First post debate poll is here and the winner was Ron DeSantis (29%) followed by Ramaswami (26%)

Wow. This is a little surprising, but it is a scientific poll after all. Surveying people in a message board is not really a good method of weighing sympathies. Anyways, very good news for Ron DeSantis.
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/tablet/2023/08/24/au

The Washington Post, FiveThirtyEight and Ipsos conducted a poll before and after last night’s debate with potential Republican primary and caucus voters, including those who watched the debate.

And they thought Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came out on top Wednesday night, with 29 percent of Republican voters who watched the debate saying he performed best. He was nearly matched by former pharmaceutical executive Vivek Ramaswamy, with 26 percent saying he performed best. The findings may be surprising because DeSantis generally stayed above the fray in a raucous debate, though Ramaswamy received and delivered lots of barbs.”
I try to be as objective as possible and had no feelings pro or con about any of the candidates except Christie who I personally dislike/distrust and he didn't do anything to change my perception last night. I just got a different vibe from the debate. I am reluctant to name a winner as I'm not sure there was one. I thought none other than Hutchinson dealt themselves any serious damaging blows and I didn't think any of them had what I would consider a breakthrough.

It wasn't a terrible debate but neither did I think it did much to change the game.

They weren’t selected based on race.
What are you saying? That they weren't selected due to their race (being white) but were instead selected due to them being incompetent? Why is it okay that they're incompetent yet you are constantly making unsupported allegations that Black people prosper ONLY at the expense or "better qualified" white people?

Have you ever known for example, an incompetent Asian? Or an incompetent white person? Or in your mind is there simply no such thing?

During the worst of COVID they called DeSantis the Angel of Death.

Drudge

*DRUDGE POLL WHO WON FIRST REPUBLICAN DEBATE '24?​

• RAMASWAMY 34% (56,103 votes)

• HALEY 23% (38,228 votes)

• DESANTIS 18% (29,668 votes)

• CHRISTIE 16% (26,466 votes)

• PENCE 3% (5,731 votes)

• SCOTT 3% (4,708 votes)

• BURGUM 2% (3,918 votes)

• HUTCHINSON 1% (2,191 votes)
Our nation is in so much trouble....

Of course DeSantis got a bump from the listless vessels. DeSantis described the war in Ukraine as a "territorial dispute". He wants to cut off our aid and let Putin gobble up Ukraine.

Hi My name is Fanny Whore. I can't and won't do anything about crime in my city but I want take Trump down!!

1692920932416.png

East Germany has gone the way of the dodo-bird.
There are plenty of DDR/Stasi people now working in the west German government and elsewhere. The name may be gone. The players are still playing.

There are plenty of DDR/Stasi people now working in the west German government and elsewhere. The name may be gone. The players are still playing.
OK….got the East Germany reference now, and completely agree!

Forum List

Back