Finally one goes to prison.

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Feb 16, 10:15 PM EST

Ex-NY priest gets prison on Mass. rape charges

PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) -- A former Roman Catholic priest convicted of raping two altar boys in western Massachusetts in the 1980s has been sentenced to 20 to 25 years in state prison.

Gary Mercure of Troy, N.Y., was convicted earlier this month of three counts of forcible rape of a child and one count of indecent assault and battery of a child under 14.

Mercure was sentenced Wednesday by a Berkshire Superior Court judge.

Prosecutors say Mercure raped the boys in the Berkshires between 1986 and 1989, while he was a priest in the Diocese of Albany, N.Y. He was defrocked in 2008.

TBO.com - News From AP

I don't tend to enjoy people going to prison. I mourn the fact that we need them.

Good. Now they can get some more in there to keep him company.
I have no sympathy for pervs on children.

Feb 16, 10:15 PM EST

Ex-NY priest gets prison on Mass. rape charges

PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) -- A former Roman Catholic priest convicted of raping two altar boys in western Massachusetts in the 1980s has been sentenced to 20 to 25 years in state prison.

Gary Mercure of Troy, N.Y., was convicted earlier this month of three counts of forcible rape of a child and one count of indecent assault and battery of a child under 14.

Mercure was sentenced Wednesday by a Berkshire Superior Court judge.

Prosecutors say Mercure raped the boys in the Berkshires between 1986 and 1989, while he was a priest in the Diocese of Albany, N.Y. He was defrocked in 2008.

TBO.com - News From AP

I don't understand the Catholic Church

They have so much resources on hand that they can treat the victims through Catholic inhouse system. You go to this catholic psych. You buy from this catholic Pharmicists. Hell, they can cover their entire congregation from "the pervs that slipp through the cracks" insurance!!

By the way.....Didn't the Catholic church keep castrated little boys for their pleasure..?

Last edited:
Not only that, but he has this to contend with:

"If anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a huge millstone tied around his neck and to be thrown into the sea."
Mark 9:42

Forum List

Back