FISA Warrant was a Perfect Circle Jerk

NOW righties have an issue with FISA warrants ?

Only the ones used to abuse the system...dumbass.

Translation: they are only ok if they target Muslims.

People have complained about the rubber stamp fisa warrants for years . Cons didn’t give a crap .

Let me take a wild guess...you don't have a link....dumbass.
The Left know RUSSIA! Is fake news and dead now.

Trumpkins sure want everyone to ignore that Russia attacked the American election system.

Remember when the Trumpkins used to at least pretend that they cared about defending America from Russia?

Hmmm, when was that, when Obama said Russia wasn't a threat? Or was that when Obama knew about Russia "attacking" the American election system, and did nothing?

Trumpkins sure want everyone to ignore that Russia attacked the American election system.

Remember when the Trumpkins used to at least pretend that they cared about defending America from Russia?
Another retarded liberal that changed their vote to Trump because the Russians made her do it.

No worries, you are not alone. Many stupid Dems were led around by their nose. They are not a very bright group.

Another retarded Trumpkin that still defend Russia because Don the Con told you that Russia is our pal and Putin is a strong man who would never lie to Don the Con.

No worries, you are not alone. All Trumpkins are led around by your noses by Don the Con. You are not a very bright group- you voted for Don the Con- and still defend Russia's attack on the United States.
Your candidate took millions from Russia and purchased a dossier authored by Kremlin agents to throw a national election. You can shut the fuck up anytime now.

You loyal Trumpkins are always trying to get everyone to shut the fuck up while you defend your Don the Con.

You candidate actively asked for Russia- or anyone else- help in throwing the election.

To you loyal Trumpkins- Russia helping Don the Con with getting elected- is just the sign of good business.

Only the ones that continually say stupid stuff.

Only the ones used to abuse the system...dumbass.

People have complained about the rubber stamp fisa warrants for years . Cons didn’t give a crap .

Hmmm, when was that, when Obama said Russia wasn't a threat? Or was that when Obama knew about Russia "attacking" the American election system, and did nothing?

You will have to tell me when Obama said Russia wasn't a threat.

Obama said it was impossible.

I don't remember when President Obama said that Trumpkins at least pretended to care about defending America- but I will take your word for it.

He said no serious person would suggest that someone could rig the election. I guess that was before Trump defeated Hillary.

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved,” Obama said during a press conference at the White House in October 2016. “There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.

Did President Obama say that Russia wasn't trying to attack the election? Nope. He was countering Trump's own prediction that Don the Con would lose because of voter fraud.

Hey, if Obama wasn't worried about the election being rigged, why are you?

Where did i say I was 'worried about the election being rigged'?

I was pointing out that idiot Trumpkins want everyone to ignore Russia's attack on our election system.

Tell Valadimer I'll have more flexability after the election.

I don't remember when President Obama said that Trumpkins at least pretended to care about defending America- but I will take your word for it.

He said no serious person would suggest that someone could rig the election. I guess that was before Trump defeated Hillary.

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved,” Obama said during a press conference at the White House in October 2016. “There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.

Did President Obama say that Russia wasn't trying to attack the election? Nope. He was countering Trump's own prediction that Don the Con would lose because of voter fraud.

I was pointing out that idiot Trumpkins want everyone to ignore Russia's attack on our election system.

Ah that was the last time that Trumpkins pretended to care about defending America from Russia!

Thanks- I had forgotten.

Ah that was the last time that Trumpkins pretended to care about defending America from Russia!

Thanks- I had forgotten.
Handing Russia's terrorist ally billions in hard cash was an epic moment in letting Putin know Obama was his servant.

How soon some want to forget.
obama russia is not a threat - Bing video

We keep saying, we do not know what Mueller's found out or has gotten on Trump because his team has been absolutely silent, no leaks!

There is only one person who really knows what Mueller has on Trump, and that is Trump himself!

