Finding Dory was a Boring Movie

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
It was really the same exact plot as "Finding Nemo" and an attempt to recapture the magic of that movie.

I think Pixar should stop making sequels and break fresh ground with new ideas, not rehash old ideas in an attempt to CA$H in.

The entire time I was waiting for the lesbian couple and I never saw them.

Afterwards, I was told there WAS a lesbian couple, a woman who called another woman "honey" or some bullshit like that.

My waitress calls me "honey" so this is really bullshit to say this is breaking some kind of controversial new ground.

If Disney is going to stir up shit with LGBT references, they could at least do it in more than a fraction of a second scene easily missed by someone who was looking for it.

It seemed that the theme of the movie was handicapped people overcoming their handicaps. Dory had to overcome her short term memory loss. Destiny the whale had to overcome her near-sightedness, the Beluga whale who believed he could no longer do sonar, the seven-armed octopus who wanted to hide from the world, etc. That's a theme I can relate to, but there were too many other aspects of the movie that decreased my enjoyment, like the fact that it wasn't that funny and it wasn't that interesting, and there was no big plot pay-off to make it all worthwhile.

I though that it was rather sweet, especially since I saw no QUEER couple, as you do in EVERY FUCKING NEW TV show!
I think Dory is ghey...or just misunderstood...

Is that what memory loss means to you?
I don't know, I forgot..

Nice to know you're queer...have you met Aaron yet?
Who are you talking to?
Moonbeam!

I think Dory is ghey...or just misunderstood...

Is that what memory loss means to you?
I don't know, I forgot..

Nice to know you're queer...have you met Aaron yet?
Who are you talking to?
Moonbeam!
Oh, ok, I must have Moonbeam on "ignore" because I can't see his or her part of this conversation you are having.

Finding Dory was a reminder to me that things don't really get interesting until you meet the villain.

In Frozen, you don't know who the real villain is until the last reel of the movie. It was a great plot twist, but I think it was a mistake to keep the most interesting aspect of the movie hidden until almost the end.

In the original Star Wars, the villain is the first character you meet. He walks onstage, black mask gasping for air, black cape flowing, stepping over dead bodies indifferently, you just know the guy is a major badass.

In Finding Dory there is no villain, so things never get interesting. There is the classic "Man v. Nature" thing going, but at some point you need more than fish overcoming physical obstacles to make an interesting story.

Finding Dory was a reminder to me that things don't really get interesting until you meet the villain.

In Frozen, you don't know who the real villain is until the last reel of the movie. It was a great plot twist, but I think it was a mistake to keep the most interesting aspect of the movie hidden until almost the end.

In the original Star Wars, the villain is the first character you meet. He walks onstage, black mask gasping for air, black cape flowing, stepping over dead bodies indifferently, you just know the guy is a major badass.

In Finding Dory there is no villain, so things never get interesting. There is the classic "Man v. Nature" thing going, but at some point you need more than fish overcoming physical obstacles to make an interesting story.

Well the new Frozen is supposed to have....

elsa-lesbian-princess.jpg

I haven't seen Finding Dory yet, but when it comes on TV, I will watch it I guess. But I agree....part two's of movies usually are not that great.

The sequels to Toy Story were great, but they didn't recycle the story, they advanced it.

Finding Dory is just a retread, with the same exact plot. They really should have taken the time and effort and money and made a movie that was original.

Forum List

Back