FEMA Emergency Alert Test Today

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Per a law passed in 2015 every three years FEMA & the FCC must conduct a nationwide alert test on all cell phones. It will occur today at 2:20 pm and it will be loud...... You cannot opt out but you can turn your phone off or put in in Airplane mode prior to the alert. You will still get the alert but at least you won't hear it.

Your phone will emit a blaring emergency alert today - unless you do this

Per a law passed in 2015 every three years FEMA & the FCC must conduct a nationwide alert test on all cell phones. It will occur today at 2:20 pm and it will be loud...... You cannot opt out but you can turn your phone off or put in in Airplane mode prior to the alert. You will still get the alert but at least you won't hear it.

We had that a few months or so ago in the UK, but we have an opt out option in the phone settings. I set mine to off.

Damn, beat like a rented mule....But mine's funnier.

I claim a life event though, I was working on the post but got called away for breakfast before i finished it....A delicious sausage bagel waits for no one. ;)
You get three Internet demerits for not being responsible enough to get in the thread before somebody else beat you to it.

However, the sausage bagel excuse will result in one of the demerits being taken away.

Hell, all I had for breakfast was raisin bran.

I'm wrapping my phone tightly in aluminum foil RIGHT NOW. Probably won't work, but I'm doing my own emergency test 😂

You now appear as a non conformist in Biden's FBI.
They will potentially listen to your phone conversations over the next few months.
With my converted Walmart FEMA camp ready to receive new "refugees"......... Also the adjacent Soylent Green plant should be finished right on time. :thup:

Well, it was a big nothing burger around these parts. I went to a supermarket just to see the mayhem and was greatly disappointed. At abou 2:18 EDS a few phones around me went of but only briefly. A few people looked puzzled or startled but no panic. Darn! Mine phone did not go off. . No promised text message either. The worst part is that ther was no zombie apocalypse. Now I'm really pissed!

Forum List

Back