And this is the reason why Trump keeps trying to obstruct this investigation, and obfuscate the investigation, and demean everyone involved in the investigation.... he KNOWS what he and his campaign did with the Russians, and he's running scared...is how it appears....

Gowdy said it best,

IF YOU ARE INNOCENT, then start acting like you are innocent, Mr. President, and stop all of this nonsense of yours.... let the investigation come to its end its completion.... stop the talk on firing him.
Lol. The dems have lied every step of the way. It's what they do. They purchased a dossier authored by Kremlin agents and had their POS minions use it in FISA court. Horrible people. No class. All you have are lies based on lies.
Who are''the Dems'' that are lying in this investigation?

There was no dossier field notes authored by Kremlin agents, that is simply not true, a made up lie by the spin-meister

Parts of the 35 page dossier was used, but the Judge was made aware of it.... the FISA warrant application was 400 pages long, seems like the FBI and Justice department was very thorough....

The Fisa surveillance on Carter Page did not come about until after he left the campaign....there was no Fisa on him while he worked for the campaign.

Page had been under Fisa surveillance a couple of times even before the man ever met Trump, years before Trump became a candidate.... so his surveillance was not due to anything President Trump had done, stop panicking....

The Russians targeted Carter Page as a ''useful idiot'' that they could try to use.... it is what their agents and operatives do best....they are trained experts.

Our intel community trying to find out what was going on with all of Page's Russian operative contacts was their JOB.... if they hadn't, they would have been slacken.

the Russia investigation DID NOT begin due to the dossier, there was insurmountable other reasons with evidence given to them, that began the investigation.

And Christopher Steele did not know who hired GPS, that came out in testimony before the Intelligence committees, along with Steele only being paid about $160k for the research.... hardly a windfall.

Steele would never in a million years make up his dossier field reports, and ruin his lifelong honest ace career and ruin his Investigator Business which he relies on to make a living, for a million bucks, let alone for $160 k...... Please use your head.

Oh, and having probable cause for a FISA surveillance warrant is NOT the same as probable cause for an Indictment, which would take some actual evidence of a crime that was committed.....

Obama didn't care and said you couldn't rig the election.

When they are obtained illegally, as these were. The FBI lied to federal judges over and over again...those judges need to be investigated and likely impeached for granting warrants based on information that was paid for by hilary and unverified by the FBI.

We keep saying, we do not know what Mueller's found out or has gotten on Trump because his team has been absolutely silent, no leaks!

There is only one person who really knows what Mueller has on Trump, and that is Trump himself!

And this is the reason why Trump keeps trying to obstruct this investigation, and obfuscate the investigation, and demean everyone involved in the investigation.... he KNOWS what he and his campaign did with the Russians, and he's running scared...is how it appears....

Gowdy said it best,

IF YOU ARE INNOCENT, then start acting like you are innocent, Mr. President, and stop all of this nonsense of yours.... let the investigation come to its end its completion.... stop the talk on firing him.
Lol. The dems have lied every step of the way. It's what they do. They purchased a dossier authored by Kremlin agents and had their POS minions use it in FISA court. Horrible people. No class. All you have are lies based on lies.

There was no dossier field notes authored by Kremlin agents, that is simply not true, a made up lie by the spin-meister

Parts of the 35 page dossier was used, but the Judge was made aware of it.... the FISA warrant application was 400 pages long, seems like the FBI and Justice department was very thorough....

The Fisa surveillance on Carter Page did not come about until after he left the campaign....there was no Fisa on him while he worked for the campaign.

Page had been under Fisa surveillance a couple of times even before the man ever met Trump, years before Trump became a candidate.... so his surveillance was not due to anything President Trump had done, stop panicking....

The Russians targeted Carter Page as a ''useful idiot'' that they could try to use.... it is what their agents and operatives do best....they are trained experts.

