Feminists Love The Military... not

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
One of the liberal/Democrats most beloved feminists calls for a boycott of Katy Perry and her support for the empowerment of women and a tribute to the U.S. Marines...

------------------:cuckoo:

LOS ANGELES – Katy Perry transforms herself into a U.S. Marine in her latest power-pop single, "Part of Me," which addresses female empowerment and pays particular tribute to service women.

However, at least one media type doesn't support Perry's Marines shout-out.

Prominent feminist Naomi Wolf, author of "The Beauty Myth" and one of many who were arrested amid the Occupy Wall Street protests last year, is urging Americans to boycott the singer, labeling her video "a total piece of propaganda for the Marines."

"I really want to find out if she was paid by them for making it," Wolf wrote on her Facebook page. "It is truly shameful... I would suggest a boycott of this singer whom I really liked - if you are as offended as this glorification of violence as I am."

Writer Naomi Wolf urges boycott of Katy Perry video, calls it military propaganda | Fox News

Last edited:
The video was forwarded to me by a Marine and I just finished watching it. It was kind of hokie with the women landing in AAVs and all that. It was overall well done and I enjoyed the bathroom scene with Katy in her skivvies.

That Wolf woman is barking up the wrong tree if she thinks the US Marines need a pop singer to do their bidding. The Marine Corps propaganda machine has done very well over the years and has people lined up for miles trying to get in both the officer and enlisted ranks. Leave to a leftie to boycott something and cause even further damage to the economy.

One of the liberal/Democrats most beloved feminists calls for a boycott of Katy Perry and her support for the empowerment of women and a tribute to the U.S. Marines...

LOS ANGELES – Katy Perry transforms herself into a U.S. Marine in her latest power-pop single, "Part of Me," which addresses female empowerment and pays particular tribute to service women.

Prominent feminist Naomi Wolf, author of "The Beauty Myth" and one of many who were arrested amid the Occupy Wall Street protests last year, is urging Americans to boycott the singer, labeling her video "a total piece of propaganda for the Marines."

"I really want to find out if she was paid by them for making it," Wolf wrote on her Facebook page. "It is truly shameful... I would suggest a boycott of this singer whom I really liked - if you are as offended as this glorification of violence as I am."

Writer Naomi Wolf urges boycott of Katy Perry video, calls it military propaganda | Fox News
Dear Miss Wolf:

Shaddap.

Dear Miss Wolf:

Shaddap.

Bad Daveman! Impolitic Daveman! Now you've gone and done it-you wrote "Miss" instead of "Ms." The resident feminazis are gonna have a collective hissy fit over THAT! Oh, the horror, the horror! Not PC, not at all!:D

Dear Miss Wolf:

Shaddap.

Bad Daveman! Impolitic Daveman! Now you've gone and done it-you wrote "Miss" instead of "Ms." The resident feminazis are gonna have a collective hissy fit over THAT! Oh, the horror, the horror! Not PC, not at all!:D

iron-my-shirt-bitch-21961-1298129488-36.jpg

Forum List

Back