Figuring Out How to Fit the GOP Candidates on One Debate Stage

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
A first-read article from NBC:

First Read Figuring Out How to Fit the GOP Candidates on One Debate Stage - NBC News

Here is their list of prospective candidates:

"Here is our list of the 18 Republican presidential candidates. If you capped a debate at 12, which six would you leave out?

• Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
  • Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
  • Sen. Marco Rubio
  • Sen. Rand Paul
  • Sen. Ted Cruz
  • Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
  • Former Sen. Rick Santorum
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham
  • Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
  • Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal
  • New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
  • Ohio Gov. John Kasich
  • Donald Trump
  • Carly Fiorina
  • Ben Carson
  • Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore
  • Former New York Gov. George Pataki
  • Former Maryland Gov. Bob Ehrlich"

RNC Tries Damage Control Over Debate Cap - NationalJournal.com

Republican National Committee officials are scrambling to dig themselves out from suggestions that they plan to "cap" upcoming presidential debates at nine to 12 participants—a move that could freeze out more than a half-dozen would-be candidates.

Party officials, increasingly anxious about the growing field and the GOP's ability to limit the number of participants on the debate stage this fall, arrived at last weekend's RNC spring meeting in Arizona expecting a committee-wide discussion about structural guidelines for the debate season. That discussion, to the surprise of some RNC members, never took place. But New Hampshire committeeman Steve Duprey—who chairs the RNC's panel on 2016 debates—got everyone's attention by saying: "I think there's consensus to cap it between nine and 12."

His words exacerbated a sense of panic already felt by a number of campaigns and their supporters, and by the end of the meeting, the RNC was backpedaling.

Interesting phenomenon to watch. Reminds me a little of the Democrats in 1972.... but back then they didn't have these massive televised debates just for the primaries.

What do you think? Cap at 12, or go the Full-Monty?

Well, the way I look at it is fairly simple. The republicans are (at least) making it look like there is a "choice". You idiots on the left have already coronated your "champion".

You guys seem to be fine with the Russian model for "elections".

However, in the end - it will be "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Congratulations America..........

• Banned
Well, the way I look at it is fairly simple. The republicans are (at least) making it look like there is a "choice". You idiots on the left have already coronated your "champion".

Well, let's think about that. The GOP had no problem with the "Russian" model in:

1952, 1956, 1960, 1964, 1972, 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000

Any questions, Komradski?

First Read Figuring Out How to Fit the GOP Candidates on One Debate Stage - NBC News

"Here is our list of the 18 Republican presidential candidates. If you capped a debate at 12, which six would you leave out?

• Sen. Marco Rubio
  • Sen. Rand Paul
  • Sen. Ted Cruz
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham
  • Ohio Gov. John Kasich
  • Donald Trump
  • Carly Fiorina
  • Ben Carson

Republican National Committee officials are scrambling to dig themselves out from suggestions that they plan to "cap" upcoming presidential debates at nine to 12 participants—a move that could freeze out more than a half-dozen would-be candidates.

Party officials, increasingly anxious about the growing field and the GOP's ability to limit the number of participants on the debate stage this fall, arrived at last weekend's RNC spring meeting in Arizona expecting a committee-wide discussion about structural guidelines for the debate season. That discussion, to the surprise of some RNC members, never took place. But New Hampshire committeeman Steve Duprey—who chairs the RNC's panel on 2016 debates—got everyone's attention by saying: "I think there's consensus to cap it between nine and 12."

His words exacerbated a sense of panic already felt by a number of campaigns and their supporters, and by the end of the meeting, the RNC was backpedaling.

Interesting phenomenon to watch. Reminds me a little of the Democrats in 1972.... but back then they didn't have these massive televised debates just for the primaries.

Leave out Huck, Graham, Christie, Gilmore, Pataki, Ehrlich.

Хорошо, тогда, вы должны были без больших проблем становится коммунистической партии, должны вы товарищ?

• Sen. Marco Rubio
  • Sen. Rand Paul
  • Sen. Ted Cruz
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham
  • Ohio Gov. John Kasich
  • Donald Trump
  • Carly Fiorina
  • Ben Carson

Leave out Huck, Graham, Christie, Gilmore, Pataki, Ehrlich.

Indeed. There are two or three "viable" candidates. Again - it's STILL better than that wide-assed bitch from Arkansas.....

• Sen. Marco Rubio
  • Sen. Rand Paul
  • Sen. Ted Cruz
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham
  • Ohio Gov. John Kasich
  • Donald Trump
  • Carly Fiorina
  • Ben Carson

Doesn't matter since with MAYBE a couple exceptions, they are essentially all the same.

• Sen. Marco Rubio
  • Sen. Rand Paul
  • Sen. Ted Cruz
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham
  • Ohio Gov. John Kasich
  • Donald Trump
  • Carly Fiorina
  • Ben Carson

As far as I can recall, only 6 have officially announced.

So there you go.

If the GOP was smart (and that is a HUGE "If"), they would not have as many debates as were held in the 2012 debacle. Let the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary filter out the chaff first.

The 2012 GOP campaign started out with 10 contenders. After New Hampshire, there were only 5 left standing.

I would hold the first debate on January 31, 2016. The night before the Iowa caucus.

In the 2012 season, the first debate was on May 5, 2011. We're already past that benchmark, so perhaps the GOP is learning.

There were 12 GOP primary debates in 2011. That was really, really stupid.

After Iowa, there were 8 more until Romney sewed it up. But it was over by the fourth one when Romney gutted Gingrich.

That would be commendable if what you said was true. You know, about choice. And no, I'm not calling you a liar either.

The truth is, most of those repubs are little more than messengers in search of a soapbox and have no hope of generating the kind of money it takes to run for office.

The dems are doing the same thing, of course.

Indeed. There are two or three "viable" candidates. Again - it's STILL better than that wide-assed bitch from Arkansas.....

Nice mysogony! Great work for the GOP, dude!

If you think for one moment that I have anything but disdain for that evil son-of-bitch - you haven't been paying any attention. If she dropped dead tomorrow, I would cheer. She is evil.

That would be commendable if what you said was true. You know, about choice. And no, I'm not calling you a liar either.

The truth is, most of those repubs are little more than messengers in search of a soapbox and have no hope of generating the kind of money it takes to run for office.

And that's the problem, isn't it? MONEY. So that when, "Johnny Come Lately" is actually elected - he answers to corporations. Any fool on this board who actually believes that a politician actually gives a crap about you and me - they are too stupid to be on a computer.

And that's the problem, isn't it? MONEY. So that when, "Johnny Come Lately" is actually elected - he answers to corporations. Any fool on this board who actually believes that a politician actually gives a crap about you and me - they are too stupid to be on a computer.

No, you're trying to mischaracterize what I said based on the money issue.

Some of the repubs like I said are nothing more than messengers in search of a soapbox. And that's an undeniable fact.

Forum List

Back