Our intel community trying to find out what was going on with all of Page's Russian operative contacts was their JOB.... if they hadn't, they would have been slacken.

the Russia investigation DID NOT begin due to the dossier, there was insurmountable other reasons with evidence given to them, that began the investigation.

And Christopher Steele did not know who hired GPS, that came out in testimony before the Intelligence committees, along with Steele only being paid about $160k for the research.... hardly a windfall.

Steele would never in a million years make up his dossier field reports, and ruin his lifelong honest ace career and ruin his Investigator Business which he relies on to make a living, for a million bucks, let alone for $160 k...... Please use your head.

Oh, and having probable cause for a FISA surveillance warrant is NOT the same as probable cause for an Indictment, which would take some actual evidence of a crime that was committed.....

Do you realize that people can actually read the FISA application...and that you mindlessly copying DNC talking points doesn't hold up anymore?

The basis for the charge of "it's a conspiracy against the President" is that Hillary paid, in part, for the GPS Fusion research, including the Steele Dossier, and that, in part, was the basis for probable cause to get a warrant on Page. The GPS Fusion material was partially confirmed by George Papadalius (sp) statement to the FBI.

The theory goes: Trump's opposition paid for the information the FBI used to get the warrant, which shows a conspiracy to take down Trump.

The sad fact is that most search warrants I've seen are based upon information provided by a felon who seeks to gain favorable treatment for turning in another, bigger, felon. So, in the actual world, the existence of a search warrant is irrelevant. .... except as to embarrassment or bad press. The Page search warrant WAS supported by probable cause. Possibly the FBI should have not put the fact that some of the probable cause came from an opponent in a footnote, and had the judge been more aware he would have turned down the warrant. But in practice that is not how it works. Rather, a judge says "show me more." The conspiracy theory rests upon the belief that the GPS fusion stuff was somehow tainted from being the basis of probable cause, and it wasn't. Steele didn't like Trump, but GPS fusion and Steele were known as reliable source from other, non-Trump, investigations, and Papadelius was partially independent confirmation of facts.

But what is really important is whether the search warrant turns up anything that itself shows a crime. I don't think we really know what the warrants on Page turned up ... if anything at all.

To me, the war cries about probable cause, and weak sauce that the war cries really are, makes me suspect the FBI got something out of Page.

Sorry....Andrew McCArthy, a former federal prosecutor shows that you don't understand this process.....at all...

Carter Page FISA Applications: FBI Used Steele Dossier | National Review

A hypothetical shows how this works. Let’s say that X, an informant, tells the FBI in Washington that Y, a person in St. Louis, told him that Z, the suspect, is plotting to rob the bank.

X’s story is unverified; he doesn’t know anything firsthand about Z — he only knows what Y has told him. Obviously, then, the FBI does not instantly run to court and seek a warrant against Z. Instead, the bureau sends an investigative “lead” from headquarters in Washington to the FBI field office in St. Louis. FBI agents in St. Louis then go find and interview Y. Based on that interview, the FBI gathers supporting information (perhaps physical surveillance of Z, scrutiny of available documents and records about Z, etc.). Only then, after debriefing the witness with competent knowledge, do the Justice Department and FBI seek a warrant against Z from the court. In the application, they explain to the judge that they have verified X’s information by interviewing Y and then corroborating Y’s version of events. In fact, if they get solid enough information about Z from Y, there may be no reason even to mention X, whose tip to the FBI was sheer hearsay.

But that is not what happened with the Carter Page FISA warrants.

The FBI presented the court with allegations posited by Steele. He is in the position of X in our hypothetical. He is not the source of any of the relevant information on which the court was asked to rely for its probable-cause finding that Page was a clandestine agent of Russia. In this context, source means a reliable witness who saw or heard some occurrence on which the court is being asked to base its ruling.

Steele has not been in Russia for about 20 years. In connection with the dossier allegations, he was merely the purveyor of information from the actual sources — unidentified Russians who themselves relied on hearsay information from other sources (sometimes double and triple hearsay, very attenuated from the supposed original source).

