Finally tried bone marrow

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So I made birria tacos this weekend. My GF wanted beef, so I thought i would get a roast and maybe some ox tail. Walmart was out of ox tail, but they had beef bones with marrow in them. I thought i would give it a try.
I got 6 chunks, put 4 in the juice, and put 2 to the side because we wanted to try them by themselves and see what all the fuss was about.. I put some salt and pepper on the 2, and air fried them for a few minutes. OMFG We both fell in love!!!!!!!!!! If I wasnt drinking, I would have went to walmart and got more lol.
I suggest this to everyone that enjoys beef!

P.S. The marrow never broke down in the stew, so we fished them out of the pot and ate them too :lol:

So I made birria tacos this weekend. My GF wanted beef, so I thought i would get a roast and maybe some ox tail. Walmart was out of ox tail, but they had beef bones with marrow in them. I thought i would give it a try.
I got 6 chunks, put 4 in the juice, and put 2 to the side because we wanted to try them by themselves and see what all the fuss was about.. I put some salt and pepper on the 2, and air fried them for a few minutes. OMFG We both fell in love!!!!!!!!!! If I wasnt drinking, I would have went to walmart and got more lol.

P.S. The marrow never broke down in the stew, so we fished them out of the pot and ate them too :lol:
you must be an ugly fat fuck lol i no longer want to kiss your feet

When you get more marrow bones........roast them with some onion and garlic with skins & roots on, celery with leaves, maybe a carrot or two (peel on), then once they're all browned & smelling heavenly, put them in a crock or stock pot and add some bay leaf, peppercorns, a little ACV (apple cider vinegar), salt & pepper and plenty of water to cover. Put the lid on and let it barely simmer (do not boil). The longer you let it go, the better it will be. I'm talking minimum 24 hours, 48 to 72 is better. You will then have some of the best bone broth for soups, gravy, sauces, etc.

You can also do that with other bones as well.......chicken, pork if you like that, whatever. Bones can be raw or even precooked (leftover from other meals)

The ACV (maybe about a tablespoon) added to the pot, doesn't really effect the taste, but it helps leach out the vitamins/minerals from the bones.

If it does boil, it makes the broth more cloudy, keeping it just below a bubble should make it more clear......but it's more of an asthetic thing. it won't hurt you or effect the taste.

My grandpa always told me the marrow is the best part and best for you. He had me breaking chicken and turkey bones to get to the marrow when I was four years old. My mom was thoroughly aghast when she saw me doing that. I can still hear her saying this as she told my dad, "Look ****** now he has her eating bones like a dog!"

My grandpa always told me the marrow is the best part and best for you. He had me breaking chicken and turkey bones to get to the marrow when I was four years old. My mom was thoroughly aghast when she saw me doing that. I can still hear her saying this as she told my dad, "Look ****** now he has her eating bones like a dog!"

I did too. Even now I'll sometimes chew on the soft ends of the larger poultry bones. I think it comes from cutting my teeth on them when I was a toddler.

Love bone marrow!!
It's like beef butter. The first time we tried it it was fantastic!!!!
The second time it was awful,the first one's had been soaked in salt water and cleaned by the seller.
Of course we didnt know this at the time so we bought some canoe cut leg bones and just salt and peppered them and put em in the oven.
They were nasty!!!
So of course I had to get on the internet and see what went wrong. And there it was,you have to soak them in saltwater overnight changing the water 2 or 3 times.
We had some a few weeks ago and they were fantastic!!!
We always spread it on garlic bread.
Also learned you need 4 to 6 halfs per person. :eusa_drool:

Love bone marrow!!
It's like beef butter. The first time we tried it it was fantastic!!!!
The second time it was awful,the first one's had been soaked in salt water and cleaned by the seller.
Of course we didnt know this at the time so we bought some canoe cut leg bones and just salt and peppered them and put em in the oven.
They were nasty!!!
So of course I had to get on the internet and see what went wrong. And there it was,you have to soak them in saltwater overnight changing the water 2 or 3 times.
We had some a few weeks ago and they were fantastic!!!
We always spread it on garlic bread.
Also learned you need 4 to 6 halfs per person. :eusa_drool:
R.84b5139edf6c38efbf78402d57ceece6

Forum List

Back