal to the democratic voter base. Leech their support away. But don't sit there and call them idiots 24/7. That doesn't make you any friends on the left. Believe it or not, America is still a democracy. The leaders on the left represent who people think would lead our nation the best. Either shut up, put up better candidates, or inform the Democrat voter base why they shouldn't vote for fools like Obama.

Clearly, blind partisanship and prejudice against our fellow Americans isn't working (Republicans and Democrats both are guilty). A broken people cannot act as one (just look to the middle east for proof). Perhaps compromise is the solution.:smiliehug:

Are there any issues you would mind compromising on for the sake of this country's future, be it economical, social, or religious?

My politics are generally conservative but I don't oppose abortion though I do believe there should be parental notification when it's a minor is that considered a compromise?

Forum List

Back