First arrest under new Arizona law.

Why would you comment on a post about a TV show you have no interest in?

Obviously you cared enough to chime in.

You really hate people that use google, don't you?

Nonsense, I only stepped in when you insulted someone for not knowing about your tv show, calling that person and now me "ignorant". I don't believe knowing not knowing about a tv show out there makes you "ignorant". I do think calling someone "ignorant" for not knowing a tv show you like or mention makes you an ass....but I don't usually say so. I guess being called ignorant a second time got to me.

So now you're going to the ol' tried and true tactic of lying.

I never called YOU ignorant (in this thread).

But yes, lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular is the definition of ignorant. When I find a particular subject I'm not aware of I educate myself on that subject before I make a comment.

When you call someone ignorant for not knowing about a show I don't know anything about, I consider that to be calling me ignorant too....how can one person be ignorant for one thing and not another?

Naive, I can accept, but not ignorant.

Nonsense, I only stepped in when you insulted someone for not knowing about your tv show, calling that person and now me "ignorant". I don't believe knowing not knowing about a tv show out there makes you "ignorant". I do think calling someone "ignorant" for not knowing a tv show you like or mention makes you an ass....but I don't usually say so. I guess being called ignorant a second time got to me.

But yes, lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular is the definition of ignorant. When I find a particular subject I'm not aware of I educate myself on that subject before I make a comment.

When you call someone ignorant for not knowing about a show I don't know anything about, I consider that to be calling me ignorant too....how can one person be ignorant for one thing and not another?

But you did know something about the show. So you weren't totally ignorant.

What did I know?

What did I know?

If you were paying attention and I assume you were, you would know the premise of the show.

He went on about how there's a "super computer" that's watching and listening to everyone in this country....etc..

And that is pretty much the premise of the show.

It's big brother on steroids.

What did I know?

If you were paying attention and I assume you were, you would know the premise of the show.

He went on about how there's a "super computer" that's watching and listening to everyone in this country....etc..

Well, big brother is on steroids, haven't you read about those "droids?" See how far TSA goes? A couple of weeks ago there was a helicopter buzzing above our house for more than an hour in the middle of the night. I didn't get up to look and see what they were doing and there was no mention of it in ANY newspaper or news site online that I can find. Big brother is sure as hell doing something and they're not telling us.

Remember Katrina and the military taking away citizens guns? The police shooting dead citizens that were trying to get out? FEMA turning back trucks filled with supplies for the survivors? You really don't think big brother is on steroids?

What did I know?

Well, big brother is on steroids, haven't you read about those "droids?" See how far TSA goes? A couple of weeks ago there was a helicopter buzzing above our house for more than an hour in the middle of the night. I didn't get up to look and see what they were doing and there was no mention of it in ANY newspaper or news site online that I can find. Big brother is sure as hell doing something and they're not telling us.

Remember Katrina and the military taking away citizens guns? The police shooting dead citizens that were trying to get out? FEMA turning back trucks filled with supplies for the survivors? You really don't think big brother is on steroids?

It was the police, they were looking for a supect that ran from the stolen car he was in.

It's all a big secret, what you don't know won't hurt you.

I remember all the looting that was going on after Katrina and why the military had to get involved. Not only for law and order but to rescue the idiots that refused to evacuate.

I said " It's big brother on steroids", so why must you ask, "You really don't think big brother is on steroids?"?

And the Danziger Bridge shootings which you allude to was an isolated event and the officers involved were tried and convicted.

It was the police, they were looking for a supect that ran from the stolen car he was in.

I remember all the looting that was going on after Katrina and why the military had to get involved. Not only for law and order but to rescue the idiots that refused to evacuate.

I said " It's big brother on steroids", so why must you ask, "You really don't think big brother is on steroids?"?

And the Danziger Bridge shootings which you allude to was an isolated event and the officers involved were tried and convicted.

Did that bring back the dead?

Was it supposed to?

offtopicexit.jpg

Was it supposed to?

I guess you missed my point, or maybe I missed yours. The military went door to door in New Orleans in areas that were not flooded or damaged and took people's guns away, leaving them in their homes to protect themselves from looters with nothing but their bare hands or kitchen knives. Is say that was way out of bounds considering our 2nd amendment, wouldn't you? I believe that was a test to see if they could take away all our guns and I think America failed.

Was it supposed to?

I guess you missed my point, or maybe I missed yours. The military went door to door in New Orleans in areas that were not flooded or damaged and took people's guns away, leaving them in their homes to protect themselves from looters with nothing but their bare hands or kitchen knives. Is say that was way out of bounds considering our 2nd amendment, wouldn't you? I believe that was a test to see if they could take away all our guns and I think America failed.

You have a link to that? I don't recall that particular event happening.

Was it supposed to?

It was on live television, even Geroldo couldn't come up with an adequate excuse for it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4]NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube[/ame]

NRA to settle suit over Katrina gun seizures - USATODAY.com

N.O. Police Returning Guns Confiscated Post-Katrina | Fox News

Here are the top 3 from when I googled "Katrina guns confiscated"

Was it supposed to?

It happened, all right. It also took most legal gun owners a year or more to get their weapons BACK, and some of them STILL haven't gotten them returned.

It happened, all right. It also took most legal gun owners a year or more to get their weapons BACK, and some of them STILL haven't gotten them returned.

Can't blame him for not knowing about it, unless you saw it live, you didn't know about it, the media hushed it up for the longest time.

Can't blame him for not knowing about it, unless you saw it live, you didn't know about it, the media hushed it up for the longest time.

I'm an NRA Life Member...

It was on live television, even Geroldo couldn't come up with an adequate excuse for it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4]NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube[/ame]

According to the links you exaggerated the facts a little.

You made it sound they went door to door for the sole purpose of removing weapons. That was not the case.

According to the links you exaggerated the facts a little.

You made it sound they went door to door for the sole purpose of removing weapons. That was not the case.

Some people will defend the government no matter what. Those are the ones we have the most to fear. The only thing we need for evil to win is for the good to do nothing.

I don't blame them for taking them. But they should have returned them sooner than they did.

They were going into empty and sometimes abandoned houses and if they found weapons they would take them. Their reason is logical if you think about it.

Forum List

Back