Fixing the GOP Part 6- Drop oppossition to Gay Marriage.

Young people support gay marriage. Old people don't. Old people will die sooner than young people. When old people die, young people won't change their mind, and they'll wonder why the GOP are dinosaurs.

Best to support it now rather than embed in future voters that the GOP are intolerant.

Young people support gay marriage. Old people don't. Old people will die sooner than young people. When old people die, young people won't change their mind, and they'll wonder why the GOP are dinosaurs.

Best to support it now rather than embed in future voters that the GOP are intolerant.

In 2016 the GOP should support what ever the state chooses. In say state rights!

Advertisers know that the most valuable demographic is young people, not old people. Why? Because they have the rest of their lives in front of them to spend on their product.

The GOP embedding the idea that they are intolerant to young people would make an ad man tell the GOP that it is damaging its brand with future voters.

Advertisers know that the most valuable demographic is young people, not old people. Why? Because they have the rest of their lives in front of them to spend on their product.

The GOP embedding the idea that they are intolerant to young people would make an ad man tell the GOP that it is damaging its brand with future voters.

Let's make marriage a state issue? Would that work.

If you want to make a state's rights issue, then the GOP should say "This is a state's rights issue, and we support gay marriage."

You were attacking the person defending liberty. You tell me. Just pointing out your inconsistency.

No, I was pointing out that as a strategy for the GOP, his position is faulty.

I support the libertarian position that the federal government should have nothing to do with marriage at all. But I'm not even in the GOP, so my opinion isn't what moves that party.

You were attacking the person defending liberty. You tell me. Just pointing out your inconsistency.

No, I was pointing out that as a strategy for the GOP, his position is faulty.

I support the libertarian position that the federal government should have nothing to do with marriage at all. But I'm not even in the GOP, so my opinion isn't what moves that party.

Whatever. You called a supporter of liberty, Comrade Stalin. It just doesn't make any sense, so it's your fault if someone gets the wrong impression.

Marriage is a state issue, that hasn’t changed.

And as long as the states are in compliance with Constitutional case law, they needn’t be concerned about suits being filed against them in Federal court.

When the states enact legislation that is offensive to the Constitution, however, or act in a manner in violation of their residents’ civil liberties, then the only remedy those residents have is to indeed file suit in Federal court.

It’s completely up to the states.

The reason the GOP rejected Romney is because he was not conservative. And the Christians wouldn't vote for a Mormon

But blacks and Hispanics and women all got a snuggly a dozen condoms and a phone car house and health care.

The reason the GOP rejected Romney is because he was not conservative. And the Christians wouldn't vote for a Mormon

But blacks and Hispanics and women all got a snuggly a dozen condoms and a phone car house and health care.

Seriously?

Frankly, even I don't believe that Romney's Mormonism hurt him. Should have, but no one wanted to talk about it.

and the notion he wasn't "conservative" is laughable.

Forum List

Back