Fire summer

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Right now there are two small towns in Eastern Oregon threatened by a massive fire. They have requested more federal aid, in the form of a hot shot crew, more aircraft, and fire engines. Only to be told that there are about 100 fires ahead of them. The Forest Service will run out of money for fires this coming week, and start pulling money from it's forest management budget to cover fire fighting.

As the summers get warmer and longer, in the West, dryer, also, we are seeing a massive increase in the size and amount of fires. But the facts don't fit the 'Conservatives' alternative universe of no warming, therefore, no additional money for fighting the fires that cannot exist because there is no warming.

There is an election coming up next year, and I hope the people of Eastern Oregon remember that their GOP Rep was one of those that has been trying to defund the government. Be nice to get rid of the final neanderthal that we have left in our elected officials in Oregon.

Fires do not know politics. we had ours here in Arizona and Obama turned down our request for tankers. Fires destroy and kill. Welcome to the real world.

But the preparations for the fires that are inevitable from the warming created by our GHGs are being prevented by people with your politics. As for being in the real world, at 70+, I know a good deal more about the real world than you do. Including a couple of summers over 40 years ago fighting fires in Eastern Oregon.

Yes, fire destroys and kills, and the deniers are part and parcel of that destruction.

But the preparations for the fires that are inevitable from the warming created by our GHGs are being prevented by people with your politics. As for being in the real world, at 70+, I know a good deal more about the real world than you do. Including a couple of summers over 40 years ago fighting fires in Eastern Oregon.

Yes, fire destroys and kills, and the deniers are part and parcel of that destruction.
The earth has been COOLING for two decades. Unless you listen to that idiot Al Gore. "Global cooling is caused by global warming". When I heard those words from that idiot's mouth. Well just glad he never had his finger on the button.

Forum List

Back