Fixing Inequality

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well?

SNIP:

by Peter Morici 15 Jan 2014 50 post a comment

Inequality is replacing the American dream, because the U.S. economy--thanks to Washington’s mismanagement--is underperforming.

America still produces one fifth of the world’s goods and services, but accounts for a much smaller share of global growth. Many U.S. products are no longer the best in class. Consequently, the economy can’t adequately employ many of its college graduates, and wages are stagnant or falling for ordinary folks.

America still has great strengths. High labor productivity, coupled with rising wages in Asia, makes American workers a good value for global investors. There is cheaper energy, thanks to the onshore oil boom, that should attract new factories, but the promised flood of new jobs has only been a trickle.

To put it simply, the bureaucratic quagmire created by complex and ineffective business regulations makes it easier to produce in Asia than in America. The highest corporate tax rates among major industrialized countries make the cost of investing here too high.

It is increasingly difficult to refine and efficiently move oil to California and the Northeast--gasoline costs too much in Monterrey as does heating oil in Massachusetts.

ALL of it here
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/15/Fixing-Inequality

The only ones responsible for 'fixing inequality' are those who feel that they are not getting what they want or deserve...

The government is not there to take more from one to either give to you or have you pay a reduced rate for the same services, every time you have a tear in your eye because it makes you feel bad that you are not getting as much as the next guy

The only ones responsible for 'fixing inequality' are those who feel that they are not getting what they want or deserve...

The government is not there to take more from one to either give to you or have you pay a reduced rate for the same services, every time you have a tear in your eye because it makes you feel bad that you are not getting as much as the next guy

well that too, but the article is talking about Governments involvement in our economy

well?

SNIP:

Inequality is replacing the American dream, because the U.S. economy--thanks to Washington’s mismanagement--is underperforming.

America still produces one fifth of the world’s goods and services, but accounts for a much smaller share of global growth. Many U.S. products are no longer the best in class. Consequently, the economy can’t adequately employ many of its college graduates, and wages are stagnant or falling for ordinary folks.

America still has great strengths. High labor productivity, coupled with rising wages in Asia, makes American workers a good value for global investors. There is cheaper energy, thanks to the onshore oil boom, that should attract new factories, but the promised flood of new jobs has only been a trickle.

To put it simply, the bureaucratic quagmire created by complex and ineffective business regulations makes it easier to produce in Asia than in America. The highest corporate tax rates among major industrialized countries make the cost of investing here too high.

It is increasingly difficult to refine and efficiently move oil to California and the Northeast--gasoline costs too much in Monterrey as does heating oil in Massachusetts.

ALL of it here
Fixing Inequality

Breitbart? Doesn't anyone even think of using non-partisan resources for their news? I guess not.
The problem is the income growth is staying at the top. Wages are flat. Who determines wages? Who helped create this mess by shipping jobs out of the country?

Diamond Dave thinks "The only ones responsible for 'fixing inequality' are those who feel that they are not getting what they want or deserve..."
Surely Dave jests.
So it's the workers fault and the government's fault, right?
Yet, as productivity grew wages fell way behind. Yet when profits grew, wages remained generally flat. As taxes on Capital Gains and Dividends dropped, shipping jobs offshore grew. This all happened under deregulating Republicans and regulating Democrats.
The bottom line is this is not only hurting the US's most populated sector (the middle class/poor working classes, it's hurting the economy of America!
How Income Inequality Is Damaging the U.S.
How Income Inequality Is Damaging the U.S. - Forbes

Below are three charts dealing with worker productivity and wage growth, profit growth versus wage growth in Real Dollars and the off-shoring of American jobs.

Attachments

• $ted_20110224.png
    $ted_20110224.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 71
  • $images83SJI4AX.jpg
    $images83SJI4AX.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 78
  • $Jobs-Offshored-Annual.jpg
    $Jobs-Offshored-Annual.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 70
Proving again you cannot read charts.

Anyway, no one talked about inequality as a problem during the Bush years. The reason being rising wages overall. When everyone is doing better than they did, no one thinks about how the next guy is REALLY doing better and I'm just stagnating. No, this is the result of the Obama Era policies of crony capitalism and stagnation.

well?

