feral cats and kittens the saga goes on

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i have been trying to round up about 15 to 20 feral cats this lady just kinda collected then moved...well yesterday we got 3 kittens....straight to humane....i got 2 huge ass dogs and 2 cats already...well they called last night and found the last of that litter....so i go get it...

my husband saw it:

he named it:

he swears he will take full charge of all that needs to be done:

it is a female with an eye infection:

it is said to be about 5 weeks old...has teeth:

weights: 10 ozs...yea not even a lb...10 ozs...

how do i know this...well of course he went to work today...i got a vet appt....i have to take the kitten and my clark ....to vet...clark is not happy....but we will get to that in another thread...he had to have a shot...and be in a crate...but life goes on...

i have to feed tiff...with a syrgine....a thing called kitten milk replacement mixed with baby food....chicken and gravy 2....so i have been to vet ..paid bill...got kitten chow and kitten milk replacement and feed it....and

i never thought i would be so glad to see a kitten shit in my life....i got it to poop....all it took was stimulating his bottom with a wet tissue....

this is what i have been reduced to......

but hell i got pics (while they are loading ...did i mention the vet assit is the young lady my idiot son should have married 4.5 yrs ago ....i would have a grandbaby by now)

here is what hubby saw:

IMG_0696.jpg

here is not too happy clark meeting tiff:

IMG_0695.jpg

here is tiff on a piece of 8x11 paper....she is 10 oz.

IMG_0697.jpg

and best of all did i mention i got her to poop?

Last edited:
I recently took in such a needy little kitten, no older than the one you're showing here. Her mother had rejected her, kicked her to the curb, because she had worms and was too aggressively ravenous.

All alone in the world, nature and everything else conspiring against her, she needed my help. I took her to my vet and they de-wormed her. Now, she is quite the gift that keeps on giving every day, and my young male cat, Powley, has taken her under his wing. He plays with her, grooms her, teaches her the ropes, it's quite gratifying. I named her "Minnit" because she was "no bigger than a minute." Here's some pics:
Minnit%20Bear.jpg

Buddies.jpeg

MinnitWPowley.jpg

WCW.jpeg

Howdy.jpeg

0519091755a.jpeg

Monsterball.jpeg

Last edited:
I might be a tough former Marine mountain climber but nothing touches my heart more than kittens. That kitten, Bones, melts my heart. Its so fucking cute. Good for you.

And Midnight, those pictures, Christ, just about reduces me to weeping schoolgirl.

Bones, great job on rounding up the ferals and for rescuing this little guy. They just tug at your heartstrings, don't they?

Ok, so a the other week hubby saw black feral cat on shed roof inching towards tree swallow nest (in a blue bird box on the side of the shed). He chased him away but I figured under the box was a good a place as any to put the trap cause I knew the cat would be back; the baby tree swallows are getting ready to fledge. Caught black cat last week, took to spca and . . . it was a pregnant female. Set trap again when weather cleared. Saw black cat climb up fence, eyeing the tree swallows, climb into trap, sniff food but did not quick put his paw on the spring and he turned around, walked out of the trap and proceeded to spray the trees while laughing at the dog. Grrrr. Last night I'm in the family room and I hear our cat meow but he sounds far away. Windows were open so I figure he's just meowing out the window. Then I hear a noise - sounded like something fell into the tub upstairs, then I hear it again and realize it's something banging against the screen. My last cat, Eric the Cat, escaped at the age of 13 by knocking out the screen and leaving. Never saw him again. :( Anyway, I go into the living room and out comes my cat, bigger and pouffier than I've ever seen him, scared as shit. I thought he sprayed all over the window but when I went back to look, the screen is just ripped apart in about 5 or 6 places. The damned feral cat must have jumped up onto it (it's at least 6 feet off the ground) to try and get at my cat. Damn it.

This morning hubby says 'feel like taking a trip to the spca?' Caught black boy cat. As I was leaving to take youngest to bus I looked over and running from the neighbor's back yard to the house out back was the mom cat and two small kittens. Ga, I'm beginning to think it will never end.

I might be a tough former Marine mountain climber but nothing touches my heart more than kittens. That kitten, Bones, melts my heart. Its so fucking cute. Good for you.

And Midnight, those pictures, Christ, just about reduces me to weeping schoolgirl.
I have spent upwards of $8000 in the last 10 years, helping cats. I run a "barn cat" program, where I trap these feral cats, get them fixed and get them their shots, tame them up as much as possible, then give them away to area ranchers and farmers if they're still a little squirrely, and if they tame up real good I find them house-homes. My vet gives me a huge discount on all the work.

Some have to be put down, but this is due to FiV, or other incurable, spreadable ailment or, severe injury which there's some of those too. These cats, they have rewarded me beyond belief. Here's some, waiting for adoption, who live outside in my shed:
Jlo.jpeg

Oreo.jpeg

Smudge.jpeg

Here's my other in-house cats, all rescue project kitties as well:
Boogerbear
LAZY%20CAT%20ALERT%21%21.jpg

Peanut. She's about 15 now.
Grazing.gif

Powley:
Powley%20--%20Associate%20Producer.jpg

Lovey -- Just recently took in too
0523091421a.jpeg

They all have one thing in common. They want to live, they want to grow, they want to see, they want to know.... They want to share what they can give. They want to be, they want to live.

