First gun you ever shot?

Grandfathers 12 ga shotgun.

It was given to me on my 16th birthday.

When I moved out of state 10 years ago, I gave it to the oldest nephew carrying the family name

At 7 my father got me an ithica .22 single shot lever action Ted Williams 340.

Still got it.

Dad's nine-shot .22 High-Standard Sentinel target pistol, when I was five or six. He had to cock it for me.

I still have it.

wm_1634132.jpg

1910 Winchester 22 when I was seven. Hunting rabbits. Given a Reminton 12 gauge shotgun for hunting on my tenth birthday.
Bought a Winchester 30-30 for my saddle gun and super Blackhawk 44 magnum for my sidearm when I was 16.

1910 Winchester 22 when I was seven. Hunting rabbits. Given a Reminton 12 gauge shotgun for hunting on my tenth birthday.
Bought a Winchester 30-30 for my saddle gun and super Blackhawk 44 magnum for my sidearm when I was 16.
How did you by a handgun when you were under age? Private sale?

P14 enfield in 300 win magnum when I was 8. Did not shoot again until I was 19.

The first time I shot a weapon was in 1944 in the basement firing range of the 14th Regiment NY under controlled supervision. It was a pistol circa 1918 .45 cal revolver. I was very impressed and did not seek to shoot again until my teenage years. I remember the heavy weight and the loud percussive sound. My ears rang for sometime after that.

Was a private sale but then again laws were not as strict back then.

Was a private sale but then again laws were not as strict back then.
Thanks I was just wondering, but the age limit to but a handgun has been 21 since 1968. It was called the "safe streets" act". lol

Forum List

Back