Trump Peeved He Couldn't Give Himself the Medal of Honor: 'They Wouldn't Let Me Do It'

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
ormer President Donald Trump admitted Saturday that after he flew to Iraq aboard Air Force One that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor — the country's highest award for military valor in action — but was told he wasn't allowed to.

"As president, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor, but they wouldn't let me do it…they said that would be inappropriate," Trump said on July 23 at the Turning Point USA summit, whose "mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government."

The Congressional Medal of Honor, which is typically presented by the president in the name of Congress, represents values of "bravery, courage, sacrifice [and] integrity," and is only awarded for military valor in action.

Can you believe this dude wanted to give himself a MOH. Unbelievable.

ormer President Donald Trump admitted Saturday that after he flew to Iraq aboard Air Force One that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor — the country's highest award for military valor in action — but was told he wasn't allowed to.

"As president, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor, but they wouldn't let me do it…they said that would be inappropriate," Trump said on July 23 at the Turning Point USA summit, whose "mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government."

The Congressional Medal of Honor, which is typically presented by the president in the name of Congress, represents values of "bravery, courage, sacrifice [and] integrity," and is only awarded for military valor in action.

Yes, yes I can and why would it surprise you?

Hell, I believe he would name himself God if he knew people would accept it… Then again his followers just might…

Hey Negro. This is the first thread you ever posted that wasn't about your bull shit racism. I'm giving you a pat on your head for that

You're a poor liar.

Didn't we do another post like this? It was a joke and it proves that the left has no sense of humor. The ironic thing is that LBJ recommended himself for a Silver Star for essentially the same thing when he was a paper pusher officer in the Navy in WW2.

Last edited:

He was being sarcastic in a jokingly fashion. Jeez!

If Trump was being honest about this than he's an odd fellow going beyond conceited.

I'd have to hear the speech though, he likes to joke around like that to rile up his detractors and make his supporters laugh.
It sounds like something he would say to trigger the communists.

Last edited:

So you're a sourpuss who can't take a joke. Especially when you can hate on a man who spent 4 thankless years of raising poor people's standard of living by seeing to it businesses paid them right. While Hillary Rodham was writing up her salacious lies for the MSM press to distribute and create chaos in the FBI and CIA by pitting dishonest cops against first responders in serving the safety needs for yes, Hillary Rodham Clinton and her extremely negative and corruptible friends who didn't want to be on Hillary's suiciding list. President Trump is not peeved, he was just throwing a little humor into other people's lives so they could laugh a little at his expense. You yourself should be thanking him for making you feel important to be writing ad hominems against a man who truly does for other people. His business was in the hotel business, and his hotels were very nice and clean places where businesses could hold seminars that would improve employees skills and lives, and have memories of swimming in a luxury pool for relaxation, have world-class meals in restaurants inside his hotels, services for people with young children so they could attend meetings in well-lit and comfortable accommodations in meeting rooms and entertainment atmosphere for late-night enjoyment with their friends.

As president, he did all he could to fight the deadly fentanyl drugs that were coming across the border, parentless children who needed better accommodations than the previous administration's cages, and sent back drug cartel criminals, prison escapees, parentless children whose parents sent them as anchors to their future prospects for swift acceptance, and mercy to the school systems in poor counties along hundreds of miles of open border, for which he agreed with border states to build walls so immigrants and business trucks could safely be welcomed at check points, and troublemakers who were sent back no longer had to be housed by poor border cities, mostly small towns considering how dry it is along the US/Mex border.

He set in motion cleanups of the oceans that had the lowest fish populations in history due to plastic disposal items thrown in the oceans by boats, ships, floating restaurants, careless beach bums, dumps from thoughtless surfside towns, and some foreign countries with a history of dumping all into the deep blue sea. Hopefully that effort didn't get cancelled on the first week of his successor.

Didn't we do another post like this? It was a joke and it proves that the left has no sense of humor. The ironic thing is that LBJ recommended himself for a Silver Star for essentially the same thing when he was a paper pusher officer in the Navy in WW2.
John Kerry submitted himself for a purple heart for a papercut needing only a bandaid.

And I thought peace was your focus. Silly me.
And how does your comment about me have anything to do with the subject of this thread?

Of course it does not and you are just upset someone wrote their opinion of your false idol that you would sacrifice yourself for.

I understand you believe Trump is this glorious God that does no wrong and everything written about him has to be false and lies but alas your anti-Christ is a egotistical maniac that would indeed try to give himself medals but you will whine about me instead…

Now go and slaughter Children in the name of your false prophet and demand the Constitution be revoked against those that speak their opinion of your fake God that is named Trump…

Oh, if you disliked that last part ask me if I care and await for my response while holding your breath under water…

Forum List

Back