First lady and entourage wear out welcome quickly

They described the hotel as a "Presidential retreat". Yes, there will be inconvenient security when the First Family is around.

having stayed at a westin.....i can assure you that the staff is right there for you....but i could not image the frustration of the other guests....

i am ashamed that any american takes human rights off the table when they have a chance to talk about it

A “well-placed” staffer

Oh lord... what constitutes as 'news' these days is amazing :rolleyes:

If this was Laura Bush and her daughters doing this crap, YOU would be the first one in here complaining about it.

When are you leftists going to figure out that HYPOCRISY is not a virtue?

Well they sort of did, do that crap. Worse actually..

Bush twins Jenna and Barbara were 'Secret Service nightmare', claims US book that dishes dirt on First Families | Mail Online

Just wasn't our business.

Man oh man, if I was on my vacation of a lifetime and had to be screened every time I tried to get to my hotel room, I'd be pissed.

Come on libs. You'd be pissed off to.

security should be none existent then???They are just doing their job....

Oh cripes of course they have to have security. I'm certainly not arguing that. It would still be a drag on one's vacation though. Even if one was a die hard Dem you'd be thinking "couldn't she pick a different freaking week?".

Why?

In any other (or most) country, visiting dignitaries such as a first family would have been housed in a villa or large house/mansion. Apparently China doesn't have something like that so, they've had to put up in a hotel. This is what has created any possible problem. I am wondering if every building of that type of size and stature hasn't been overtaken and adapted for some official government purpose and is not suitable to house visiting dignitaries.

First Lady Michelle Obama, her mother and two daughters have reportedly already outstayed their welcome with some of the staff at a $8,350-per-night presidential suite in Beijing. They arrived on Thursday.

A “well-placed” staffer at the Westin Beijing Chaoyang hotel told the Daily Mail that the Obama women have inconvenienced “pretty much everyone” while the first lady’s mother, Marian Robinson, has been “barking at the staff” since she arrived.

U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, front left, her daughters Sasha, front right, Malia, right in the back, and Michelle Obama’s mother Marian Robinson, left in the back, arrive at Capital International Airport in Beijing, China, Thursday, March 20, 2014. Michelle Obama has arrived in Beijing with her mother and daughters to kick off a seven-day, three-city tour where she will focus on education and cultural exchange. (AP Photo/Alexander F. Yuan, Pool)
“We can’t wait for this to be over, to tell you the truth,” the staffer said. “We entertain many important people here, but this has been, I think, very different.”

Now the hotel workers are about “fed up.”

The Daily Mail has more details:

Government security forces from both China and the U.S. started Thursday to screen everyone who entered the building, including paying guests, setting up checkpoints that resemble those at airline concourse entrances.

The Secret Service’s monopoly on the hotel’s highest floors has meant the Westin had to boot guests with previous reservations out of their executive-level rooms.

Secret Service agents are also monopolizing hotel elevators long before the Obamas need them, added the staffer, who identified himself as a member of the concierge staff and spoke English during a phone call on Friday.

The Westin Beijing Chaoyang hotel’s website describes the 3,400-square-foot suite Michelle Obama and her family are staying in as an “oasis of comfort.” It includes a “private steam room, corner sofas with silk pillows” and in-room dining for six. They also reportedly have a 24-hour butler at their disposal.
Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online

no reporters were allowed to go with her

(freedom of the press? not in china bitches)

So this story could very easily be bullshit.

but it's not that hard to see Ms obama as a prima dona, not at all

China censors Michelle Obama? Why didn't we think of that?

China censors remarks by Michelle Obama

BEJING: (AP) - U.S. first lady Michelle Obama told Chinese professors, students and parents on Sunday that she wouldn't have risen to where she was if her parents hadn't pushed for her to get a good education.

Mrs. Obama made her comments before hosting a discussion about education on the third day of a weeklong visit to the country aimed at promoting educational exchanges between the U.S. and China. She also walked a section of the Great Wall with her two daughters.

"Education is an important focus for me. It's personal, because I wouldn't be where I am today without my parents investing and pushing me to get a good education," the first lady said. "My parents were not educated themselves, but one of the things they understood was that my brother and I needed that foundation."

She said she and her husband wanted as many young people as possible in the United States and the world to have access to education.

She then hosted a roundtable with a handful of Chinese professors, students and parents at an event at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing that was attended by new U.S. Ambassador to China Max Baucus and closed to the media.

In the afternoon, Mrs. Obama, her mother and her two daughters visited a section of the Great Wall in the northern Beijing suburbs. She and daughters Malia, 15, and Sasha, 12, were given time alone to walk on the wall.

