First Quarter GDP (First Estimate) Comes in at 0.7%

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Thoughts? Much will be made about this, maybe unrightly so. I was predicting more in the range of 1.5 - 1.8%.

Will be interesting to see how Trump frames this. I suspect a major overreaction is incoming. Something to the degree of "The numbers are all fake!"

Stocks and investment are based on feelings. Anticipation. Future expectations.

GDP is based on real production numbers. No feelings. No hype. Raw numbers.

After 8 years of the worst piece of fucking shit in Galactic history crapping all over our means of production, it's gonna take a little while to get this train moving.

The Markets are a predictor of manufacturing and profits. No more. The real numbers will start coming in soon enough

Thoughts? Much will be made about this, maybe unrightly so. I was predicting more in the range of 1.5 - 1.8%.
Your prediction is probably accurate (or very close) since the BEA hasn't gotten first quarter GDP right on the first pass in 2 decades (it's been under-reporting it), if the track record is any guide the numbers will be revised upwards.

In any case, GDP growth in the first quarter was hampered by a number of factors freakish weather March, inventory build up, geopolitical uncertainty, etc.., on the surface Q2 looks to be starting much better, of course we'll have to wait and see....

Will be interesting to see how Trump frames this. I suspect a major overreaction is incoming. Something to the degree of "The numbers are all fake!"

Stocks and investment are based on feelings. Anticipation. Future expectations.

GDP is based on real production numbers. No feelings. No hype. Raw numbers.

After 8 years of the worst piece of fucking shit in Galactic history crapping all over our means of production, it's gonna take a little while to get this train moving.

The Markets are a predictor of manufacturing and profits. No more. The real numbers will start coming in soon enough
You make no sense. You say that this growth was weak because Obama was President for 8 years. But why was growth larger before this quarter? Was Obama not President in the last quarter of 2016? Why didn't the next-to-last quarter of 2016 cause the last quarter of 2016 to be weak?

Also, this is the weakest quarter since early 2014. Wasn't Obama President in all those 2014 and 2015 quarters where growth topped Trump's growth?

Here's my theory: One possibility is that you are a Trump supporter who seeks to pin blame on others.

Slow but steady. But the Great Grabbers trade policies haven't influenced much yet. And he flip-flopped on NAFTA. Maybe he'll flip back, who knows with that guy.

Dropping production = dropping sales. Which means fewer jobs and lower wages.

What better time to reward business with a 20% reduction in taxes than when they are cutting back! Drumpf's bizarro world economics. He's working hard to make sure you can't work.

It's good news for the lefty low infos who will swallow the tripe from their cohorts that a president, any president, taking office in late January can have a determining impact on Q1s GDP. They don't know there's no GDP on-off switch, but not surprising as many can't even define GDP.

You make no sense. You say that this growth was weak because Obama was President for 8 years. But why was growth larger before this quarter? Was Obama not President in the last quarter of 2016? Why didn't the next-to-last quarter of 2016 cause the last quarter of 2016 to be weak?

Also, this is the weakest quarter since early 2014. Wasn't Obama President in all those 2014 and 2015 quarters where growth topped Trump's growth?

Here's my theory: One possibility is that you are a Trump supporter who seeks to pin blame on others.

Business and Industry were operating under obama guidelines, regulations and rules. Still are in a lot of cases. In fact -- MOST cases.

You don't change an entire Country's way of doing business overnight or in a hundred days. It takes MONTHS.

Until Nov 8, everybody...... And I mean EVERYBODY, thought Ubercunt was going to win the election. Everybody. So businesses, industries, manufacturing, etc, etc, geared up for another 8 years of STUPID FUCKING dimocrap SCUM gumming up the works. Which is all they're capable of.

You're stupid. And you know nothing of economics except what you read on HuffSuck and Blo or DailyKooks

Maybe if you'd stop patronizing STOOPID media outlets, you wouldn't be so stupid yourself.

Yeah -- Right.

See, you really do have a choice when it comes to teh stoopid. But, like other dimocrap scum you'll choose stoopid every time. Because it's easy.

predictable

Actually it is still largely Obama's economy but Trump takes credit for anything that happened that is good. Since it is bad it will be someone else's fault. However the chaos that is the Trump Administration likely has hurt consumer confidence.

It's good news for the lefty low infos who will swallow the tripe from their cohorts that a president, any president, taking office in late January can have a determining impact on Q1s GDP. They don't know there's no GDP on-off switch, but not surprising as many can't even define GDP.
Trump supporters claimed that he had an effect on foreign-policy and jobs even before he assumed the presidency. Don't try to save face now. I remember you guys saying that the mere announcement that Trump defeated Clinton in November was improving the economy, because the people were oh so excited. Not 100 days into the presidency all of a sudden you people demand patiencan. and stuff.

New Topics

Forum List

Back