"Feminization of the Medal of Honor"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by geauxtohell, Nov 18, 2010.

1. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Keep it classy Bryan Fischer/American Family Association:

Bryan Fischer: The feminization of the Medal of Honor - RIGHTLYCONCERNED.COM

For those who don't want to kill brain cells, Fischer basically argues that we only reward our soldiers for saving life and not taking life. He also tries to draw some lame parallels between the brutality of combat and the gospel story.

Now to answer the obvious question: No, Fischer never saw combat. In fact, he never served period.

What a moron.

Actually, we had a better term for people like him: chickenshit.

2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Feminization of the Medal of Honor??????????

I disagree. If you earn a MOH, I would say that you are a person that has a very large set of balls.

3. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Tell it to Bryan Fischer. Everything he needed to know about warfare, he learned by beating off to Rambo II.

4. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Hey, since it was awarded to someone who is still with us this time, Bryan should go and explain to Sgt. Giunta how he thinks the sergeant is really a pussy, and the award has become "feminized".

I'd buy tickets for that.

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Figures!

Then there's the plural-form.....

CHICKENHAWKS.​

6. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    No, he is cool with SSG Giunta since he smoked a dude in the process of his actions of receiving the MOH. It's just the previous recipients.

Of note, he doesn't think jumping on a grenade should be an action worthy of the Medal Of Honor, even though it has been awarded for this action since the advent of grenades.

More ironically, that single act of selflessness is the most in line with what Christ actually said (and I am not terribly religious so I am not preaching, just making a point): "Greater love than this has no man than to lay down his life for his brother" and then goes on a weird tangent about how the crucifixion was the ultimate act of badass violence.

7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I will admit before I start that I have not reviewed every single Medal of Honor ever awarded, but the stories I remember all revolve around saving fellow soldiers lives. One I recall was a WWII Marine who won it for falling on a grenade, was he a pussy also? This guy is a complete idiot.

8. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    I wouldn't call it feminization of the MOH but it is true that the honor has been accorded lately more for saving fellow wounded soldiers in a very selfless manner. I think there are other soldiers who have done other actions that should have recieved the MOH too.

Yet what is the Medal of Honor for? An action or actions that were above and beyond the call of duty. Since this is our highest military award the standards are set very high, rightly so. Yet as a soldier your duty is not to get medals but to work as a team, to protect each other and watch each others back, fulfill your orders and help your buddies if they get hurt or wounded.

So the question is would Sgt. York get a Medal of Honor today for doing what he did in WWI? All he did was single handedly charge a German machine gun nest, taking 32 machine guns, killing 28 German soldiers and capturing 132 others. Would this just be a Silver Star today? I would venture that it is very possible.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The definitive response to the idiot claim:

BLACKFIVE: MOH has been feminized? Really?

Trust me, it goes on...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    I think it's basically acknowledged that the one thing a person can do to guarantee they will receive the medal of honor is to jump on a grenade.

What could be braver or more "above and beyond the call of duty" than to lay down your life to protect your friends?

Like this man:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

This guy is a fucking idiot.

Speaking of "fucking" I fucking hate that I can't type "Medal Of Honor" or "Call of Duty" without it being hyperlinked to stupid video game sites.