Final Nail in GOP Coffin- A Brokered Convention

TPP as the final straw for me. So I really have no say in the primaries.

I am hoping for a brokered convention. I see the GOP doing everything they can to stop Trump from getting the nomination. When they do that, I hope all those who voted for Trump abandon the GOP completely.

President Gary Johnson has a nice ring to it.

Who the hell is Gary Johnson?

The primaries are coming to a close, Trump will be the nomonee and the party will rally, just as usual.

Rivals spar with Trump on trust at GOP debate – but all vow to support nominee

Like they did behind McCain? Romney?

Dont' bet on it

McCain might as well been a democrat. Romney is now showing why he sucks, he too might as well be a progressive.

That said, I don't remember them not rallying behind them. Both won the primaries before all the states got to vote.

OK RNC, its not enough that I fired you in writing after Sen Snow sold out the party AND you caved on the shut-down. But a brokered convention will seal your fate. Go ahead and roll out Romney and steal the convention from the States who likely will confirm Trump. Go ahead, over rule the people since you know what's best. Like Joe said on Squawk Box this morning, it would be very Democrat like. Deciding what is best for the people so you get it (ACA) the voice of the people.

Maybe I'll get a chance to read about a Karl Rove funeral. A brokered convention will deliver the fate

-Geaux
Talk about a rock and a hard place.

They don't stand in Trump's way, they get Trump, and the party falls apart. They do something, create a mutiny, and the party falls apart.

I'd say they're fucked.

Or they rally around Trump and beat the snot out of Mrs. Tuluza Clinton.
yea because we all know bitter uneducated rightwing white people are the majority in this country!! :badgrin:

OK RNC, its not enough that I fired you in writing after Sen Snow sold out the party AND you caved on the shut-down. But a brokered convention will seal your fate. Go ahead and roll out Romney and steal the convention from the States who likely will confirm Trump. Go ahead, over rule the people since you know what's best. Like Joe said on Squawk Box this morning, it would be very Democrat like. Deciding what is best for the people so you get it (ACA) the voice of the people.

Maybe I'll get a chance to read about a Karl Rove funeral. A brokered convention will deliver the fate

-Geaux

They don't stand in Trump's way, they get Trump, and the party falls apart. They do something, create a mutiny, and the party falls apart.

I'd say they're fucked.

Or they rally around Trump and beat the snot out of Mrs. Tuluza Clinton.
yea because we all know bitter uneducated rightwing white people are the majority in this country!! :badgrin:

You mean like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates?

I am hoping for a brokered convention. I see the GOP doing everything they can to stop Trump from getting the nomination. When they do that, I hope all those who voted for Trump abandon the GOP completely.

President Gary Johnson has a nice ring to it.

Who the hell is Gary Johnson?

The Libertarian candidate and two time Gov of New Mexico.

-Geaux

I'd say they're fucked.

Seems like a conundrum, eh? But if you think about it, it's not. The GOP has been beholden to the fringe for too long. We thought we needed them. The truth is that they need us far more. The GOP needs to rebrand itself as a right-of-center party of conservatives and moderates, and the option of choice among independents. That's where the money is. Not in pandering to ultra wingnuts who are so far-right they've lapped into liberals.

Let the idiots on the fringe rebel. Let them throw a fit and get the fuck out. Let them go start their own little party of racists, morons, and sibling-spouses. They are free to do so, and free to let it blow up in their faces. It'll be the best thing to happen to the Republican party since Lincoln.

I agree, but all of the energy is with the Trump populists/nationalists. I don't see how it gets there from here, and I doubt the party is done splitting up yet.

The problem is that you're still looking at it from the a very antiquated trench warfare perspective, trying to get more guns than the other side. This type of strategy is highly flawed a proven failure. It's the equivalent of buying more blankets in the middle of the winter because "that's where the warmth is."

Elections are won in the center, not on the edges. Getting Texans fired up isn't going to win the White House. Getting Floridians and Ohioans on your is the kind of thing that wins the White House. Getting Virginia on your side wins the White House.

My point is that the "energy" of the far right is irrelevant because all that amounts to is being loud. They don't get extra votes for being loud.

My point is that the "energy" of the far right is irrelevant because all that amounts to is being loud. They don't get extra votes for being loud.
Sure, agreed, but part of being loud is threatening to "primary" anyone who doesn't toe the line, attacking them publicly with as much as anger as they use on Democrats, trashing anyone who dares to even CONSIDER cooperation with the other side, and passionately backing someone like Trump, a public embarrassment whose actual position on issues is a mystery, because he annoys their own party.

Don't you think that has influence, an effect on Republican politics?

Last edited:
Trump has pulled the mask off the GOP so that we can all see the ugly mug of politics gone wrong. The same ugliness exists at the top of the Democratic party including their nominee to be. This is not politics to represent the people. This is politics twisted and perverted in order to garner and maintain power.

Sure, agreed, but part of being loud is threatening to "primary" anyone who doesn't toe the line, attacking them publicly with as much as anger as they use on Democrats, trashing anyone who dares to even CONSIDER cooperation with the other side, and passionately backing someone like Trump, a public embarrassment whose actual position on issues is a mystery, because he annoys their own party.

Yes, but you're still operating on the premise that the ideological demographic remains static. :D Rebranding to court more centrists and independents, while letting the fringe go fuck themselves in a new party eliminates the concern of "primarying" candidates who aren't lunatics.

Yes, but you're still operating on the premise that the ideological demographic remains static. :D Rebranding to court more centrists and independents, while letting the fringe go fuck themselves in a new party eliminates the concern of "primarying" candidates who aren't lunatics.
Yeah, I can see that. I've seen people from all over the spectrum say they like Trump, for example, and probably just as many conservatives say the opposite.

The normal rules just aren't applying right now.

This is confusing enough as it is.

Forum List

Back