First time in 10 years FEWER foreign students attending American colleges

I for one do not believe in Merit immigration. Students stay after their college degrees and H1B visas take jobs away from citizens (mainly Stem jobs). People that come here should start on the lower ladder like everyone before them. Then their kids can go to college, instead of people who already have money, health ins, careers, like tramp wants.

We should have enough Stem students graduating, to meet the challenges of today jobs.

Merit immigration will take your grandchildren's jobs.
There simply aren’t enough Democrats and liberals. And we know Republicans believe college is bad for America. So we have to look somewhere.

They (the republicans) want their voters stupid.

I for one do not believe in Merit immigration. Students stay after their college degrees and H1B visas take jobs away from citizens (mainly Stem jobs). People that come here should start on the lower ladder like everyone before them. Then their kids can go to college, instead of people who already have money, health ins, careers, like tramp wants.

We should have enough Stem students graduating, to meet the challenges of today jobs.

Merit immigration will take your grandchildren's jobs.
There simply aren’t enough Democrats and liberals. And we know Republicans believe college is bad for America. So we have to look somewhere.

They (the republicans) want their voters stupid.
I think you've contradicted yourself. If we were stupid we would not have voted for Trump. Instead, we would have voted for Clinton like you did, stupid.

If I was a racist white Republican, I would worry less about black people and more about poor opioid addicted suicidal white dropouts living in Appalachia.

Right deanrd
Conservatives I know have been PREACHING to correct these VERY problems
with SUCCESSFUL Christian approaches to counseling, transformation and
recovery that have SAVED LIVES from drug addiction and crime REGARDLESS of race or class.

It's the LEFT that rejects censors and DEMONIZES these EFFECTIVE approaches that
actually SOLVE the root problems of sickness, crime and drugs,
and turned people's lives around.

Which way do you want it deanrd
If the Conservatives preach about solutions to this,
they get attacked for it.

But now you want to criticize them?

When it's LIBERALS REFUSING and blocking these solutions
from getting more support and help to people?

????

You aren't making sense deanrd
You reject proven solutions to the problems,
then blame the very people offering them
because of your own refusal. What???

New international student enrollments continue to decline at U.S. universities

New enrollments of international students fell by 6.6 percent at American universities in academic year 2017-18 compared to the year before, marking the second straight year in declines in new enrollments, according to new data from the annual Open Doors survey.

Among the findings, institutions in the center of the country -- specifically the South Central region, which includes Texas, and the West North Central region -- are seeing sharper declines than are institutions on the coasts. Less selective institutions are also seeing steeper declines.
(some could argue they just don’t want to go to a shit hole part of the country)

There were also declines in the overall number of students coming from America's neighbors, Canada and Mexico, two countries where President Trump is deeply unpopular.

The first recorded drop in new enrollments came in academic year 2016-17.

Among the top 10 states hosting international students, there were increases in the total number of international students (including OPT participants) in No. 1 destination California (+3.2 percent), No. 2 New York (+2.4 percent), No. 4 Massachusetts (+8.4 percent), No. 5 Illinois (+2.2 percent), No. 6 Pennsylvania (+1.3 percent) and No. 7 Florida (+1.7 percent), and declines in No. 3 Texas (-0.9 percent), No. 8 Ohio (-2.8 percent), No. 9 Michigan (-0.7 percent) and No. 10 Indiana (-2 percent).

———

You can’t attract the best in the world if they’re afraid to come here.

They can look up the statistics the same as anybody else can and see that right wing terrorism is a major threat to people from overseas.
Right wing terrorism over the last decade would be about equal to a couple of months in a handful of inner cities. Perhaps the real culprit is the massive costs that continue to spiral out of control. Or perhaps it's the prominence of "baizuo" in academia.
Chinese derogatory social media term for ‘white left’ Western elites spreads - Global Times

New enrollments of international students fell by 6.6 percent at American universities in academic year 2017-18 compared to the year before, marking the second straight year in declines in new enrollments, according to new data from the annual Open Doors survey.

Among the findings, institutions in the center of the country -- specifically the South Central region, which includes Texas, and the West North Central region -- are seeing sharper declines than are institutions on the coasts. Less selective institutions are also seeing steeper declines.
(some could argue they just don’t want to go to a shit hole part of the country)

There were also declines in the overall number of students coming from America's neighbors, Canada and Mexico, two countries where President Trump is deeply unpopular.

Among the top 10 states hosting international students, there were increases in the total number of international students (including OPT participants) in No. 1 destination California (+3.2 percent), No. 2 New York (+2.4 percent), No. 4 Massachusetts (+8.4 percent), No. 5 Illinois (+2.2 percent), No. 6 Pennsylvania (+1.3 percent) and No. 7 Florida (+1.7 percent), and declines in No. 3 Texas (-0.9 percent), No. 8 Ohio (-2.8 percent), No. 9 Michigan (-0.7 percent) and No. 10 Indiana (-2 percent).