In each Carter Page FISA warrant application, the FBI represented that it had “reviewed this verified application for accuracy.”

But did the bureau truly ensure that the information had been “thoroughly vetted and confirmed”? Remember, we are talking here about serious, traitorous allegations against an American citizen and, derivatively, an American presidential campaign.

When the FBI averred that it had verified for accuracy the application that posited these allegations, it was, at best, being hyper-technical, and thus misleading. What the bureau meant was that its application correctly stated the allegations as Steele had related them. But that is not what “verification” means.

The issue is not whether Steele’s allegations were accurately described; it is whether they were accurate, period. Were the allegations thoroughly vetted and confirmed by proof independent of Steele before being presented to the FISA court — which is what common sense and the FBI’s own manual mean by “verified”?

No, they were not.
-------

If they had solid evidence that verified Steele’s allegations, they would have used that evidence as their probable cause showing against Page. Instead, they used the dossier because, as McCabe told the House Intelligence Committee, without it they would have had no chance of persuading a judge that Page was a clandestine agent.

Gowdy said it best,

Do you realize that people can actually read the FISA application...and that you mindlessly copying DNC talking points doesn't hold up anymore?
Of course I do, the question is, do YOU actually know that...?

Gowdy said it best,

Steele confirmed he used Kremlin agents as his sources for the dossier. The same dossier that was hand delivered to Schumer and Reid by Brennan and passed off as verified. Reid twice leaked his request/memo for an investigation based on the dossier. This whole thing stinks, but not the way dems think it does.

When they are obtained illegally, as these were. .

Except of course- there is absolutely no evidence that these were obtained illegally- you Trumpkins just parrot what Don the Con tweets and expect everyone to believe you if you repeat the lie over enough times.

The basis for the charge of "it's a conspiracy against the President" is that Hillary paid, in part, for the GPS Fusion research, including the Steele Dossier, and that, in part, was the basis for probable cause to get a warrant on Page. The GPS Fusion material was partially confirmed by George Papadalius (sp) statement to the FBI.

The theory goes: Trump's opposition paid for the information the FBI used to get the warrant, which shows a conspiracy to take down Trump.

The sad fact is that most search warrants I've seen are based upon information provided by a felon who seeks to gain favorable treatment for turning in another, bigger, felon. So, in the actual world, the existence of a search warrant is irrelevant. .... except as to embarrassment or bad press. The Page search warrant WAS supported by probable cause. Possibly the FBI should have not put the fact that some of the probable cause came from an opponent in a footnote, and had the judge been more aware he would have turned down the warrant. But in practice that is not how it works. Rather, a judge says "show me more." The conspiracy theory rests upon the belief that the GPS fusion stuff was somehow tainted from being the basis of probable cause, and it wasn't. Steele didn't like Trump, but GPS fusion and Steele were known as reliable source from other, non-Trump, investigations, and Papadelius was partially independent confirmation of facts.

But what is really important is whether the search warrant turns up anything that itself shows a crime. I don't think we really know what the warrants on Page turned up ... if anything at all.

To me, the war cries about probable cause, and weak sauce that the war cries really are, makes me suspect the FBI got something out of Page.

Sorry....Andrew McCArthy, a former federal prosecutor shows that you don't understand this process.....at all...

Carter Page FISA Applications: FBI Used Steele Dossier | National Review

A hypothetical shows how this works. Let’s say that X, an informant, tells the FBI in Washington that Y, a person in St. Louis, told him that Z, the suspect, is plotting to rob the bank.