SNIP:

ALL of it here
Fixing Inequality

Breitbart? Doesn't anyone even think of using non-partisan resources for their news? I guess not.
The problem is the income growth is staying at the top. Wages are flat. Who determines wages? Who helped create this mess by shipping jobs out of the country?

Diamond Dave thinks "The only ones responsible for 'fixing inequality' are those who feel that they are not getting what they want or deserve..."
Surely Dave jests.
Yet, as productivity grew wages fell way behind. Yet when profits grew, wages remained generally flat. As taxes on Capital Gains and Dividends dropped, shipping jobs offshore grew. This all happened under deregulating Republicans and regulating Democrats.
The bottom line is this is not only hurting the US's most populated sector (the middle class/poor working classes, it's hurting the economy of America!

Below are three charts dealing with worker productivity and wage growth, profit growth versus wage growth in Real Dollars and the off-shoring of American jobs.

You couldn't just say here's another take on it and then post the link from Forbes?
so what was wrong with the article from Breitbart?

Inequality can't be fixed except by an incredible amount of tyranny. Freedom and equality are mutually exclusive terms.

Anyway, no one talked about inequality as a problem during the Bush years. The reason being rising wages overall. When everyone is doing better than they did, no one thinks about how the next guy is REALLY doing better and I'm just stagnating. No, this is the result of the Obama Era policies of crony capitalism and stagnation.

There you go again. It's very, very obvious it is you who can't read charts.
These charts were put together by experts and economists explaining exactly what I'm posting.
Accusing me with having the inability to read charts that have an obvious story is your way of deflecting facts.

These charts were put together by experts and economists explaining exactly what I'm posting.
Accusing me with having the inability to read charts that have an obvious story is your way of deflecting facts.

OK, I figured you would just ignore it,but no.
SO, Mr Smart Guy, please explain exactly what is shown in each chart and how it supports your thesis.

well?

SNIP:

ALL of it here
Fixing Inequality

Surely Dave jests.

You couldn't just say here's another take on it and then post the link from Forbes?

Forbes is not liberal, it's conservative. Please go to Conservapedia Website's list of conservative media:
Conservative media - Conservapedia
What's wrong with Breitbart? It's nothing but far right opinion. It's as balanced as the HuffPost!

Surely Dave jests.

Forbes is not liberal, it's conservative. Please go to Conservapedia Website's list of conservative media:
Conservative media - Conservapedia
What's wrong with Breitbart? It's nothing but far right opinion. It's as balanced as the HuffPost!

I subscribe to Forbes and it has very liberal articles in it.

OK, I figured you would just ignore it,but no.
SO, Mr Smart Guy, please explain exactly what is shown in each chart and how it supports your thesis.

I've wasted my time explaining charts in the past. You refuse "to get it" because you just plain don't want to.
I have a job, I don't have the time like some folks, to sit on USMB all day and try to explain something to someone like yourself. I take it you never completed college.

well that too, but the article is talking about Governments involvement in our economy

Actually, exportation of jobs is a direct result of capitalism==> labor is treated as a mere commodity, and is priced accordingly. The cheapest stock is purchased when no regulation exists that prevents it. This isn't rocket science.

The best thing the government can do is abandon it's pro-corporate "low inflation" philosophy and adopt a pro-worker "full employment" philosophy. That should be apparent to everyone, but for some reason it isn't.

We don't have to fix inequality, since it is not an issue.

All your resources are strongly partisan except for The Economist.
I subscribe to The Economist. Do you ever read the magazine?
Growing apart
Inequality: Growing apart | The Economist

For richer, for poorer

For richer, for poorer | The Economist

Inequality and the world economy
True Progressivism
Inequality and the world economy: True Progressivism | The Economist

In The Economist's perspective, income inequality is an issue. Look at the many times it has addressed this real issue.
Economic Inequality | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance

Last edited:
Inequality can't be fixed except by an incredible amount of tyranny. Freedom and equality are mutually exclusive terms.

So… we're not FREE to fix a broken system.

How defeatist.

The rest of America is not ready to accept that failure.

Fox%2BNews%2Brich%2Bpeople%2Bpaying%2Brich%2Bpeople%2Bto%2Btell%2Bmiddle%2Bclass%2Bpeople%2Bto%2Bblame%2Bpoor%2Bpeople.jpg

Forum List

Back