Finally someone said it:Why should Group demand minority status based on what they do in the bedroom

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
While a lot of the reaction to LGBT politics from the religious right goes "too far" with unnecessary rejection and judgment against people personally, I think this man's statement sticks to the core issue of "NOT protecting someone based on their sexual behavior."

The arguments defending LGBT, and Transgender in particular, aren't focused on behavior but spiritually how people believe and identify as individuals, which is the equivalent of their own expression of faith and beliefs.

But for those who see this externally as an issue of "outward appearance
and behavior," I think this guy hits the target right on, and with as diplomatic
and clear explanation as possible, given the highly contentious subject matter.

I think he does very well with such a difficult issue to address and explain:

World Congress of Families in Kenya: Africans 'Should Be Horrified' at LGBT Actions in USA -- 'It's Insane'

"We’re not saying that these people have to be persecuted," said Feder, an author and former Boston Herald columnist. "We’re not saying that you can’t have compassion for them -- of course, you can. But you can’t let this be the role model. And you can’t allow Christians and other religious people to be persecuted because they refuse to go along with this agenda.”

“You know, other people have demanded minority status based on their religion, based on their race," said Feder, a graduate of Boston University Law School.

"This is the first group that demands minority status based on what they do in their bedrooms. And that’s what makes it so dangerous."

"And if you look at the United States, I mean if Africans look seriously at the United States, they should be horrified by what’s going on," he said.
Turning to the transgender issue, Feder said, “We now have the latest created gender, transgender. Men who feel they’re actually women, women who feel they’re actually men. The latest front in the culture war is bathrooms, transgender bathrooms."

"The idea is, if you’re a man who feels you’re actually a woman, you should be able to use a woman’s bathroom, changing room, showers," said Feder. "This is absolutely insane."

"What about the privacy, the modesty of women and girls?" he said. "But in our legal system that’s irrelevant because the rights of so-called transgenders are far more important.”

Last edited:
whos discriminating on what people do in the bedroom ?

Dear Timmy:
he's saying that people shouldn't have special rights
just because they are gay or transgender.

Biological men having the right to use the women's and girl's facilities,
and to PENALIZE schools or public institutions who refuse
this access, is giving them special rights over the rights of others
who feel violated and unsafe.

So the convenience and preference of those who WANT that LGBT policy is placed ABOVE the equal rights of others who want a different bathroom policy. Thus that is discriminating where people with LGBT beliefs are favored while those who believe in traditional policy are
punished and harassed for their beliefs, which should be treated equally.

Right?

Shouldn't govt be NEUTRAL and not take sides putting one
before the other, and even PENALIZING people for their beliefs?

While a lot of the reaction to LGBT politics from the religious right goes "too far" with unnecessary rejection and judgment against people personally, I think this man's statement sticks to the core issue of "NOT protecting someone based on their sexual behavior."

The arguments defending LGBT, and Transgender in particular, aren't focused on behavior but spiritually how people believe and identify as individuals, which is the equivalent of their own expression of faith and beliefs.

and behavior," I think this guy hits the target right on, and with as diplomatic

World Congress of Families in Kenya: Africans 'Should Be Horrified' at LGBT Actions in USA -- 'It's Insane'

"We’re not saying that these people have to be persecuted," said Feder, an author and former Boston Herald columnist. "We’re not saying that you can’t have compassion for them -- of course, you can. But you can’t let this be the role model. And you can’t allow Christians and other religious people to be persecuted because they refuse to go along with this agenda.”

“You know, other people have demanded minority status based on their religion, based on their race," said Feder, a graduate of Boston University Law School.

"This is the first group that demands minority status based on what they do in their bedrooms. And that’s what makes it so dangerous."

"And if you look at the United States, I mean if Africans look seriously at the United States, they should be horrified by what’s going on," he said.
Turning to the transgender issue, Feder said, “We now have the latest created gender, transgender. Men who feel they’re actually women, women who feel they’re actually men. The latest front in the culture war is bathrooms, transgender bathrooms."

"The idea is, if you’re a man who feels you’re actually a woman, you should be able to use a woman’s bathroom, changing room, showers," said Feder. "This is absolutely insane."

"What about the privacy, the modesty of women and girls?" he said. "But in our legal system that’s irrelevant because the rights of so-called transgenders are far more important.”
I would assume they're a protected group because of the merciless persecution they faced in the past and are currently facing here in the U.S. and throughout the entire rest of the world.

So, the right treat them as a minority, denying them access to equal rights and things like that, then get annoyed when they try and declare themselves a minority group....

Seems you want to have your cake, want to eat your cake, and want to shove it in someone's face.

So you think minority status should apply to race instead of to disabled, homeless, drug addict, mentally ill, gay etc etc?

I think it should be the opposite. African Americans posses entire cites. You aren't a minority if your group is almost 100%.

I would agree that African American leaders would do better owning and managing their own property, businesses, schools, districts etc. To get away from the constant fight against outside ownership and control.

It makes a real difference in sense of identity and equality
if people own their own property and exercise a sense of sovereignty.