On Saturday, Mrs. Obama gave a 15-minute speech at China's prestigious Peking University in which she promoted the free flow of information and freedom of speech, the only time during her trip that she has brought up a contentious issue. China routinely filters out information deemed offensive by the government and silences dissenting voices.

Those remarks by Mrs. Obama were absent from China's state media but were circulating in social media, where they were widely praised.

The trip, the first time a U.S. president's wife has independently visited China, also has given Mrs. Obama an opportunity to engage with President Xi Jinping's wife, Peng Liyuan.

On Friday, the two first ladies toured a Beijing high school, where Mrs. Obama tried her hand at calligraphy and pingpong and visited with students who had built robots. She also met with Xi that evening.

Mrs. Obama will visit the cities of Xi'an and Chengdu before returning to Washington on Wednesday.

AOL.com Article - US first lady hosts education roundtable in China

If this was Laura Bush and her daughters doing this crap, YOU would be the first one in here complaining about it.

Bush twins Jenna and Barbara were 'Secret Service nightmare', claims US book that dishes dirt on First Families | Mail Online

Comparing the behavior of two teenagers to the behavior of someone who is supposed to be a responsible adult and a lady is somewhat less than valid.

BTW, the libs insist that the trip is not paid for by the taxpayers.

Could it be that it is financed by George Soros for future favors??

Last edited:
Wearing out her welcome?

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama brought the importance of education to the foreground on Sunday on the third day of a visit to China, where she has won praise for her approachability and admiration for her comments supporting freedom of speech.

Mrs. Obama, traveling with her two daughters, has been photographed at famous spots including the Forbidden City and Great Wall during the first independent trip by a U.S. president's wife to China. She has won compliments for her elegant clothing and her interactions with ordinary people in a country where it is rare to see leaders' spouses or children in public.

"She is very warm and frank, and when she is talking to people she conscientiously listens to what they have to say," said Wu Qing, a retired professor of Beijing Foreign Studies University who met Mrs. Obama on Sunday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-obama-praised-for-style-warmth-in-china/

Last edited:
Students who met Mrs. Obama praised her affability. "She was so approachable," said Lu Yuhong, 16, who guided the first lady in writing the Chinese character "eternal" in calligraphy at the Beijing school.

Mu Rongduomijia, 16, said she traveled Saturday from the northeastern city of Dalian to Beijing, hoping to hear Mrs. Obama's speech. Instead, she waited outside for glimpses of the first lady's entourage.

"It was touching to see so many people waiting for her arrival and departure, and that's because of her personal charisma," Mu said, noting she was impressed with the manners of Malia and Sasha.

Man oh man, if I was on my vacation of a lifetime and had to be screened every time I tried to get to my hotel room, I'd be pissed.

Come on libs. You'd be pissed off to.

security should be none existent then???They are just doing their job....

Yep. I'm sure its inconvenient but if the Chinese don't like it, I really don't care. My First and my president are far more important to me and my country than what the maid in the hotel says.

But then, I'm an American and loyal to my own country.

Just as some rw's have sided against their country about Putin, not surprising they do the same about China. Since they hate their own country so much, JUST LEAVE.

I remember reading about them running up and down the halls naked and drunk in a hotel in Argentina. If I remember correctly, they were asked to leave the country.

Its just amazing what the Bushes got away with and that's before we get to the war crimes.

Wearing out her welcome?

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama brought the importance of education to the foreground on Sunday on the third day of a visit to China, where she has won praise for her approachability and admiration for her comments supporting freedom of speech.

Mrs. Obama, traveling with her two daughters, has been photographed at famous spots including the Forbidden City and Great Wall during the first independent trip by a U.S. president's wife to China. She has won compliments for her elegant clothing and her interactions with ordinary people in a country where it is rare to see leaders' spouses or children in public.

"She is very warm and frank, and when she is talking to people she conscientiously listens to what they have to say," said Wu Qing, a retired professor of Beijing Foreign Studies University who met Mrs. Obama on Sunday.

Michelle Obama praised for style, warmth in China - CBS News

Yep, wherever they go, the whole family is always very popular with their fellow human beings. Their also very popular with Americans they visit.

No wonder some rw's hate them.

Wearing out her welcome?

Michelle Obama praised for style, warmth in China - CBS News

Yep, wherever they go, the whole family is always very popular with their fellow human beings. Their also very popular with Americans they visit.

No wonder some rw's hate them.

The Obamas are popular around the globe and are well received by everyone except the Republican Party....better known as the Party of Putin

Forum List

Back