X’s story is unverified; he doesn’t know anything firsthand about Z — he only knows what Y has told him. Obviously, then, the FBI does not instantly run to court and seek a warrant against Z. Instead, the bureau sends an investigative “lead” from headquarters in Washington to the FBI field office in St. Louis. FBI agents in St. Louis then go find and interview Y. Based on that interview, the FBI gathers supporting information (perhaps physical surveillance of Z, scrutiny of available documents and records about Z, etc.). Only then, after debriefing the witness with competent knowledge, do the Justice Department and FBI seek a warrant against Z from the court. In the application, they explain to the judge that they have verified X’s information by interviewing Y and then corroborating Y’s version of events. In fact, if they get solid enough information about Z from Y, there may be no reason even to mention X, whose tip to the FBI was sheer hearsay.

But that is not what happened with the Carter Page FISA warrants.

The FBI presented the court with allegations posited by Steele. He is in the position of X in our hypothetical. He is not the source of any of the relevant information on which the court was asked to rely for its probable-cause finding that Page was a clandestine agent of Russia. In this context, source means a reliable witness who saw or heard some occurrence on which the court is being asked to base its ruling.

Steele has not been in Russia for about 20 years. In connection with the dossier allegations, he was merely the purveyor of information from the actual sources — unidentified Russians who themselves relied on hearsay information from other sources (sometimes double and triple hearsay, very attenuated from the supposed original source).

In each Carter Page FISA warrant application, the FBI represented that it had “reviewed this verified application for accuracy.”

But did the bureau truly ensure that the information had been “thoroughly vetted and confirmed”? Remember, we are talking here about serious, traitorous allegations against an American citizen and, derivatively, an American presidential campaign.

When the FBI averred that it had verified for accuracy the application that posited these allegations, it was, at best, being hyper-technical, and thus misleading. What the bureau meant was that its application correctly stated the allegations as Steele had related them. But that is not what “verification” means.

The issue is not whether Steele’s allegations were accurately described; it is whether they were accurate, period. Were the allegations thoroughly vetted and confirmed by proof independent of Steele before being presented to the FISA court — which is what common sense and the FBI’s own manual mean by “verified”?

No, they were not.
-------

If they had solid evidence that verified Steele’s allegations, they would have used that evidence as their probable cause showing against Page. Instead, they used the dossier because, as McCabe told the House Intelligence Committee, without it they would have had no chance of persuading a judge that Page was a clandestine agent.

Except of course for the facts- which is that the FBI- nor the courts relied upon only the Steele dossier for the FISA warrant.

And for the fact that the FBI considered Steele himself to be a reliable source from previous investigations.

But good job at parroting Don the Con's talking points- but no matter how often you repeat the lie- the FISA warrants are still legal.

Why don’t they just release the whole unedited warrant . Then we can see ALL the evidence.

As for gop being pro FISA . Just look at the patriot act votes . GOP has never cared about our privacy rights .

Why don’t they just release the whole unedited warrant . Then we can see ALL the evidence.

As for gop being pro FISA . Just look at the patriot act votes . GOP has never cared about our privacy rights .
They'd have to release the actual affidavits supporting the warrant application. Absent some real issue of fraud a court won't order that disclosed to a defendant.

And while others seem to say the GPS Fusion information was not used to support the warrant application, I think it was. But again THAT ISN'T REALLY THE ISSUE. The issue will be what the warrants allowed the FBI to find out. Maybe nothing. Maybe a whole lot. If someone gets indicted they'll have the opportunity to ask a judge to not allow the evidence be used because the probable cause showing was bogus.

Basically Truimp's trying to litigate this issue to inflame his base.

They'd have to release the actual affidavits supporting the warrant application. Absent some real issue of fraud a court won't order that disclosed to a defendant.

And while others seem to say the GPS Fusion information was not used to support the warrant application, I think it was. But again THAT ISN'T REALLY THE ISSUE. The issue will be what the warrants allowed the FBI to find out. Maybe nothing. Maybe a whole lot. If someone gets indicted they'll have the opportunity to ask a judge to not allow the evidence be used because the probable cause showing was bogus.

Basically Truimp's trying to litigate this issue to inflame his base.

Word !

Here’s the issue . If 10 things are used and 1is bogus , what about the other 9?

Forum List

Back