Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

So, let me get this straight: Folks are saying that it's OK to pay for fire protection only when your house is on fire, like this moron in the article.

And, how do the fire trucks get paid for? How do the firefighters eat and feed their families?

What sort of stupidity flows through this thread?

Everything today is politcal, at the very least this message board is an example. A house burning can spread to a conflagration. Making fire protection a fee for service is a political decision, most likely forced by the cry "no new taxes".
Seems this guys irresponsible behavior is fringe, wouldn't you agree?

fringe what?

fringe left side of the bell curve?

Fringe today is best described by the rug being rolled into a tube. The far left and the far right meet at the fringe, and the loudest voices today are from the finge which before the move was on the far right edge.
So Del, respond to the analogy of healthcare. If he had chosen not to pay for a required public option and went to the local hospital for treatment of a serious infectious disease, should he be treated or sent away. Not a perfect example, but one which deserves consideration, imo.

he should be quarantined and billed for the cost.

Everything today is politcal, at the very least this message board is an example. A house burning can spread to a conflagration. Making fire protection a fee for service is a political decision, most likely forced by the cry "no new taxes".
Seems this guys irresponsible behavior is fringe, wouldn't you agree?

fringe what?

Fringe today is best described by the rug being rolled into a tube. The far left and the far right meet at the fringe, and the loudest voices today are from the finge which before the move was on the far right edge.
So Del, respond to the analogy of healthcare. If he had chosen not to pay for a required public option and went to the local hospital for treatment of a serious infectious disease, should he be treated or sent away. Not a perfect example, but one which deserves consideration, imo.

You're using a ridiculous analogy.

In your comparison, there is a distinction between lives at stake, and no lives at stake.

Use a better analogy and we'll talk.

That's the sort of information that is required, by law, to be divulged prior to the sale of the property.

Real estate law is pretty idiosyncratic, hjmick, and WTF would think to ask "do I need to volunteer to pay for fire protection?" I would guess the property insurance company and mortgage lender were clueless, else this fee would have been escrowed and paid.

Lots of blame to go around here, lots of waste, lots of pain....and no upside at all.

As idiosyncratic as it may be, there is no way the issue of protective services and any potential fees to retain such will not be divulged during the course of the sale of any property that could be effected by not paying said fees. Failing to do so would open many people some very serious litigation.

A first year law student would know to join the mortgage lender, etc. in a suit over this nonsense. I bet you $5 they can't get out on summary judgment, hjmick.

Stupidity In Action.

fringe what?

Serious consideration, del. Oh well, I have honey dues do. I really never expect serious debate anyway.

fringe what?

Then why not put the fire out and sue to recover those costs from homeowners who do not pay the fee in advance?

Real estate law is pretty idiosyncratic, hjmick, and WTF would think to ask "do I need to volunteer to pay for fire protection?" I would guess the property insurance company and mortgage lender were clueless, else this fee would have been escrowed and paid.

Lots of blame to go around here, lots of waste, lots of pain....and no upside at all.

As idiosyncratic as it may be, there is no way the issue of protective services and any potential fees to retain such will not be divulged during the course of the sale of any property that could be effected by not paying said fees. Failing to do so would open many people some very serious litigation.

A first year law student would know to join the mortgage lender, etc. in a suit over this nonsense. I bet you $5 they can't get out on summary judgment, Wry.

Stupidity In Action.

i would guess, although i don't know for sure, that law suits have been filed in previous cases and that the plaintiff lost, or the policy would have been changed.

Then why not put the fire out and sue to recover those costs from homeowners who do not pay the fee in advance?

Thanks maddie, you restore my faith that some on this MB actually think about an issue.

A first year law student would know to join the mortgage lender, etc. in a suit over this nonsense. I bet you $5 they can't get out on summary judgment, Wry.

Stupidity In Action.

i would guess, although i don't know for sure, that law suits have been filed in previous cases and that the plaintiff lost, or the policy would have been changed.

One would think so, in twenty years' time, but I suspect not or this asinine policy would have been modified.

So, let me get this straight: Folks are saying that it's OK to pay for fire protection only when your house is on fire, like this moron in the article.

And, how do the fire trucks get paid for? How do the firefighters eat and feed their families?

What sort of stupidity flows through this thread?

That was kind of the point I made earlier. If everyone in the are decided they'd pay on delivery of the service (ie when their house actually burned down), they would have no fire service.

because his house burning down isn't going to cause other people to get an infectious disease and possibly die?

because then no one would pay the fee?

because it's not the city's responsibility to put out fires in the county?

take your pick

Because funding for fire departments is hard enough to come by. Perhaps they don't revel in the idea of having to wait on litigation to finally receive money owed.

:cuckoo:

Sue to recover from those who freely chose not to pay? What the fuck did they have to do with this?

Well, gee, I wonder if the answer to that would be that - if they did that, then more people (possibly even the majority) wouldn't pay at all. And then.... who exactly is gonna pay for the service?

Honestly, Mads, think it through.

Forum List

Back