fitness suggestions

Widdekind

Mar 26, 2012
(1) easy to do 200 pushups per day… simply break the 200 down, into tens and twenties, during the day, whenever you think of it

(2) always exercise, immediately after eating, and consuming calories… that trains the body, to perceive food, as "for something", "for building and maintaining muscle mass", and not for purely putting on pounds

I can't do 200 push ups in a day. I can manage only five at once, and that's an improvement over the zero I could do a few weeks ago.

You don't need to exercise 'immediately' after eating - you will end up training your body to see food as a bad thing. If you exercise each day, and eat healthy, you will naturally burn off any calories you have consumed.

Exercising just after you've had food is not good for you! You need to give your body some time to digest it, I always feel sick if I ,say go running after I've eaten.
200 push ups are possible on the other hand, if you've got time to stop during the day and do them :) I used to just do 40 in the morning and 40 in the evening. Need to get back to it actually....i've become so lazy.

I'd rather watch netflix and eat a carl's jr 6 dollar burger.

But I should workout, I wish ryan gosling would come out with an exercise video that would motivate me.

Check out the fitness twins @ 4:00 and the "reward system":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_fwGEpMxz8].[/ame]

Last edited:
Well I think 200 pushups are impossible in a day for myself..
I can manage just 10 to 13 pushups in one half.. And 10 in the second half..
I just recently start this training at home for weight loss and fitness gaining purpose..
This time my weight is 225 pounds on the scale and I want 175 round about..

A few points:

When doing pushups (or pull-ups, or sit-ups), the most important thing is to do them PROPERLY. Back straight, touch your chest to the ground and recover to where your arms are fully extended. Doing a couple of proper pushups is much more beneficial than doing 25 when you are "cheating." A proper pushup tones arms, legs, and "core."

If you can only do a couple, it is good to work with a set of stairs. Pick a stair (maybe the second, third, or fourth) on which you can do at least 10 proper repetitions. Do at least three sets over the the course of 10 minutes. When you can do that easily, move down a step to the next level. And so on.

The benefit of added repetitions beyond 15-20 is minimal, and places unnecessary strain on the wrists and elbows. Doing three or four sets of 25 provides basically all the benefit that can be had from doing pushups.

Pull-ups are a fantastic exercise, but for most people they are just too difficult to do a significant number. If you have access to a "Gravitron" machine or something else that allows you to do an "assisted" pull-up, it is worthwhile to use it. If not, you can gain significant benefit by doing "reverse" pull-ups or by simply holding yourself up from a pull-up bar. A "reverse" pull up is when you start at the top position (mounted from a chair or whatever), the lower yourself as slowly as possible to the fully-extended position. If you start with reverse pull-ups, you can build up to a single proper pull-up, then to multiples. 10-12 is optimal, because as with pushups, doing more reps places undue stress on elbows and can actually hurt you. Remember to alternate palms in and palms out, as they work different muscles.

Don't forget to include crunches and side crunches in your routine.

You can get a pretty good workout with no equipment at all.

I like walking. I also like floor exercises but not pushups. I do legwork and scrunches, I also workout just sitting there watching tv. I really park way far away from my destination or don't take my car at all. I exercise all day long but I could use more sustained heart rate work.

I do it this way because I just hate working out and this doesn't seem like what I am doing.

Dear Sarah G,
You ought to do something to tone your arms and shoulders. Light dumbells are inexpensive and useful, but initially you can simply use things that are sitting around the house (bag of flour, etc).

There is no significant benefit to "sustained" cardio, and it may even be harmful. Routines that elevate the heart rate, then slow it down repeatedly are best. E.g., "spinning." Fifteen minutes is plenty, if it seriously elevates your heart rate during the high-intensity phases.

Walking burns (a few) calories, but as exercise, it stinks (unless it involves a lot of hills). Think of it as lifting a very slight amount of weight a million times, over and over again. Going up stairs, on the other hand,...

Work your legs by getting into a 45 degree sumo position, and moving forward, keeping to a 45 degree position. We do this all the time in class and it really helps to build muscle in your legs.

Go to my gym... I just put in 4k sqft cross-training area equipped with climbing ropes as well! Standard lifting gym in the back (3k sqft) and a boot camp in the front... 5k sqft. 17k sqft in all, but other things take up space too! We'll show you everything you would ever need to know and more!

Day care, front desk, cafe and storage~

I swim for about an hour twice per week and lift weight three times per week and do landscaping various times per week. and walk miles per day. Gets cold out I do Zumba.

Start off slow...Just do 10 pushups during each commercial break. With a goal of 50 pushups if you're new. You'll get to 100 in no time.

Your mind will give in before your body does. Remember that

Hello everybody

Physical fitness is good for health. physical fitness people always looking handsome and smart. Today, every person wants to be physically fit. They are going to gym and taking vegetables food reguly.Now the doctors recomended it.

Thanks in advance
Ademola Okubena

I've found that resistance bands work your muscles really well because they give you constant resistance without lugging around heavy weights everywhere you go. You can do squats, shoulder presses, bicep and tricep curls, chest flys and even use them to assist with pull ups by wrapping the band around the bar and using the handles as foot holds. Gives enough assistance to complete the pull up without it being so hard for newbies

Forum List

Back