I have spent upwards of $8000 in the last 10 years, helping cats. I run a "barn cat" program, where I trap these feral cats, get them fixed and get them their shots, tame them up as much as possible, then give them away to area ranchers and farmers if they're still a little squirrely, and if they tame up real good I find them house-homes. My vet gives me a huge discount on all the work.

Some have to be put down, but this is due to FiV, or other incurable, spreadable ailment or, severe injury which there's some of those too. These cats, they have rewarded me beyond belief.

They all have one thing in common. They want to live, they want to grow, they want to see, they want to know.... They want to share what they can give. They want to be, they want to live.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Midnight Marauder again."
You're doing a great thing, MM.

Some have to be put down, but this is due to FiV, or other incurable, spreadable ailment or, severe injury which there's some of those too. These cats, they have rewarded me beyond belief.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Midnight Marauder again."
You're doing a great thing, MM.
http://eipnetworks.com/ASPCASpot.MP3

I tried to save a feral cat once. I was walking the dog and saw this kitty in some wooded area. I live in a college town so students are always getting animals and then dumping them when they flunk out. so, I go inside and get some dogfood.. go back out and slowly, slowly coax the kitty nearer with some food. After a bit I reach out and grab it so I can take it inside and call the humane society. Well, the cat had a different opinion about what was going on. As I was walking back this cute little kitty turned into a growling, hissing, ball of fuzz and claws until it scratched the piss out of me a few times and leaped into the bushes. I'm allergic to cats, too. ahh well.

I tried to save a feral cat once. I was walking the dog and saw this kitty in some wooded area. I live in a college town so students are always getting animals and then dumping them when they flunk out. so, I go inside and get some dogfood.. go back out and slowly, slowly coax the kitty nearer with some food. After a bit I reach out and grab it so I can take it inside and call the humane society. Well, the cat had a different opinion about what was going on. As I was walking back this cute little kitty turned into a growling, hissing, ball of fuzz and claws until it scratched the piss out of me a few times and leaped into the bushes. I'm allergic to cats, too. ahh well.
Nice try though!

This is why I use traps.... After a little while in the trap they think it was their idea! It's always important to let the cat think whatever's going on is his/her idea. Anyway, by the time you come along to let them out, they think you're their hero!

Nice try though!

This is why I use traps.... After a little while in the trap they think it was their idea! It's always important to let the cat think whatever's going on is his/her idea. Anyway, by the time you come along to let them out, they think you're their hero!

The traps are the only way to go. I had one cat that was so frantic in the cage that I was afraid to pick the cage up, even though I was wearing gloves and jeans and a coat. I put a dark blanket over the cage to see if it would calm him (like how you'd cover a horse's eyes to calm him) and it worked. Now I put the blanket over the cage before attempting to pick it up. Works every time; the cats remain calm.

Nice try though!

The traps are the only way to go. I had one cat that was so frantic in the cage that I was afraid to pick the cage up, even though I was wearing gloves and jeans and a coat. I put a dark blanket over the cage to see if it would calm him (like how you'd cover a horse's eyes to calm him) and it worked. Now I put the blanket over the cage before attempting to pick it up. Works every time; the cats remain calm.
What the wild ones don't see, doesn't bother them!

Bones,, Buster and I hand raised four little abandoned kitties for the Humane Society.. feeding them,, making the poop and pee and cleaning them til they were about eight weeks old.. wow,, that was some work. They all turned out to be beautiful kitties and all of them got adopted. You'll be a good mama to that beautiful kitten..:clap2:

ahhh finally thanks MM so there is Buster and his babies.. :)

Last edited:
Bones,, Buster and I hand raised four little abandoned kitties for the Humane Society.. feeding them,, making the poop and pee and cleaning them til they were about eight weeks old.. wow,, that was some work. They all turned out to be beautiful kitties and all of them got adopted. You'll be a good mama to that beautiful kitten..:clap2:

ahhh finally thanks MM so there is Buster and his babies.. :)
They are adorable!

fuck adorable....remember the man who fell in love with tiff....well he is in bed...i have been up since 4 am....he did the feeding last night.....he did something wrong....i think he gave her too much of one med but she is up and squeaking.....the big cats are curious....but so far just watch a bit and hiss a bit..i will move the crate for the larger dogs in...they hold 100 lb dogs plus then i will have to get a little litter box....i make them out of beer flats by cutting them in half or quarters and taping it so its a small little box that will fit in the larger crate....but the man is giving it a 100%....snoring

fuck adorable....remember the man who fell in love with tiff....well he is in bed...i have been up since 4 am....he did the feeding last night.....he did something wrong....i think he gave her too much of one med but she is up and squeaking.....the big cats are curious....but so far just watch a bit and hiss a bit..i will move the crate for the larger dogs in...they hold 100 lb dogs plus then i will have to get a little litter box....i make them out of beer flats by cutting them in half or quarters and taping it so its a small little box that will fit in the larger crate....but the man is giving it a 100%....snoring

stop whining,,there's a special place in heaven for people who rescue cats! it won't last long,, here,, soak yer sore ass, dust it off and get to work Papa needs his rest! :eusa_angel:

o shut up...i just woke up again...this time the phone...she is quiet ......so i am waiting for the big move and the damned beer store to open...

i slept thru the top ten damn it

she is up...she is eating on her own...want to see the bloody index finger...now she is trying to take up with someone to be her buddy...if i get out of her sight....she just squeals...

just looking for a friend:

IMG_0704.jpg

maybe trying to play with the thor's nub is not the thing to do:

IMG_0706.jpg

Forum List

Back