———

They can look up the statistics the same as anybody else can and see that right wing terrorism is a major threat to people from overseas.

Correlation does not equal causation.

It could just be foreign parents don't want to send their kids to schools more concerned about putting tampons in Men's Rooms than actually educating their children.

2016-2017 when the first drop happened was Obama last year in office, so what did Obama and Democrats do to terrorize those future minds?

———

It could just be foreign parents don't want to send their kids to schools more concerned about putting tampons in Men's Rooms than actually educating their children.

2016-2017 when the first drop happened was Obama last year in office, so what did Obama and Democrats do to terrorize those future minds?

Not sure if it had anything to do with Presidents, and more to do with critical WOKE levels being broadcast on enough news outlets to impact foreign parents.

Why would anyone come here for an education when all they will learn is liberal voodoo bullcrap.
Like science and math and stuff. Stuff nobody needs.
Right?

Don't worry, progressives will ruin those fields just like they ruined liberal arts.

'Social justice warriors' are ruining engineering, prof warns

According to her faculty page, Riley aims to “revise engineering curricula to be relevant to a fuller range of student experiences and career destination” by incorporating “concerns related to...social responsibility,” focusing on “de-centering Western civilization,” and “uncovering contributions of women and other underrepresented groups.”
This is coming from another one of those right wing bullshit snowflake reporters.

When I started reading the link it’s so stupid it’s unbelievable. So I look to see the mission statement from these clowns and this is what it says:

As a conservative watchdog to the nation’s higher education system, Campus Reform exposes liberal bias and abuse on the nation’s college campuses.

When you study engineering, as I have, you are also required to take electives. I had to take classes like psychology. Nothing to do with engineering. In fact, one semester I needed one more credit to qualify for the G.I. Bill and the only thing that was available was modern dance. So every Saturday morning for an entire semester , because that’s when the class was, I had to put on dance shoes and run across the floor like a Gazelle. Not one of my shining moments. But I did meet some nice girls.
You don’t meet a lot of them in engineering.

Why would anyone come here for an education when all they will learn is liberal voodoo bullcrap.
Right?
you liars ruin anything you touch
Yeah because people who study math and science are such liars. Why, they even say stupid things like the world is billions of years old. Who could believe that?

Right?

Common core is NOT math. 2 + 2 = banana

Consensus is NOT science
Is that way liberal schools are the best in the world? Because they believe 2+2 equals banana?

That’s shows how stupid the right wing is. That they believe that somebody teaches 2+2 equals banana.

The right wing gives us the next generation of drunk on the weekends unskilled aluminum can collectors.

Right?

Don't worry, progressives will ruin those fields just like they ruined liberal arts.

'Social justice warriors' are ruining engineering, prof warns

According to her faculty page, Riley aims to “revise engineering curricula to be relevant to a fuller range of student experiences and career destination” by incorporating “concerns related to...social responsibility,” focusing on “de-centering Western civilization,” and “uncovering contributions of women and other underrepresented groups.”
This is coming from another one of those right wing bullshit snowflake reporters.

When I started reading the link it’s so stupid it’s unbelievable. So I look to see the mission statement from these clowns and this is what it says:

As a conservative watchdog to the nation’s higher education system, Campus Reform exposes liberal bias and abuse on the nation’s college campuses.

When you study engineering, as I have, you are also required to take electives. I had to take classes like psychology. Nothing to do with engineering. In fact, one semester I needed one more credit to qualify for the G.I. Bill and the only thing that was available was modern dance. So every Saturday morning for an entire semester , because that’s when the class was, I had to put on dance shoes and run across the floor like a Gazelle. Not one of my shining moments. But I did meet some nice girls.
You don’t meet a lot of them in engineering.

Attacking the source, and not defending the content. Typical for a knuckledragging twat such as yourself.

The electives aren't under the control of the Engineering staff. This is about changing engineering education.

Right?
you liars ruin anything you touch
Yeah because people who study math and science are such liars. Why, they even say stupid things like the world is billions of years old. Who could believe that?
You are by far the biggest yammering idiot I have ever been aware of.

———

Good-we don't need'em.

Is it true that other nations would permanently banish any teacher to Chicago or Baltimore for daring to introduce "Common Core" to their students?

Common Core Lesson Number Pineapple

Johnny has 2 apples, he gives one to his racist, homophobic Republican classmate. Question: why did Trump collude with Russia to end our democracy?

———

????

Why the fuck would foreigners send their kids to colleges in America? They are run by batshit crazy Marxists and are more concerned with teaching students to become professional protesters and political trolls.

———

Good-we don't need'em.

Yes, we do.

———

Good-we don't need'em.

Yes, we do.
How about we improve the education of OUR youth? And if these "students" become overstays, we have to chase them at our expense. And if they go home, we compete against what they learned here. Lose/lose.

Forum List

Back