That has been denied to people who aren't descended from
the "founding fathers" and/or don't feel they identify with this lineage.

Why not reward people for taking on responsibility for
ownership and management?

So, the right treat them as a minority, denying them access to equal rights and things like that, then get annoyed when they try and declare themselves a minority group....

Seems you want to have your cake, want to eat your cake, and want to shove it in someone's face.

No, two wrongs don't make a right.

Is it equally wrongful to discriminate against people
of LGBT beliefs identity and expression as it is to
discriminate against people of other beliefs and values.

Defending one does NOT mean attacking the other frigidweirdo
or that makes both groups WRONG if they are doing this to each other!

So you think minority status should apply to race instead of to disabled, homeless, drug addict, mentally ill, gay etc etc?

I think it should be the opposite. African Americans posses entire cites. You aren't a minority if your group is almost 100%.

I would agree that African American leaders would do better owning and managing their own property, businesses, schools, districts etc. To get away from the constant fight against outside ownership and control.

It makes a real difference in sense of identity and equality
if people own their own property and exercise a sense of sovereignty.

That has been denied to people who aren't descended from
the "founding fathers" and/or don't feel they identify with this lineage.

Why not reward people for taking on responsibility for
ownership and management?
I don't know why. There is always controllers.

I would assume they're a protected group because of the merciless persecution they faced in the past and are currently facing here in the U.S. and throughout the entire rest of the world.

Dear TheOldSchool
Even so, even if they are persecuted as Christians and Muslims
have been, does that give them (or Christians or Muslims) the right
to demand special recognition and treatment by govt?

So because Christians are persecuted, they can demand that govt recognize they have been harassed for their beliefs, and demand that govt PUNISH anyone who rejects Christianity? Really?

Is that an appropriate response?

I'm not saying it's acceptable to persecute anyone,
but I'm saying that ALL sides and beliefs should be respected and protected.

But that's not what is happening with govt and laws enforced.
People are being punished for their beliefs in conflict with LGBT,
instead of protecting all people of all beliefs equally. The govt is abused to take sides.

If we did this with Hindus and Muslims, and sided/defending the Hindus
while punishing the Muslims for rejecting them, that would clearly be
unconstitutional for govt to enforce any such onesided policy.

Why are we taking sides with bathroom policy or marriage policies?
If people don't agree why is the govt forcing one policy for all people?

Minority status shouldn't exist, regardless.

Yeah ! Stupid handicapped parking spots!!!
I wasn't referring to disabled people, so you don't have to worry about your parking spots.

But they are a minority? And you said , and I quote "minority status shouldn't exist "!

That's what you said . Now you make exceptions ? So which is it????
You know, if you want to get really specific, while I wasn't referring to them, I don't think they should count either~

So, no, no handicapped parking spots. We're all just people, so they should all be treated the same, with no special treatment anywhere. So, yes, since you're mentally handicapped, if I had my way, you'd lose your parking spot, too. Problem?

No, two wrongs don't make a right.

Is it equally wrongful to discriminate against people
of LGBT beliefs identity and expression as it is to
discriminate against people of other beliefs and values.

Defending one does NOT mean attacking the other frigidweirdo
or that makes both groups WRONG if they are doing this to each other!

If discrimination didn't happen at all, then there would be no need for minority status. No, two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, however all I'm doing is explaining why people feel the need for minority status, not saying I believe in minority status. In a perfect world it wouldn't exist, but we happen to have a lot of people who seem to think that discrimination is a good thing, and so we have those who fight for minority rights.

whos discriminating on what people do in the bedroom ?

Dear Timmy:
he's saying that people shouldn't have special rights
just because they are gay or transgender.

Biological men having the right to use the women's and girl's facilities,
and to PENALIZE schools or public institutions who refuse
this access, is giving them special rights over the rights of others
who feel violated and unsafe.

So the convenience and preference of those who WANT that LGBT policy is placed ABOVE the equal rights of others who want a different bathroom policy. Thus that is discriminating where people with LGBT beliefs are favored while those who believe in traditional policy are
punished and harassed for their beliefs, which should be treated equally.

Right?

Shouldn't govt be NEUTRAL and not take sides putting one
before the other, and even PENALIZING people for their beliefs?
Why do religious groups get special rights?

Minority status shouldn't exist, regardless.

Yeah ! Stupid handicapped parking spots!!!
I wasn't referring to disabled people, so you don't have to worry about your parking spots.

But they are a minority? And you said , and I quote "minority status shouldn't exist "!

That's what you said . Now you make exceptions ? So which is it????
You know, if you want to get really specific, while I wasn't referring to them, I don't think they should count either~

So, no, no handicapped parking spots. We're all just people, so they should all be treated the same, with no special treatment anywhere. So, yes, since you're mentally handicapped, if I had my way, you'd lose your parking spot, too. Problem?

Yeah. You'd be like "fuck you disable vet, grow some legs and use the stairs". I think that sucks .

Once again, conservatives confuse sex with love

You should be ashamed Emily. Are you defined by what you do in the bedroom?

Forum List

Back